High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account

Demo PvP. Is it any good?

Just curious, I've been playing destro since launch, and I've seen quite a few vids on youtube showcasing demo locks in pvp, and I have to say it looks quite entertaining. However, I've searched up and down the forums here on MMO and can not for the life of me find anything correlating to demo pvp. So my question is, how does one play demo lock in pvp, since I've never delved into it. Any tips, setups, specs, talents, guides, videos that you guys can think of? Any help or opinions. Thanks a bunch!!!

10+ Year Old Account
    It is the go to pvp spec for locks right now...mostly because of the damage potential of chaos wave.

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    It's our main core spec is all I'm going to say to you haha; Well for me at least

Chaoswave> CB

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Okay, so it seems that demo is the way to go, but, like I said before, I've never played it. How do I play, well I should ask how is it played, or what's the play style?

Blow all cooldowns, hit chaos wave 2x without getting Purged or spellstealed, or stunned, or silenced, or geared, or blinded, or gripped, or line of sighted, then collect free rating and conquest.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Blow all cool downs, and hope the other players don't know how to play. Got it! What talents is everyone running?

Deleted
    Teammate dies in arena, i leave with only that doom thing on me and full health, once out of loading it ticks twise and im about to die (i have about 8.5k resil) i bandage as much as i can and it ticks once more and i die, yeah demo locks do silly dmg anyways xD

Quote Originally Posted by Sanodar View Post
    Teammate dies in arena, i leave with only that doom thing on me and full health, once out of loading it ticks twise and im about to die (i have about 8.5k resil) i bandage as much as i can and it ticks once more and i die, yeah demo locks do silly dmg anyways xD
    Ticks every ~15 sec. Hits for ~80k. It's 5k dps. Pretty sure natural regen out-heals that.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    oh also, should I be reforging into haste/mastery/crit?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tya View Post
    Ticks every ~15 sec. Hits for ~80k. It's 5k dps. Pretty sure natural regen out-heals that.
    It ticked on me for 135k

You probably lose your resilience when you leave the arena.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bonkura View Post
    You probably lose your resilience when you leave the arena.
    That would be weird, the only areas that resilience and pvp power are not active are instances/raids and i wasnt in any of those areas.

That would be weird, the only areas that resilience and pvp power are not active are instances/raids and i wasnt in any of those areas.
    I don't know I just heard people talk about it on a PvP stream. Makes sense because you usually drop a lot from debuffs you have on you when you leave arenas. At least more than you did while in the arena.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bonkura View Post
    I don't know I just heard people talk about it on a PvP stream. Makes sense because you usually drop a lot from debuffs you have on you when you leave arenas. At least more than you did while in the arena.
    Alright, gonna make sure not to leave arenas anymore with any dots on in that case, died like 3 times from this. Blizz should make it so it clears all debuffs when you leave arena.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Okay, so if we could get back on topic, and possibly answer some of my questions please.

Quote Originally Posted by Novarx View Post
    Just curious, I've been playing destro since launch, and I've seen quite a few vids on youtube showcasing demo locks in pvp, and I have to say it looks quite entertaining. However, I've searched up and down the forums here on MMO and can not for the life of me find anything correlating to demo pvp. So my question is, how does one play demo lock in pvp, since I've never delved into it. Any tips, setups, specs, talents, guides, videos that you guys can think of? Any help or opinions. Thanks a bunch!!!
    how can you not be resourceful ? the questions you're asking for are easily solvable by simply checking the 3v3 ladder of the top battlegroups,by doing that you can see popular comps, specs, talents, glyphs, gemming ,enchants etc... the only thing you might want to ask for is how it's played, and there are so many threads about this everywhere I don't understand how you could have found none, you just simply didn't look, there are more than 1 thread on these very forums, use the search tool, here are some threads out of many others ( cba to look too long):

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...highlight=demo
    http://www.arenajunkies.com/topic/23...c/page__st__20

It ticked on me for 135k
    Not when you're in arena. Dots ignore resil when you leave arena with them on. This has been true since S9.

Alright, gonna make sure not to leave arenas anymore with any dots on in that case, died like 3 times from this. Blizz should make it so it clears all debuffs when you leave arena.
    Agree it's a bit dumb, but easy solution - if you're heavily dotted (and about to lose), just let them kill you.