Deleted

Trion Guts Fishing Bots.

As you may or may not know, since the release of Storm legion there has been an increase of people using Botting software and scripts (like Autolt) to exploit the fishing profession. It has been obvious to most players that fishing has been exploited by looking at the auction house and the leader-boards.
    Trion hopes to stomp out these exploiters by removing one of the features of the profession, the in-chat notification "Reel it in" has been removed, in an attempt to stop scripting software using it.

http://www.google.co.uk/imgres?um=1&...kjYGICQ&zoom=1

Hopefully this puts the fish grabbers to rest.

On the topic of the fishing profession, A recent hotfix saw this "* Reduced the faction boost granted from rare fish turn-ins in Storm Legion." which has lead players scratching their heads and asking, "Are you punishing me for not Fishbotting?"
    Last edited by mmoc135db6b2b5; 2012-11-29 at 09:47 PM.

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    *couldn't care less*

I guess it's good, since I wasn't/never have been/never will be a botter type, but, idk, it just wasn't hurting me. /shrug
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

People need to stop acting like Trion is retarded. If we can see it on the leader boards just imagine the data that Trion has. I bet pretty soon SO will be taking a week break to replace some members who pulled just amazing numbers on the leader boards for fishing.

Few other guilds have been guilty of this also, but SO's name got thrown out there alot recently.

10+ Year Old Account
    Give a man a bot and he will fish for a day. Teach a man to bot and he will fish forever!

That made no sense. Sorry. =(

Yay to anti-bot tactics, boo to decreased faction turn in gains.

What's really awesome here is that Trion is willing to stomp on this type of thing and not act like it doesn't exists. Hey, we see a problem, want to try and cheat our game, well guess what we're not those other guys we care and we're going to find you and put a stop to it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Puremallace View Post
    People need to stop acting like Trion is retarded. If we can see it on the leader boards just imagine the data that Trion has. I bet pretty soon SO will be taking a week break to replace some members who pulled just amazing numbers on the leader boards for fishing.

Few other guilds have been guilty of this also, but SO's name got thrown out there alot recently.
    I suppose this could be true, but do you remember the 1.9 fiasco that was conquest?

Quote Originally Posted by Nykolas View Post
    I suppose this could be true, but do you remember the 1.9 fiasco that was conquest?
    There were alot of bans and account reversals that never went public. If you exploited would you bitch on the forums?

Deleted
    There were alot of bans and account reversals that never went public. If you exploited would you bitch on the forums?
    I suppose not! but if they never went public how would we know anyone actually got banned o_O ?

Deleted
    That's good they're doing something to get rid of these bots. As for the rare fish, I don't really see the problem, what, is it required to get all the fish? Is that faction a super faction without which you can't progress in the actual game? I kind of doubt it. If people don't like to fish... they shouldn't. It's that easy!

Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    *couldn't care less*

I guess it's good, since I wasn't/never have been/never will be a botter type, but, idk, it just wasn't hurting me. /shrug
    You couldn't care less because it's not affecting you... typical, no wonder our world is going to shit, so many care about themselves alone and screw the others.

I suppose not! but if they never went public how would we know anyone actually got banned o_O ?
    Policy change?!? I got no idea. All I know is people just vanish or their gear just vanishes. Maybe they figure it is shit PR either way and to keep from having it blow up everything is on the down low now.

Deleted
    Policy change?!? I got no idea. All I know is people just vanish or their gear just vanishes. Maybe they figure it is shit PR either way and to keep from having it blow up everything is on the down low now.
    I agree with all points made

---------- Post added 2012-11-29 at 10:10 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    *couldn't care less*

I couldn't care less about pvp in RIFT, but if it did have a serious botting problem (which it does not) i would like to see it fixed, purely because some people like to pvp in RIFT. I actually don't even know where to begin on how to actually bot and even if i did i wouldn't risk it.

That wasn't exploiting. They were simply playing the game the way it was intended, killing the other team. The rewards were just over done.

And no, people weren't banned for playing the game as it was intended. I don't know where you get this stuff.
    The Art of War- FT 4/4 EE 4/5
    R80

ye too much other shit going on right now

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arnorei View Post
    You couldn't care less because it's not affecting you... typical, no wonder our world is going to shit, so many care about themselves alone and screw the others.
    Quite an ignorant view. You are delusional when you cannot see how botting affects in-game economies. It affects me when someone can bot for 48 hours at one time and not stop fishing and absolutely destroy the market.

I care for other people and botting is a way to make one of the various things in a game unfair to those who do not bot. If you bot, then good for you. I think all bots should be banned the same way hacking should be (GCD breaking in WoW Arena). You may say they are completely different -- and they are -- but it makes the game unfair for others who play honestly.

So yes, botting DOES affect me.

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arnorei View Post
    No, I couldn't care less because fishing just isn't as pivotal. I guess I worded for the extreme yesterday, I suppose I am affected by it, but it's such a menial effect, I can't be arsed to waste my time feeling ill about it.

One must go through life and choose the things they worry over, fishing in a bloody game? I'm sorry, if that makes you worry and stress out, then I cannot imagine how you handle financial crises, or a death in the family, or the like. I choose to see Rift as a GAAAAAAAAMMMMME. A game in which I should not stress over. Does it suck some people are/were getting an edge, however minimal it may be? Yeah. Is it something to throw a fit over? No.
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

Quote Originally Posted by Rajadog20 View Post

And no, people weren't banned for playing the game as it was intended. I don't know where you get this stuff.
    Yes clearly the people who farmed an exploit got no punishment. Let me know this imaginary world you are living in.

http://forums.riftgame.com/official-...ded-trion.html
    http://forums.riftgame.com/official-...ded-trion.html

Whether there were individual players punished for getting excessive rewards or not after the conquest-farming issue, I do not know. The posts above confirm that there was in fact no rollback for the majority of players who benefited from it. That being said, I expect the conquest-farming was a primary reason behind why they essentially eliminated grinding through ranks 1-50 for storm legion. I'm glad the fishing bots issue is being addressed promptly however, as botters really just lower the fun for everyone (Diablo 3 being the perfect example of botting killing the game).

On the topic of the fishing profession, A recent hotfix saw this "* Reduced the faction boost granted from rare fish turn-ins in Storm Legion." which has lead players scratching their heads and asking, "Are you punishing me for not Fishbotting?"
    That's what I though as well, really made no sense unless they attached an announcement about banning botters and reversing rep gains.