1. #1

    WeakAuras Multi-target Aura tracking

    Hello,
    I am looking for a way to track multiple Flame Shock DoTs in WeakAuras, not only on my main target. I found this Multi-target Aura under Trigger option and it seems to be working, but I'd also like the text on progress bar to show name of target, that flame shock is on. There is no default option for this and I suppose this could be done using Lua function? If yes, could anyone help me with this function, as my Lua skills are close to zero?

    My another request is somewhat optional and I don't know if this is even possible using WeakAuras. By clicking the progress bar of said flame shock, I'd like to target the enemy that has this flame shock on himself. And if WeakAuras can't do this, can someone recommend and addon which could provide this feature?
    Shaman - Hunter - Monk - Druid - Warlock - DK - another Shaman - one more Shaman

  2. #2
    Quote Originally Posted by Faeglendir View Post
    Hello,
    I am looking for a way to track multiple Flame Shock DoTs in WeakAuras, not only on my main target. I found this Multi-target Aura under Trigger option and it seems to be working, but I'd also like the text on progress bar to show name of target, that flame shock is on. There is no default option for this and I suppose this could be done using Lua function? If yes, could anyone help me with this function, as my Lua skills are close to zero?
    I believe there's a WeakAuras function you can call to return the current target of the Aura that might work, I can't remember what it is though. Maybe someone else knows what I'm talking about.

    Quote Originally Posted by Faeglendir View Post
    My another request is somewhat optional and I don't know if this is even possible using WeakAuras. By clicking the progress bar of said flame shock, I'd like to target the enemy that has this flame shock on himself. And if WeakAuras can't do this, can someone recommend and addon which could provide this feature?
    I don't think this is possible using any addon. You can't have UnitFrames be dynamic like that.

    Feral Druid Maintainer of SimC // Moderator at Fluid Druid forums
    Pawkets' Armory
    // Pawkets' Pro Raiders // <Forgotten Aspects>

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by aggixx View Post
    I believe there's a WeakAuras function you can call to return the current target of the Aura that might work, I can't remember what it is though. Maybe someone else knows what I'm talking about.
    That would do the trick for me, anyone got idea how to write this function?
    Shaman - Hunter - Monk - Druid - Warlock - DK - another Shaman - one more Shaman

  4. #4

    weakauras multiple targets dots

    Quote Originally Posted by Faeglendir View Post
    That would do the trick for me, anyone got idea how to write this function?
    Hi Faeglendir!Im having the same problem as u do with doting 1st boss in Mogu"shan Vaults.I didnt see anyone responding to your last post for help with weakauras and i was wondering have u find any solution to our problem.Im esspecialy interested in targeting mobs that have been dotted directly from addon.Please help if u can.Thank you in advnance.*

  5. #5
    Maybe i can get you into the right direction.
    What you request only works for bosses, players, your target and your focus, as they are defined as UIDs and kind of unique. For trashmobs / adds you can only use "fire and forget" timers that show you how long a debuff on a target last, but there is no link to the target itself. Solution here would be nameplates with debufftimer.

    So for the 1st boss its kind of easy. Just create a set of debuffs / dots you want to track. For more than 2 debuffs i would prefer a dynamic group, sort by duration left. Set the target to a specific one and the name to boss1. Repeat for boss2, boss3 and boss4.
    Then all you need is either an additional castbar for the 4 mobs or you put macros with target modifiers into your main castbar (boss1, boss1...)

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by DorfSchrat View Post
    Maybe i can get you into the right direction.
    What you request only works for bosses, players, your target and your focus, as they are defined as UIDs and kind of unique. For trashmobs / adds you can only use "fire and forget" timers that show you how long a debuff on a target last, but there is no link to the target itself. Solution here would be nameplates with debufftimer.

    So for the 1st boss its kind of easy. Just create a set of debuffs / dots you want to track. For more than 2 debuffs i would prefer a dynamic group, sort by duration left. Set the target to a specific one and the name to boss1. Repeat for boss2, boss3 and boss4.
    Then all you need is either an additional castbar for the 4 mobs or you put macros with target modifiers into your main castbar (boss1, boss1...)
    I'm interesting in doing two things, one you suggested, which is anchoring an aura to a nameplate. I've been looking at the code for several AddOns that do custom nameplates, and still have no idea. Google isn't turning up much, either. The second thing is that I'd like to be able to click the debuff aura and target that particular unit. While I realize you can only directly get your focus and your target, and in raids the bosses, you can also get your raid/group members, and their targets.

    So if anyone in your raid has a mob with your DoT targeted, you could use their unitid+target for click-to-target on your DoT aura. While you're not guaranteed that anyone in your raid has a particular mob targeted, the chances are pretty good that they do. Especially considering you're not talking about a random trash mob, but rather, a trash mob that's substantial enough you hit it with your DoT. In general, you don't want to DoT short-lived mobs, and if there's a big swarm of mobs, you use AoE's anyway. So looking at raid member targets would probably be a pretty good way to get a click on the mob you want. Cramming all that into an aura might be a beast. Though I'm sure there's some library out there that has some functions you could call to simplify it.

    What I'm actually trying to implement right now is changing the color of a DoT's progress bar in multi-target group for the DoT that is on your current target. Of course you could look at the unit frame your target and see how long the DoT has remaining, but having the progress bar for the targeted mob change colors would make it a lot easier to quickly tab through until you get the right target to reapply a DoT that is expiring. So it's not quite click-to-target, but it's better than nothing.

  7. #7
    The Patient
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    England
    Posts
    260
    Here is a simple Flame Shock DoT tracker I use for my shaman, however it might not meet your requirements but can be a place to start from at least:

    Code:
    dmZAcaGlcPTrrZKukZwj3uvY3OWojf7fTBG2VQu)uHgMI(nbdvOyWekdNs6GeIJPuNJsTqjyPKs1IjIwUOEk0YKONlPPsLjdy6GUnjUQqLll11jQnsvDAbBwKTlu1NjPNjKPPY3LqJuO0HvvJMinEsjJJsClQY1ivNxv8AIWJvWFjun30rSsCl6jQHO7jrfIaebOJOAwOiX4IHOwJPuTH03ZyABByhPhD2M3Drm5DhXNXuQ2q67zwUnn2r32IEKEPEjtENjXCRgeaDpwBIapGFLWGAwq2kXAVsXieaHelm6CJVigai6V(k9BXqPcds8wmx(pirNjwmaaLsFJzKPfd9DPTT9mYWKjVtNiOSIlhuv7CLA2eL2bvPq6B5URmk6M7BonVjtENnXLWhGoIzHvthrf5fmqhHesiXwlRFqGgGfiK4aDuZMoIWCqvTZ0ruOi4i46HfikdgGevKxWarWVst0F9v63IHsfgKG4GCfkOiU0aqteguAaIaTKYPK7XAtmwr0(l)40gHexcFa6ikxBXhw)ALfiMfwnDevKxWaDesir5AloyhFNPKehw)ALoI1aO6QjIXkYlr0qiHeFgtPAdPVN(CRByAyBuA52MtdM8oDI5wnia6ES2e)Y5VK)mXaarnDrIAnMs1gsFp9ZU0S8olN5Co1pM8UJiOSIlhuv7CLA2esiX4PM9nNesc
    Arneia/Panthea - Guild Master + Raid Leader - <Catalyst> 25man Horde - Tarren Mill - Currently Recruiting: Click for more info

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •