Razer Naga compared to my new Logitech G600

As i were cruising the internet stores for some fans for my radiator, i found the G600 at a fairly cheap price (~90$), so i took it aswell.

Now, i will NEVER go back to a mouse that doesn't have those 8-12 buttons on the side, so for the moment these are the only mice i know about and im therefor gonna be using them for some time.

So, im gonna write Pro's and Con's about both mice, !!BASED COMPLETELY ON MY OWN EXPIRIENCES AND OPINIONS!!

I'll start off with the Naga non-epic version.

Pro's:
    1: Comfortable for a small hand like mine.
    2: Ergonomicly shaped to support every finger except my thumb and little finger.
    3: The buttons on the side are firmly placed on the side so they dont wobble about
    4: The buttons need a fairly hard push, so you wont accidently push them without noticing.
    5: It looks nice. Yes looks are important even on something your hand will be covering most of the time !
    6: Left and Right click buttons also need a decent push, but you can still accidently push them if you put too much weight on them. I don't put that much weight on them so i find it a plus that i can easily spam click if needed.
    7: The total weight of the mouse aint that big so it easily glides along the mouse pad, but it still wont fly away from a strafe of wind
    8: My fingers dont slip on LMB and RMB, and i guess its because of the coating on the surface of the mouse.

Thats all i could think of right of the bat, will most likely add more to it later.

Con's:
    1: Can be quite expensive
    2: Gets VERY dirty inbetween the side buttons, and also on the ring finger rest, which i fear can slowly wedge itself in under the RMB and ruin it. (CLEAN OFTEN!)
    3: Way too small for people with big fingers and big hands. I got family / friends who cant use it comfortably because its too small and impractical to use.
    4: The last row of buttons on the side (10-11-12) could've been placed about 5-7mm towards the tip of the mouse as they can be difficult to reach. (see #3)
    5: As MUCH other razer gear, it has tendencies to break easily. My first naga didnt break til i threw it into the wall twice and then smashed it twice, and the only thing that broke was a little pin under the RMB that i could easily fix with a little piece of plastic. My current has trouble with double clicking on a single click. (Taking #1 into account this is really bad)

Time for the logitech G600!

Pro's:
    1: Fits my hand, and bigger hands well
    2: weights a little more than the Naga, but stills flows freely over the mousepad.
    3: Its quite cheap for a mouse with its properties
    4: it has a really good design. I actually prefer it over the naga.
    5: It feels good in the hand. It doesn't feel like this frail piece of plastic and metal. It feels like a sturdy unit that (i guess) could take a drop or two from your desk.
    6: My fingers dont slip on LMB and RMB, and i guess its because of the coating on the surface of the mouse.

Con's:
    1: The buttons on the side wobbles when your thumb moves slightly, and this annoys me to no end.
    2: The buttons give in a little when you push, just before you actually click. Combine that with the small wobble and wiggling of the buttons, and it will sometimes not be clicking when i think it is. (im used to the no wobble and no giving in on the naga)
    3: There seems to be a button for your ring finger, on what is the rest for the finger on the naga. Im not yet sure what it does, but i keep clicking it when in combat, and its annoying.
    4: The buttons on the side have been angled in a special way, which might sound good, but it isn't for me in this case. It forces me to move my thumb more than on the naga to acces the third and fourth row of buttons.

In conclusion: Both are great mice, and both offer a uniqe and very usefull tool (12 thumb buttons). Both got pros and cons, but none of them are so bad you shouldn't be scared to buy either.

Which to chose? Im so used to my naga, that i will have trouble getting used to the G600 and its wiggly wobbly thumb buttons and the angle of them. But if you're fresh off for a mouse like them, i'd recommend the G600 over the naga.

A few key things that makes the G600 better than the Naga is:

1: I still havent read or head as many reviews about the G600 as i have about the naga, but to my expirience logitech serves better quality than naga, and as such i expect the G600 to survive longer than the naga, while also being cheaper !

2: I guess that if the G600 will be your first mouse with thumb buttons, the wobbling wont annoy you too much i think, and you might get used to it, and it wont be a problem in the end.

There you have my review of both of them. I hope you liked it, and i hope you didnt find this a waste of time. I just felt like making this at 1:30 in the morning (this will explain if certain phrases doesn't make any sense)

So after reading your comment on the prices i said, i took a look at prices once again, and it seems like both mice are within the same price range now from the stores i can buy at (just around 90-100 each) The naga used to be at around 130 $

IIRC, denmark have some increased tax on electronics or some shit like that. Atleast my complete gaming rig would've been 30% cheaper in USA.
    Last edited by Martinussen; 2012-12-01 at 11:45 AM.
    "When you want to succeed as bad as you want to breathe, then you'll be successful"
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lsSC2vx7zFQ

I've used the Naga for over 2 years now(Using my 2nd one currently, about 3 months old I think?). I solved the cleaning by just taking a cotton stick and soaking it in water and then wiping in between the thumb grid. Works always

Also $100 for G600 a bit higher than my Naga(I use the regular, non-epic, non-"2012" version), which was 68€(Which is ~$88).

