== v2.1.2 ==
* Version Updated for patch 5.3
== v2.1.3 ==
* Added some additional repositioning protection
* Fixed some formatting in the options panel
Also up on Curse
Hey Spinal. I've been using this mod since its inception, and I really like it. I have 2 requests:
1) Is it possible to show the range away from the boss as a number? I'm a numbers guy and I don't like how I can take a few steps forward/backwards and still be in the "perfect" range. I want to see when I'm exactly 25 yards away. I might even plant the number right over my toon's head...
2) I regularly set the boss as my focus target, and then tab through the adds as they spawn. Would it be possible to have an option to have the range finder lock to the focus bar? Maybe even add a second bar for focus distance and one for target distance? That way I can maintain proper radius as I run around the boss to kill adds.
thanks again for this awesome mod!
Which will cycle through each tracking option on each press, or
Code:/hp track focus /hp track target
As two macros will specify which unit to track.
I do think what you're suggesting with the ability to have multiple bars is a good idea. It just adds a lot of CPU overhead, but I will look into adding it as an option for those that want to use it and see how it goes.
Another option I was thinking of adding for healers is a window for Cascade that lists names at the proper range for max Cascades. Right now though I feel very few healers use HaloPro, and it will be a lot of work to implement, so if any healers reading this can let me know if that feature would make HaloPro more attractive, I would really appreciate it.
I use Halo Pro and I am a healer. The concept behind the idea is very good.
As a healer, I find that this feature will be most useful under two scenarios:
(1) It is integrated into my healing frames. For example, it shows a small red dot at the bottom corner of my healing frames showing these pple. So, i can click on them immediately and cast cascade.
(2) the names in the window are clickable. I click on them and cast cascade immediately.
This will be a huge quality of life improvement for healers.
Currently, what I am doing is:
I have life bars up all the time for friendlies so I know roughly where they are.
I click on a far away target that I feel is suitable for cascade.
I look at my Halopro bar, and move accordingly to the optimal range. While moving, I continue to cast instant cast heals.
When I reach the optimal range, I fire off cascade.
This is my ideal wish as a healer: Having a radar screen up like DBM /range 10 feature. It shows a donut shape with the optimal range for Halo so I can fire it off when there are maximum pple within range.
I would like to thank you very much for this addon! Your hard work is very very much appreciated good Sir!
Last edited by rubbishgames; 2013-06-28 at 02:58 AM.
A big "+1".
I dunno but this addon seems to be pretty unreliable when it comes to "fat" targets like, lei shen, for instance. Seems to do max dmg when the indicator is red, for example, on lei shen. Other than that its sick
Easiest way to see this, is to stand at exactly 30 yards from a test dummy, but using a wand to attack. At max wand range which is also 30 yards you can wand the target and do damage. Now cast Halo, and it will miss completely even though it is a 30 yard range. This made me think it calculates off the target center but was told no by the devs and through other testing (soloing Onyxia) determined that it isn't the case.
Unless Blizzard steps up and provides a proper api, which would solve everything, HaloPro is as accurate as an addon can be.
My internet dropped and was out the entire patch day right after I updated HaloPro, so only now getting a chance to make a post.
== Release v2.5.0 ==
Updated range libraries
Updated for patch 5.4
== Release v2.6.0 ==
* Fixed issue created by latest hotfix with setting sliders
* Fixed issue created by latest hotfix with the borders colour wheel
* Updated range libraries
Pending review by curse to show in the client, but can get it here in the mean time:
I find that I like Range Display a lot more. More precise and takes up less room. Has options for Target, Focus, and Mouse over as well.
Range Display is a great addon as well, and because it was already around I didn't bother to make a text based option (I easily could but that would just be duplicating that addon, which I do not feel is right).
Range Display is NOT more precise. They calculate range using the exact same code.