Rapture question

Is rapture pretty much just good for tossing out a shield on the tank each time weakened soul comes off? I know it's on a 15/13(glyphed) second CD and rapture is on a 12 second cd but since you don't really gain anything from rapture rather you just don't lose anything is there any reason to try to hit rapture on CD rather than just save your shield for the tank tanking the boss?

rapture should be used on cd and LMG procs, its a min of 200k shield and max around 500k so why wouldnt you want to use as many free rapture procs as possible. A tank is usually always taking dmg and it lasts long enough to usually be used up even if the main tank currently has the debuff, i always shield both tanks as much possible then throw some around the raid during LMG procs.

Quote Originally Posted by kenn9530 View Post
    rapture should be used on cd and LMG procs
    Pretty much this.

If you run an very low spirit build, you might want to reserve it only for LMG procs but otherwise, roll at least one on one tank continually.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    And also now we can design gear to show off the male human high res nipples/chest hair.

Quote Originally Posted by espoire View Post
    Pretty much this.

If you run an very low spirit build, you might want to reserve it only for LMG procs but otherwise, roll at least one on one tank continually.
    Doesn't really matter what your spiritbuild is, it's neutral outside of LMG anyway. You lose more mana by holding the shields for LMG procs as long as you have rapture ready. To illustrate that point, consider:

You have a 1 minute fight. You have 2 spells - Shield, that costs 13K mana (but get 1 free every 12 seconds), and something else that costs 5K (roughly PW:S vs Smite).
    Your legendary meta gem procs 2 times a minute. Each spell is on a 1 sec GBC, so 60 spells casted per minute.

Now, if you were to cast Shields on every rapture CD, that is 5 globals that is completly mana-free, along with 8 seconds of meta gem. This leaves 47*5=235K mana spent.
    If you were to only cast one shield per meta gem proc to force rapture to return 13K mana to your pool, the scenario would instead be 52*5=260K, with a return of 26K. You'd be spending less mana throwing out more shields, hitting every rapture CD - along with more powerfull spell usage.
    It is also important to remember that your shield will "return" the mana, at any point. Consider if you use 4x 5K spells for 20K mana saved during the meta gem proc, vs 3x 5K spells and 1x shield for rapture. VS saving 20K mana, you save 15K and get returned 13K - however, if you casted the shield AFTER the meta gem, you'd still be returned the 13K mana. Basicly, as far as I can wrap my head around it, unless you plan to spend the mana at a later point and need to refill your manabar, spending PW:S outside of meta gem is probably a better choise. Of course, there is the possibility that you need the return if you're struggling for mana, but it won't actually "save" anything, as you miss out on another spell you could have casted for free instead, that will then end up costing you mana afterwards.

Of course, with the difference being 13K vs 5K, you'd "gain" 8K mana everytime you cast a PW:S over a 5K spell inside Rapture, due to the mana difference. The more expensive spell you can cast, the bigger the gain.

Quote Originally Posted by Dracodraco View Post
    math
    Interesting. It's not an option for me due to our glut of disc priests (highly likely the best available target will waste the shield and not trigger Rapture) but interesting. I'll have to look into that next time she goes holy.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    And also now we can design gear to show off the male human high res nipples/chest hair.

I came here looking for some witty banter about The Rapture.

Now I am sad.