For the 10-11-12 buttons, I don't use the tip of my thumb, rather the "base" of the thumb. It feels a lot better than having to crook your thumb in a weird position which could cause inaccurate movement with the mouse. Picture: here, since it is a bit hard to explain

Quote Originally Posted by Tehterokkar View Post
    I've used the Naga for over 2 years now(Using my 2nd one currently, about 3 months old I think?). I solved the cleaning by just taking a cotton stick and soaking it in water and then wiping in between the thumb grid. Works always

Also $100 for G600 a bit higher than my Naga(I use the regular, non-epic, non-"2012" version), which was 68€(Which is ~$88).

For the 10-11-12 buttons, I don't use the tip of my thumb, rather the "base" of the thumb. It feels a lot better than having to crook your thumb in a weird position which could cause inaccurate movement with the mouse. Picture: here, since it is a bit hard to explain
    $69.99 @ best buy

10+ Year Old Account
    Unless you REALLY need all those extra buttons, I'd just get an MX500 clone, which is currently the Logitech G400. That series of mice is very well known for being stable and reliable and I'm still using an MX518 (or whatever the second generation of that line is) that I got four years ago, and it still works perfectly.

Well, I guess it's not ideal if you're a southpaw, though, since those mice are contoured to righties.
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/PizzaSHARK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.
    Quote Originally Posted by SUH View Post
    Crissi the goddess of MMO, if i may. ./bow

Quote Originally Posted by PizzaSHARK View Post
    Unless you REALLY need all those extra buttons, I'd just get an MX500 clone, which is currently the Logitech G400. That series of mice is very well known for being stable and reliable and I'm still using an MX518 (or whatever the second generation of that line is) that I got four years ago, and it still works perfectly.

Well, I guess it's not ideal if you're a southpaw, though, since those mice are contoured to righties.
    I NEED the buttons yes got all 12 used for keybinds and shit and i simply wont go back to clicking abilities with my left hand on the keyboard like some god damned animal
    "When you want to succeed as bad as you want to breathe, then you'll be successful"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PizzaSHARK View Post

I would recommend the mouse for people who play druid, hunter, rogue and DKs. I've used all of my buttons except 5 buttons on my naga because I'm reserving them for arena1,2,3 CC macros. Currently got my shapeshift forms on 1,2,3, arena targetting on 4,5 and 6 which helps tremendously with my keybinds on my keyboard. Heck, mop druid gameplay made me (for competitive arena pvp) have to use the ctrl-modifier which I didn't use in the past at all.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've asked for the Naga for Christmas, as my signature clearly conveys I play a rogue, and I have so many keyboard binds and shift-modifier macros I want to cry. I'd love to alleviate some of my keybinds to my mouse.
    "The Maw's thirst is unquenchable. If it is not fed fresh victims, it will not hesitate to drink from its wielder instead."

non epic version of the naga and the g600 can be found for about the same price in the US. It comes down to which one is on sale at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by Catanowplx View Post
    My first naga didnt break til i threw it into the wall twice and then smashed it twice, and the only thing that broke was a little pin under the RMB that i could easily fix with a little piece of plastic.
    What I have suspected for some time now from the "my naga stopped working after 2 weeks" threads. You can't hit your mouse with a baseball bat and expect it to live.
    | Intel i5-4670k | Asus Z87-Pro | Xigmatek Dark Knight | Kingston HyperX Fury White 16GB | Sapphire R9 270x | Crucial MX300 750GB | WD 500GB Black | WD 1TB Blue | Cooler Master Haf-X | Corsair AX1200 | Dell 2412m | Ducky Shine 3 | Logitech G13 | Sennheiser HD598 | Mionix Naos 8200 |

Quote Originally Posted by TaintedOne View Post
    non epic version of the naga and the g600 can be found for about the same price in the US. It comes down to which one is on sale at the moment.

What I have suspected for some time now from the "my naga stopped working after 2 weeks" threads. You can't hit your mouse with a baseball bat and expect it to live.
    Well, the one i thew into the wall lasted me for over a year with no problems. mutiple drops from chest hight etc. The new one, never EVER got dropped, hit or thrown and it isn't working correctly.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Terahertz View Post
    I would recommend the mouse for people who play druid, hunter, rogue and DKs. I've used all of my buttons except 5 buttons on my naga because I'm reserving them for arena1,2,3 CC macros. Currently got my shapeshift forms on 1,2,3, arena targetting on 4,5 and 6 which helps tremendously with my keybinds on my keyboard. Heck, mop druid gameplay made me (for competitive arena pvp) have to use the ctrl-modifier which I didn't use in the past at all.
    If you really want to be hardcore about WoW, a Nostromo is the best thing you can get. It has a learning curve and it'll require some additional desk real estate, but it will dramatically improve your reaction times and overall gameplay, especially in PvP (where you'll need dozens of macros at your fingertips constantly.)
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/PizzaSHARK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.
    Quote Originally Posted by SUH View Post
    Crissi the goddess of MMO, if i may. ./bow

