1. #1
    Pandaren Monk Slipmat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Ireland
    Posts
    1,880

    Cool New Fae Yule goodies and Sled race in 2.1

    Update 2.1 went up for some testing tonight on the PTS, seems to be just the Christmas Event so far, took a look out to the Dendrome, still sealed

    Some new items have been added to the vendor, hope you all kept your stock of Unique Snowflakes from last year
    A few of the new items:




    First up, you can now upgrade helms with the familiar Storm Legion interface, for example, this blue helm:





    becomes this purple helm



    A new mini game has been added which will have you sleding down a mountain, yes head to IPP and enjoy the repeatable quests to knock over snowmen and test your driving skills by steering through "gates" of flags





  2. #2
    First up, you can now upgrade helms with the familiar Storm Legion interface, for example, this blue helm:
    Is this just for the x-mas helm?

    If not trion did this in not even half the time blizzard took to implement the upgrade item mechanic.

  3. #3
    Pandaren Monk Slipmat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Ireland
    Posts
    1,880
    If you like playing with Dimensions, one of the Trion Devs, Talleen, threw this Christmas themed Dimension, looks sweet


  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    Is this just for the x-mas helm?

    If not trion did this in not even half the time blizzard took to implement the upgrade item mechanic.
    The upgrade mechanic is already in effect and has been since the release of Storm Legion. Adventure Gear and Planar Gear can both be upgraded in the same way the Holiday cap can. Doesn't matter if it's boots, helms, wands, shields or whathaveyou.

    Not all the run-of-the-mill gear can be upgraded, but progressive armor sets and pieces exist for alternative end-game gear.

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Acquiesce of Telara View Post
    The upgrade mechanic is already in effect and has been since the release of Storm Legion. Adventure Gear and Planar Gear can both be upgraded in the same way the Holiday cap can. Doesn't matter if it's boots, helms, wands, shields or whathaveyou.

    Not all the run-of-the-mill gear can be upgraded, but progressive armor sets and pieces exist for alternative end-game gear.
    I'm out of the loop!

    ---------- Post added 2012-12-01 at 02:14 AM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Slipmat View Post
    If you like playing with Dimensions, one of the Trion Devs, Talleen, threw this Christmas themed Dimension, looks sweet

    All I want for x-mas is a tenticle christmas tree topper.

  6. #6
    Seriously going to need to quit my job to play Rift at this rate. I think Rift is getting to that point where I can see putting idiot hours into a mmorpg.
    http://raptr.com/puremallace/about

    What has been made by QQ can be unmade by QQ!!!

  7. #7
    omfg at those dimension items!! cant wait to get my hands on those lol
    RIFT: Valakin lvl 60 rogue / Valakis lvl 60 mage - Zaviel EU, guild "Consortium"
    D3: 60 Barb, 60 Wiz, 60 WD

  8. #8
    Pandaren Monk Slipmat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Ireland
    Posts
    1,880
    Quote Originally Posted by soniqboom View Post
    omfg at those dimension items!! cant wait to get my hands on those
    The Fae Yule decorations for your Dimension vendor has been added, happy grinding Unique Snowflakes



    Also the new Chronicle "A Hero Rises" has been added and interestingly is a solo Chronicle


  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Slipmat View Post
    Also the new Chronicle "A Hero Rises" has been added and interestingly is a solo Chronicle
    *cough*



    :P
    My Youtube Channel for RIFT Guides/Endgame Gameplay - http://www.youtube.com/user/Seatinmanoflegends

  10. #10
    Mechagnome Sleepysnik's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Stavanger
    Posts
    548
    Quote Originally Posted by Slipmat View Post
    The Fae Yule decorations for your Dimension vendor has been added, happy grinding Unique Snowflakes



    Also the new Chronicle "A Hero Rises" has been added and interestingly is a solo Chronicle

    Any sign of being able to put snow on the ground, or is mr.Dev cheating?
    "You disgust me"- Grandma

  11. #11
    maybe there will be a way to add snow in the ground. the items we can buy isnt yet finished i assume. we also miss the new mount they talked about.

  12. #12

  13. #13
    The Insane DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Illinois, USA
    Posts
    15,372
    These additions look awesome!

    Also, it feels like the last Fae Yule was practically yesterday to me. O_o
    i7-5820K | ASUS X99- Deluxe | Crucial 2x8GB DDR4 2133MHz | eVGA GTX 760 SC | Crucial MX100 512GB | Crucial M500 240GB | Crucial m4 128GB | Western Digital Blue 1TB | Western Digital Black 1TB | SeaSonic X660 Gold
    ASUS MX239H | Schiit Stack Modi + Asgard 2 | Sennheiser HD598 | Audio Technica ATH-AD700 | Presonus Eris E5 Studio Monitors | Blue Snowball Mic | Razer Death Adder | Corsair K70 | CyberPower 1500PFCLCD UPS

  14. #14
    Scarab Lord slime's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    USA PA
    Posts
    4,116
    Holy hell, where will I find the time. Already so much to do in Rift in a day... but I am excited for this I have really enjoyed the holiday events in Rift. For a *shineys* junkie like me the Realm of the Fae one was epic.

  15. #15
    For those of you wondering about the canes, the snow, and other assorted features in the dimension; we've gotten a cryptic response to those questions saying:

    "There is more than one vendor"

    Source
    {I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it. }

  16. #16
    Pandaren Monk Slipmat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Ireland
    Posts
    1,880
    I slacked off a bit in posting these, was browsing my screenies folder and had forgotten about them

    For achievement and titles chasers, this will keep you happy

    First up, achievements for the Fire saga have been added on the PTS



    New SL Faction achievements and titles



    Titles are:

    Torvan Hunters = Torvan Legend
    Lycini = Lycini Royalty
    Eternal City Survivors = City Survivor
    Necropolis Caretakers = Keeper of the Dead
    Qaijiri = Tribal Elder

    For those interested in Pee Vee Pee, a few new achievements added for the Fae Yule event



    After all that talk of killing other players and stuff, let's end up with the cutesy wutesy screenshot


  17. #17
    High Overlord Cupcaek's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Chicago, IL
    Posts
    101
    Faction achievements and titles are not new to 2.1. They've been available to earn since launch.

  18. #18
    Feel free to test out our other Fae Yule Gifts as well

    http://www.riftgame.com/en/promo/yule.php

    Just went live a few hours ago!
    James "Elrar" Nichols
    Former Community Manager
    Trion Worlds, Inc.

  19. #19
    Pandaren Monk Slipmat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Ireland
    Posts
    1,880
    Quote Originally Posted by Cupcaek View Post
    Faction achievements and titles are not new to 2.1. They've been available to earn since launch.
    Yeah, that was totally my mistake and a blonde moment, i meant to do the titles you get from the Fire saga achievements, or at least that's my excuse

    Quote Originally Posted by Elrar-Trion View Post
    Feel free to test out our other Fae Yule Gifts as well


    Thanks for the heads up Elrar, already got the pressie pile in the mail, fast turnaround from applying the code

    ---------- Post added 2012-12-07 at 11:28 AM ----------

    Phase 2 of the Fae Yule is up for testing on the PTS



    If you don't have any mount or like to collect them, the new mount vendors have the easiest quest ever to get a reindeer mount!!

    Simply run around Sanctum/Meridian and collect 10 Icebud plants, that's it, instant mount for little effort





    Finally, proof that Trion Devs burn the midnight oil, seems Mortt forgot to log out after last night's test session, this was taken at 3am his time


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •