Page 1 of 3
LastLast

[Movies] Worst Remakes

So after downloading and watching the new Red Dawn remake I almost threw up on my keyboard. The movie was just horrible compared to the first. The first movie was just so much more dramatic with such great and emotional scenes.

1. The scene where some of their fathers are rounded up and sing America the beautiful before the are executed
    2. The scene where one of the girls is mortally wounded and choses to stay behind with a grenade to not be captured and take one of them with her
    3. The scene when they find out one of their own ratted them out and one of the boys guns him down
    4. The transformation of the two girls from shy and timid to killers and not taking shit from anyone. Well shows how everyone changes.
    5. Shows the human side of the enemy as one of the head guys lets the two brothers go in the end when he cold have easily killed them
    6. The scene at the end when the two brothers are sitting on a bench in the park where they grew up and die together

None of that was in this movie at all. It was just horrible. Doesnt show the kids going through any sort of change because they are having to kill people now. Also WTF is up with the girls? Its like they were actually ex Navy SEALS or something and could kill without mercy from the start. Also in the first movie when they find the downed US pilot he actually esplains everything that happened and how we were invaded in great detail including how the Cubans and Russian's were working together and where they hit us frst. I think something was mentioned about how the North Koreans got int the US but it doesnt explain it in much detail. Its like they just teleported in a bunch of tanks and Humvees. Also where did North Koreans get a ton of Hummers from anyways? I cheked http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Humvee and North Korea nor South Korea are on the list. Also it shows the Russians helping the Nother Koreans and they dont have humvees eithers. Nothing in the movie makes sense, the plot is obvious but about as bland as you can get. No drama at all. I would rather gouge my eyes out with rusty spoons than watch that movie again.
    Last edited by Dabrix32; 2012-11-27 at 12:24 PM.

Haven't seen it but I've heard it's pretty bad. I wonder if MGM's financial issues played a part in that or their decision after filming to make it look like the North Koreans attacked instead of the Chinese. Also, looks this is Dan Bradley's first time as the lead director. He was the 2nd Unit Film Director on several films.

For my worst remake I'm going with Total Recall. Such a classic original and the remake didn't add anything new and exciting to the movie. The thing that gets me is the original isn't even that old so it didn't even really need the remake treatment.

Thw new Spiderman movie was pretty bad. And yes, I consider it a remake - even though there was a Spiderman series just a few years ago.

Its completely pointless, the story sucks, its clitche storming all the way through, and it was torture to sit through.

Not even Martin Sheen could save that movie. Not even Martin Sheen.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Durandro View Post
    Thw new Spiderman movie was pretty bad. And yes, I consider it a remake - even though there was a Spiderman series just a few years ago.

Its completely pointless, the story sucks, its clitche storming all the way through, and it was torture to sit through.

Not even Martin Sheen could save that movie. Not even Martin Sheen.
    Ya of the recent remakes (having not seen Red Dawn and having no intention to ever do so), The Amazing Spider-Man was by far the worst. That movie was so horribly written, edited, and then falsely marketed. They are still marketing the DVDs with the exact same tagline about secrets to his past which they completely cut from the damn movie so I hope they would be included in deleted scenes or extras. The plot was horrible, the convenient timer is the most overplayed cliche in movies, somehow the lizard developed gas gernades in a couple days and then used them with there being zero real payoff at all in terms of the plot of the movie (because the big set piece they were designed to set up was removed), the entire story involving the chemical and Oscorp was removed (after the bridge attack the company guy disappears from the whole film, again thanks to horrible editing cuts). It was hands down the most horrible money grab made in the last couple years. The only redeeming quality of that movie is that it added blonde to the hairstyles in which Emma Stone looks amazing.

I'd also say Conan the Barbarian is assuredly near the top of the list, but I have yet to see that movie so not fair to judge it.
    Last edited by conscript; 2012-11-28 at 04:45 PM.

For Conan just wait until it's out on regular tv. I wouldn't say it's one to go out of your way to see.

10+ Year Old Account
    Conan the Barbarian, Never have i felt so used as when i watched this worthless shit.

Bland, no Story, fighting was terrible, just a all around Bad movie. It almost beat white noise and white chicks as my top 2 worst movies of all time.

"Humility defeats pride, Master Yang has preached. Pride defeats man"

Conan was really bad, the other one that comes to mind is the last Superman movie - hugely disappointing.

Heh, the original Red Dawn was awful too, so it's not a surprise if the remake sucks.

Quote Originally Posted by the0o View Post
    Conan the Barbarian, Never have i felt so used as when i watched this worthless shit.

Bland, no Story, fighting was terrible, just a all around Bad movie. It almost beat white noise and white chicks as my top 2 worst movies of all time.
    At least Momoa was far better suited for the role than Arnold, he resembled Robert E. Howard's vision of Conan quite much.
    I don't hate you. I'm just not necessarily excited about your existence.

Yeah the new Spiderman movie is pretty bad. Plus, I didn't like the portrayal of Peter Parker at all

Quote Originally Posted by Jon View Post
    At least Momoa was far better suited for the role than Arnold, he resembled Robert E. Howard's vision of Conan quite much.
    Blasphemy! Arnie is better suited than anybody for any role.
    My Gaming Setup | WoW Paladin (retired)

"This is not a dress. This is a sacred robe of the ancient psychedelic monks."

Clash Of The Titans was pretty bad too. I understand why studios want to remake films but what I don't understand is how you can screw them up so badly.

Actually has there ever been a good remake of anything? Although Im quite looking forward to The Great Gatsby remake. I think DiCaprio fits the role perfectly. Maybe better than Robert Redford. But Redford played more on Gatsby's myserious side while DiCaprio is playing his flamboyant playboy side. And Tobey Maguire as Nick is an awesome fit too. Still the best book I was forced to read in school.
    Last edited by Dabrix32; 2012-11-30 at 12:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Skippy88 View Post
    Clash Of The Titans was pretty bad too. I understand why studios want to remake films but what I don't understand is how you can screw them up so badly.

I remember seeing part of Clash on the Titans, it looked bad, I couldn't force myself through it

10+ Year Old Account
    They took a bad movie (Red Dawn) and made a bad remake out of it.

That I find hilarious.
    Putin khuliyo

The 2010 Wolfman. Simply thinking about that movie upsets Skelington, especially since he loves the original so much. And it didn't even start out okay, it was easy to tell how bad it would be in the first scene. Should've walked out of the theater rather than watch the ending with the fucking second werewolf and bullshit sappy love story death.

I liked the new spiderman much more than the older series.

That's just me though. Not trying to troll or start anything.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tzzentch View Post
    honestly what happened in BC? it's like the 60's of WoW everything is in awful colours, shit doesn't make sense and i feel like i'm trippin bawls everytime i level an alt past 58...
    Shattarath is kinda pretty but outside is a technicolor nightmare that looks like someone tied horses to the contrast slider and fired a rifle

spidey remake = bad, i agree
    red dawn remake = after they mauled the script i got worried after reading 1st post i am not going to bother at all.
    conan remake = i do kinda agree that new conan (actor) is what he should look like but hey c'mon Arnie is Arnie.
    total recall remake = if you never watched the original its not a bad movie but again Arnie
    wolfman remake = yuck

Now my few to add to the WTF were they thinking

1. The day the earth stood still, the black and white movie was just epic the remake made me sick
    2. War of the Worlds - Steven Spielberg shame on you.
    3. Planet of the Apes - i don't even have words for this other then /cry /wrists
    4. The Italian Job - OMG this 1 made me angry they raped it, this is 1 of the worst offenders ever.
    Want to play SWTOR again and get 7 free days of subscription access + free ingame goodies: http://www.swtor.com/r/d5LnJT

Er, can you really call the new Spiderman a remake? It's a reboot, isn't it?

Deleted
    Pretty much every Asian Horror movie remade to US version!

Quote Originally Posted by Kerdozia View Post
    Pretty much every Asian Horror movie remade to US version!
    Agreed, but that's not limited to Asian movies. Compare the great Spanish movie "Abre los Ojos" with it's horrible Tom Cruise remake Vanilla Sky. Ughhh...
    My Gaming Setup | WoW Paladin (retired)

"This is not a dress. This is a sacred robe of the ancient psychedelic monks."