[Solo] Soloing Black Temple

Has anyone tried since 5.1? If so has anyone been successful?

I'm trying to clear BT on my mage ATM and I am currently stuck at The Illidari Council. The problem is I just seem to die so quickly with everyone attacking me. I have the heal interrupt down so that isn't the problem (Unless my interrupt is on CD).

I just cannot stay alive.

If anyone can help I'd be grateful.
    Last edited by deadman1; 2012-11-30 at 08:20 PM.

I did this earlier today with no problems. Are you spellstealing the Dampen Magic? I did it as fire and just ran in and spellstole the Dampen Magic buff, grouped them up and cleaved them down in about a minute. I completely ignored the heals and just cleaved off the pally. I do have a 494 ilvl, so if you are significantly lower than that, you may not be able to zerg it like that.

I wasn't taking dampen magic, so that helped a bit, but how are you staying alive still? The two melees beat me so hard they peel my shields off like there's no tomorrow. This mage is my alt so my ilvl is only 475 because I don't get to raid a lot. I'm not trying to call you out, but I have a hard time seeing how you could have killed them in ~a minute. My last wipe was about 5 minutes and they were at about 40%.

Quote Originally Posted by huntypus View Post
    I wasn't taking dampen magic, so that helped a bit, but how are you staying alive still? The two melees beat me so hard they peel my shields off like there's no tomorrow. This mage is my alt so my ilvl is only 475 because I don't get to raid a lot. I'm not trying to call you out, but I have a hard time seeing how you could have killed them in ~a minute. My last wipe was about 5 minutes and they were at about 40%.
    I don't know the exact time but considering the fact that my combustion had barely fallen off when they died, I estimated it as best I could. I ran in, pulled the DM off the mage and grouped them up. I popped images, then went through my single target PoM, Alter Time Combustion stacking rotation until i had a big ignite rotation going and then spread it to all the bosses. They were dead before I could take any serious damge from the melee bosses. Did you run this as fire? Was it after the massive hotfix nerf to it? All I know is I was downstairs on my craptop with no mods installed, and I ran through all of BT in no time at all without dying. Not trying to toot my own horn by any means, Just not sure how our experiences could be so different.

Yeah I wasn't trying to talk crap to you I was just wondering how our experience was so drastically different. I haven't had any trouble with any of the other bosses. I was doing it as fire, but it was last night so it appears that it was after the mage nerfs.

Basically did the same thing as you, but like I said mage isn't my main so I probably didn't execute it quite as well as you did. This is becoming more trouble than it is worth to be honest.

Quote Originally Posted by huntypus View Post
    Yeah I wasn't trying to talk crap to you I was just wondering how our experience was so drastically different. I haven't had any trouble with any of the other bosses. I was doing it as fire, but it was last night so it appears that it was after the mage nerfs.

Basically did the same thing as you, but like I said mage isn't my main so I probably didn't execute it quite as well as you did. This is becoming more trouble than it is worth to be honest.
    Yeah bringing someone in for 1 fight shouldn't be too hard if you are having trouble. I would think the fire nerfs would make the fight considerably more challenging so things are making a lot more sense now.