Quote Originally Posted by Vinho View Post
    I've asked for the Naga for Christmas, as my signature clearly conveys I play a rogue, and I have so many keyboard binds and shift-modifier macros I want to cry. I'd love to alleviate some of my keybinds to my mouse.
    You will feel like someone loves you having 12 buttons on your thumb. SERIOUSLY LOVED

I have also used both mice. I started using the Naga years ago when it came out. I replaced it 8 times, the braided cord would fail over and over with the longest lived mouse lasting about 14months, the 2year warranty at Best Buy was mandatory for these shoddily constructed mice.

When the g600 came out it was only a matter of time before i picked it up. At first i hated it with its odd shaped slopped buttons, but after a week or two i found it to be much more comfortable and grew fond of the 2 hub design. I have had it about 3 months now w/o issues, and my favorite feature that the g600 has over the naga is its extremely useful 3rd mouse button (ring finger) as an extra modifier key that when pressed will change the function of all the other mouse functions, giving it twice the potential key-binds the naga has.

Over all, I would recommend the g600 over the naga any day at this point.

Deleted
    3: There seems to be a button for your ring finger, on what is the rest for the finger on the naga. Im not yet sure what it does, but i keep clicking it when in combat, and its annoying.
    It's supposed to emulate or generate an independant modifier key for macros.

Quote Originally Posted by Hexa View Post
    It's supposed to emulate or generate an independant modifier key for macros.
    It is just another button, all the buttons on the G600 can be modifier keys. The "G-Shift" button has a ton of possible uses as well as a ton of practical uses, but no use what so ever if not binded.

What about use with Healbot?

Hello All! I use Healbot in WoW. There, I bind a mouse click, plus a modifier key such as Alt, to an action - but the action includes position (clicking on a toon's bar to cast a heal). I'd like to simplify that using an MMO mouse, so that modifier keys would be unnecessary. Instead, I would just click on a toon's bar, using one of the mouse's extra buttons. Can this be done? Would it just be a matter of binding a mouse key to Alt, one to Ctrl, etc?

Thanks,

Alynndarris

Quote Originally Posted by Alynndarris View Post
    Hello All! I use Healbot in WoW. There, I bind a mouse click, plus a modifier key such as Alt, to an action - but the action includes position (clicking on a toon's bar to cast a heal). I'd like to simplify that using an MMO mouse, so that modifier keys would be unnecessary. Instead, I would just click on a toon's bar, using one of the mouse's extra buttons. Can this be done? Would it just be a matter of binding a mouse key to Alt, one to Ctrl, etc?

Thanks,

Alynndarris
    It would be severely redundant to use healbot w/ something like a logitech g600 or razer naga. It would be much wiser to bind keys to the number pad and use mouseover macros than using a crazy setup of heals on healbot binded to keys to be binded to keys on your mouse.

Quote Originally Posted by Catanowplx View Post
    My current has trouble with double clicking on a single click. (Taking #1 into account this is really bad)
    Easy Fix
    http://www.amazon.com/CRC-05103-Quic...tronic+cleaner
    $5-$10 depending on where you buy it. I think the componet they use for their switch contact is garbage. I had a MS Wireless mouse that was still usable with no problems until a coworker physically smashed it.

My Razer Naga typically last around 9mo-1.5years before developing clicking problems. Get it replaced while it's under warranty so you might as well have a new, and clean unit. Once it's out of warranty, carefully peel off the feet of the mouse, be careful not to touch the adhesive or get it dirty. Remove mouse screws. Find the contact switch, and press it using the nozzle straw while you spray. Keep pressing it a few more times as it dries out. For good measure I spray down everything else inside. let it air dry, reassemble. Good as new.

Oh and if someone chose the higher end Naga Epic, the grip is interchangable allowing you to have the original grip, a more claw style grip, or a wider palm grip to rest your pinky as well. It still build's up oil and dirt as you mentioned, but it's held in place by magnets so easy to pop off and clean.

Deleted
    I have a Logitech G600 and with regards to cleaning; I know I should wipe it down now and again but it's something you kinda have to put in your calender cos it just simply doesn't take to dirt and finger sweat at all. Nothing like my Blackwidow keyboard. That thing just looks disgusting moments after you have cleaned it. lol The ring finger button or the G-shift button as they call it is a out the box just a button to hold down while you press your thumb buttons to give you even more buttons. I personally just use it as a normal button. You can set all that up in your profiles. I also have the sideways movement of the scroll button as an extra strife, that's sooo handy!

I don't agree with the "big hands" assessment for the Naga.

I'm a big guy (6 foot 5) with really big hands. I have no issues accessing all of the buttons on my Naga. Could they move them up a bit? Sure, but it's not really that bad where they are.
    There is a thin line between not knowing and not caring, and I like to think that I walk that line every day.