Computer Starts Up Fine, No Video on Monitor

So I'll make this brief, since I'm trying my damndest to get to my raid ASAP; I can't get my main computer to work. It was working fine until I dismantled it to put in a new heatsink and fan for my computer. I put it back together as it was, and I just.. I don't know what happened, but it's booting up fine, everything is on - all USB ports, LEDs, peripherals, fans. Everything is on and fine except for my monitor, that just stays in "sleep" mode with it's light blinking every few seconds. It's powered on fine, but it doesn't stay on, as if the computer itself was turned off.

As a note, the graphics card (Gigabyte 670) is plugged in both 6pin and 8pin. It's connected at the back to the monitor fine, no issue. The fans of the card are even running.

Anybody with any bright ideas? I'm almost about to just take it into the local computer shop and have them point out the very obvious thing I'm missing.

As a note, my motherboard is an Asus M5A97 EVO and aforementioned new heatsink is a Cooler Master 212.

Thanks.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gingercrab View Post
    So I'll make this brief, since I'm trying my damndest to get to my raid ASAP; I can't get my main computer to work. It was working fine until I dismantled it to put in a new heatsink and fan for my computer. I put it back together as it was, and I just.. I don't know what happened, but it's booting up fine, everything is on - all USB ports, LEDs, peripherals, fans. Everything is on and fine except for my monitor, that just stays in "sleep" mode with it's light blinking every few seconds. It's powered on fine, but it doesn't stay on, as if the computer itself was turned off.

As a note, the graphics card (Gigabyte 670) is plugged in both 6pin and 8pin. It's connected at the back to the monitor fine, no issue. The fans of the card are even running.

Anybody with any bright ideas? I'm almost about to just take it into the local computer shop and have them point out the very obvious thing I'm missing.

As a note, my motherboard is an Asus M5A97 EVO and aforementioned new heatsink is a Cooler Master 212.

Thanks.
    Fiddled around with the monitor settings and absolutely certain your HDMI is connected to the right sockets? I had this issue when I installed my GPU, little did I realise I didn't plug in the 6pin, after I connected that it worked fine. Only other issue I could imagine is either drivers or something wrong with the monitor/cable if the GPU is fine.

It is connected right. I'm positive about that.

As far as my monitor/cable is concerned, it gives me the same issue on a second monitor, so it can't be that. :l I'm just running out of ideas, here.

Deleted
    It is connected right. I'm positive about that.

As far as my monitor/cable is concerned, it gives me the same issue on a second monitor, so it can't be that. :l I'm just running out of ideas, here.
    Hm, must be GPU related then, any of the pins damaged? I'd try moving it to a different port or something, worth a try. Sorry I couldn't be of any help.

The graphics card is probably damaged.

The card is only mere months old, and no pins are damaged.

Thanks.

1) Check all the power cables inside the case. 24pin cable (important), 4/8pin cpu cable (important to have this in), 6/8pin power cable(s) (also important) to the video card
    2) Clear the CMOS (BIOS) but using either the button on the mb (10secs), jumper (10secs) or taking out the battery for 30secs.
    3) Boot it up again and give it a try.

Assuming a video card is bad or damaged is not proper troubleshooting. Also replacing parts is the last resort.

Decent Guide/Checklist for computer not posting (blank screen during bootup): http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/26...video-problems