10+ Year Old Account

Cool New Fae Yule goodies and Sled race in 2.1

Update 2.1 went up for some testing tonight on the PTS, seems to be just the Christmas Event so far, took a look out to the Dendrome, still sealed

Some new items have been added to the vendor, hope you all kept your stock of Unique Snowflakes from last year
    A few of the new items:

First up, you can now upgrade helms with the familiar Storm Legion interface, for example, this blue helm:

becomes this purple helm

A new mini game has been added which will have you sleding down a mountain, yes head to IPP and enjoy the repeatable quests to knock over snowmen and test your driving skills by steering through "gates" of flags

First up, you can now upgrade helms with the familiar Storm Legion interface, for example, this blue helm:
    Is this just for the x-mas helm?

If not trion did this in not even half the time blizzard took to implement the upgrade item mechanic.

10+ Year Old Account
    If you like playing with Dimensions, one of the Trion Devs, Talleen, threw this Christmas themed Dimension, looks sweet

Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    Is this just for the x-mas helm?

If not trion did this in not even half the time blizzard took to implement the upgrade item mechanic.
    The upgrade mechanic is already in effect and has been since the release of Storm Legion. Adventure Gear and Planar Gear can both be upgraded in the same way the Holiday cap can. Doesn't matter if it's boots, helms, wands, shields or whathaveyou.

Not all the run-of-the-mill gear can be upgraded, but progressive armor sets and pieces exist for alternative end-game gear.

Quote Originally Posted by Acquiesce of Telara View Post
    The upgrade mechanic is already in effect and has been since the release of Storm Legion. Adventure Gear and Planar Gear can both be upgraded in the same way the Holiday cap can. Doesn't matter if it's boots, helms, wands, shields or whathaveyou.

Not all the run-of-the-mill gear can be upgraded, but progressive armor sets and pieces exist for alternative end-game gear.
    I'm out of the loop!

---------- Post added 2012-12-01 at 02:14 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Slipmat View Post
    If you like playing with Dimensions, one of the Trion Devs, Talleen, threw this Christmas themed Dimension, looks sweet

All I want for x-mas is a tenticle christmas tree topper.

Seriously going to need to quit my job to play Rift at this rate. I think Rift is getting to that point where I can see putting idiot hours into a mmorpg.

omfg at those dimension items!! cant wait to get my hands on those lol
    RIFT: Valakin lvl 60 rogue / Valakis lvl 60 mage - Zaviel EU, guild "Consortium"
    D3: 60 Barb, 60 Wiz, 60 WD

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by soniqboom View Post
    omfg at those dimension items!! cant wait to get my hands on those
    The Fae Yule decorations for your Dimension vendor has been added, happy grinding Unique Snowflakes

Also the new Chronicle "A Hero Rises" has been added and interestingly is a solo Chronicle

Deleted
    Also the new Chronicle "A Hero Rises" has been added and interestingly is a solo Chronicle
    *cough*

:P

The Fae Yule decorations for your Dimension vendor has been added, happy grinding Unique Snowflakes

Any sign of being able to put snow on the ground, or is mr.Dev cheating?
    "You disgust me"- Grandma

Deleted
    maybe there will be a way to add snow in the ground. the items we can buy isnt yet finished i assume. we also miss the new mount they talked about.

Deleted
    that tree looks awesome with those tentacles on the top.

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    These additions look awesome!

Also, it feels like the last Fae Yule was practically yesterday to me. O_o
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

Holy hell, where will I find the time. Already so much to do in Rift in a day... but I am excited for this I have really enjoyed the holiday events in Rift. For a *shineys* junkie like me the Realm of the Fae one was epic.

For those of you wondering about the canes, the snow, and other assorted features in the dimension; we've gotten a cryptic response to those questions saying:

"There is more than one vendor"

Source
    {I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it. }

10+ Year Old Account
    I slacked off a bit in posting these, was browsing my screenies folder and had forgotten about them

For achievement and titles chasers, this will keep you happy

First up, achievements for the Fire saga have been added on the PTS

New SL Faction achievements and titles

Titles are:

Torvan Hunters = Torvan Legend
    Lycini = Lycini Royalty
    Eternal City Survivors = City Survivor
    Necropolis Caretakers = Keeper of the Dead
    Qaijiri = Tribal Elder

For those interested in Pee Vee Pee, a few new achievements added for the Fae Yule event

After all that talk of killing other players and stuff, let's end up with the cutesy wutesy screenshot

10+ Year Old Account
    Faction achievements and titles are not new to 2.1. They've been available to earn since launch.

Feel free to test out our other Fae Yule Gifts as well

http://www.riftgame.com/en/promo/yule.php

Just went live a few hours ago!
    James "Elrar" Nichols
    Former Community Manager
    Trion Worlds, Inc.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cupcaek View Post
    Faction achievements and titles are not new to 2.1. They've been available to earn since launch.
    Yeah, that was totally my mistake and a blonde moment, i meant to do the titles you get from the Fire saga achievements, or at least that's my excuse

Quote Originally Posted by Elrar-Trion View Post
    Feel free to test out our other Fae Yule Gifts as well

Thanks for the heads up Elrar, already got the pressie pile in the mail, fast turnaround from applying the code

---------- Post added 2012-12-07 at 11:28 AM ----------

Phase 2 of the Fae Yule is up for testing on the PTS

If you don't have any mount or like to collect them, the new mount vendors have the easiest quest ever to get a reindeer mount!!

Simply run around Sanctum/Meridian and collect 10 Icebud plants, that's it, instant mount for little effort

Finally, proof that Trion Devs burn the midnight oil, seems Mortt forgot to log out after last night's test session, this was taken at 3am his time