Page 1 of 8
... LastLast

Anyone ever heard of MGTOW?

Apparently, this stands for "Men Going Their Own Way". I'd never heard of this before, but it's one of the most depressing things I've ever seen. Here's one of their bigger sites:

http://www.mgtowforums.com/

Click around there, and you'll see the most shocking examples of selfish, entitled, whiny excuses for men you'll ever see. This one's a particular charmer: http://www.mgtowforums.com/forums/me...-catching.html

10+ Year Old Account

First thing that came to mind lol.
    Putin khuliyo

He-Man Woman Haters Club

The guy's forum name is "womanhater" and his title is "Unapologetic Misogynist." I think it's safe to ignore just about anything he says, and let him and his ilk go about their sad lives.

I think what put me off women altogether was the realisation that you’ll NEVER get [love, respect, and intimacy] for real. It’s sad and sobering, but that’s the way it is.

Thinking that the attention of women validates you as a person collapses once you realise they are attracted to the worst qualities in the worst men.

Thinking that the attention of women equals affection, intimacy, or love – collapses once you realise they will leave you in a second if they sense any weakness or if a BBD [bigger better deal] comes along. Then you’ll realise that the meter was running all the time, whether this was clear at the time or not.

Women are like a bitter medicine that you force yourself to swallow because you believe it is doing you good. Once you realise it’s a quack remedy, and the whole thing is a scam, you’re free to spit it out and never partake again.

That leaves you with sex alone, which is really rather easy to come by.
    http://manboobz.com/2012/11/28/mgtow...oing-you-good/

It's a pretty depressing way of looking at life. I hope I'm not that way when I'm older.
    Why am I back here, I don't even play these games anymore

The problem with the internet is parallel to its greatest achievement: it has given the little man an outlet where he can be heard. Most of the time however, the little man is a little man because he is not worth hearing.

Maybe I am missing the point but what is so remarkable about this ?

Quote Originally Posted by vizzle View Post

It's a pretty depressing way of looking at life. I hope I'm not that way when I'm older.
    I think a lot of these guys have been fucked over by women pretty hard at one point in their lives.

There is one thing he's right on, however.

Women do tend to be attracted, more often than not, to personality traits most people would consider antisocial or otherwise aversive.

The 3 traits are called the Dark Triad and consist of Narcissism, Machiavellian personality and Psychopathy.

There's been scientific research done on it. And for a decent guy seeing this enough, it can really wear on them.

It really is a scientific fact that manipulative, self-centered and emotionally apathetic men get more women than not.

You can argue it's not all women, but science certainly points to it being most women.

I could definitely see how that would foster bitterness, even malice towards women if a guy repeatedly loses women to someone like this often enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Laize View Post
    It really is a scientific fact that manipulative, self-centered and emotionally apathetic men get more women than not.
    Why in the world aren't these MGTOW idiots positively drowning in da bitchez then?

Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post
    Why in the world aren't these MGTOW idiots positively drowning in da bitchez then?
    Probably because these men aren't manipulative. They're probably not even self-centered. They're almost certainly not emotionally numb because they sure can express other ranges of emotion such as anger (Psychopathy, by definition, is extremely shallow emotions, both good and bad).

They're just bitter.

Fact is not everyone has good experiences with the opposite sex. Some perfectly good women get in constantly abusive relationships. Some perfectly good men get constantly shot down or left for asshole guys.

Can you really blame either for being bitter?

This is probably an example of someone who'd wind up being a "MGTOW":

Last edited by Laize; 2012-12-01 at 04:38 AM.

www.4chan.org/r9k
    You ain't seen nothing yet.

This is the first time I've felt genuinely depressed and sorry for a group of people on the internet. God the guys in that thread are down-right pathetic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Novakhoro View Post
    I recommend shoulder surgery immediately... there's no way you didn't fuck it up with how hard you just reached.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by vizzle View Post

Jesus fucking Christ. Was reading another article on that site, and goddamn. Those people are messed up.

Deleted
    Trying so hard not to imagine a Jabba the Hutt look a like sitting behind his desk.

Reading this thread I have to wonder why people overwhelmingly think these guys are ugly, fat weirdos. I imagine there are just as many males like this as there are women. But we're more likely to think women have a good reason for being this way.

15+ Year Old Account
    Xbox + booze + freedom + $ > marriage
    Well, I applaud them for that hahaha

Deleted
    Good for them, getting hitched seriously limits personal freedom, but some of those guys really are bitter. Some of the posters there really hate women, its an obsession almost.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH1471 View Post
    Good for them, getting hitched seriously limits personal freedom, but some of those guys really are bitter. Some of the posters there really hate women, its an obsession almost.
    Dont worry Rich. You, me, just need to get 30-40 years older and we will sit in an old armchair talking crap about politicians and how they ruined the country blabla

First article I see: the Fox News War on Men. Yup, all I need to see in that hellhole. Suzanne Venker has got to be the most insanely sexist person, in a pseudo-intellectual way, that I've seen all year. (As opposed to the legitimate rape bigotry/ignorance type).

---------- Post added 2012-12-01 at 12:20 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Laize View Post
    Definitely has nothing to do these men being manipulative and willing to use others with total disregard.

---------- Post added 2012-12-01 at 12:21 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Morsker View Post
    It sounds like they're uncomfortable manipulating or abusing women for moral reasons. (I suppose there are different flavors of misogyny.) So their reasons would be similar to the reason you or I don't murder or steal from people we don't respect.
    Or maybe they're just the ones who suck at it and is bitter about women seeing through their manipulation.
    Last edited by semaphore; 2012-12-01 at 12:22 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post
    Apparently, this stands for "Men Going Their Own Way". I'd never heard of this before, but it's one of the most depressing things I've ever seen. Here's one of their bigger sites:

http://www.mgtowforums.com/

Click around there, and you'll see the most shocking examples of selfish, entitled, whiny excuses for men you'll ever see. This one's a particular charmer: http://www.mgtowforums.com/forums/me...-catching.html
    I don't see anything wrong with the website, the thread or with his username.
    On that note, what's the point of this?
    Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings.
    To resist the influence of others, knowledge of oneself is most important.