Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ...
7
8
9
10
11
LastLast
  1. #161
    Quote Originally Posted by Nemesis003 View Post
    if you clicked "more help" and said "thanks for the formed response but i would like to talk to a real person" within 2 minutes you talk to a GM supervisor because they are not supposed to send those things out.

    The GM have to answer so many tickets and hour and things like someone claiming something is broken they ignore more often then not so they just auto reply. I know a guy that works as a GM in their Austin office, its not being pessimistic its being informed about what hey do.

    If you think they actually read every ticket then i feel for you, but do you really think they have someone sit down and deal with all the tickets of some kid reporting someone for saying fuck in a BG or trade chat??? You have to march the tiket up several ladders before someone with any link to the actual programmers sees it. The people you talk too as a "GM" are nothing but office rats punching a clock keeping up uotas most don't give a damn about their job and the majority don't even play the game. They are no different then calling tech support for your ISP or something.

    Sorry if i shattered your reality of blizzard but until they get a sea of tickets all saying the same thing they won't even notice it. Even then they won't admit its broken. Case and point Stampede during beta and even after live, it had to have a major effect on PvP for them to notice then they had to pretend they "found" the issue when tons of people reported it. That is because most of the reports were ignored, it wasn't until prolific players were talking about it on websites and pod casts that they "realized" the bug was there. Blizzard thinks their community is stupid, they don't think they will figure stuff out even though they get proved wrong time and timer again.
    The thing is that you didn't shatter my reality of blizzard. I didn't report some nonsense thing. I still don't see why you have such a bad outlook on Blizzard's customer service.

    Again man, I don't see why you have to say that...

  2. #162
    Moderator
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Brawl Pub
    Posts
    4,084
    Definitely wasn't fixed as of tonight. Still killed H-Will with it, but my burst was lower than needed. We had to juggle some peoples to make it work.

  3. #163
    Quote Originally Posted by Tehstool View Post
    The thing is that you didn't shatter my reality of blizzard. I didn't report some nonsense thing. I still don't see why you have such a bad outlook on Blizzard's customer service.

    Again man, I don't see why you have to say that...
    its the realistic look at their CS... you just can't see it.

  4. #164
    Quote Originally Posted by Nemesis003 View Post
    its the realistic look at their CS... you just can't see it.
    K whatever you say you are always right.

  5. #165
    So an aoe nerf and a single target buff eh?

    I can dig it.

  6. #166
    Quote Originally Posted by gulder View Post
    So an aoe nerf and a single target buff eh?

    I can dig it.
    Once ISS does the correct damage we should do better. I see myself doing less AOE burst but higher AOE in the long term.

    20k ticks, 5 ticks, ~100k. 15% ISS should be roughly 15k hits from the ability, I see myself doing roughly 7-8k hits. All unbuffed.
    Omnipotent WCL || Omnipotent Site || Stream: 5-9pm PST Tues/Wed/Thurs || Worst Btag Ever: Slenderman#1355

  7. #167
    Quote Originally Posted by jeremypwnz View Post
    i see myself doing less aoe burst
    How will i top dps on trash now ;_;

    Gah I can't post in all caps *shakes fist at auto-decapitalization system*

  8. #168
    Quote Originally Posted by gulder View Post
    How will i top dps on trash now ;_;

    Gah I can't post in all caps *shakes fist at auto-decapitalization system*
    There's fights where this ISS damage bug is very detrimental, it's not just trash.

  9. #169
    Honestly, I can see it being intentional. Remember that while we do less initial burst now, the sustained aoe is... Extremely much stronger than it was before. Our AOE over a +15 second period should be stronger, even with the ISS bug, than it was before. You're just not seeing the big bursty numbers at the start anymore.

  10. #170
    Echoing what Draco said (no pun intended), our sustained AOE/multi-dotting capability seems to be very good now. I got pulled into my guild's heroic Amber-Shaper attempts last night because two people DC'd and I was quite pleased at the numbers I was putting out. You could say that it is inflated dps in a way (and I wouldn't disagree with you), but the strat we use involved dotting up all of the amber adds. Here are the logs from last night. You can look on try 13 and beyond to see the pulls that I was in for. Some pulls were early wipes due to construct interrupt failure but the point is just to show the improved damage of serpent sting.


    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/cio52yjxmsyrsjmg/

  11. #171
    Quote Originally Posted by ihatepeople View Post
    Echoing what Draco said (no pun intended), our sustained AOE/multi-dotting capability seems to be very good now. I got pulled into my guild's heroic Amber-Shaper attempts last night because two people DC'd and I was quite pleased at the numbers I was putting out. You could say that it is inflated dps in a way (and I wouldn't disagree with you), but the strat we use involved dotting up all of the amber adds. Here are the logs from last night. You can look on try 13 and beyond to see the pulls that I was in for. Some pulls were early wipes due to construct interrupt failure but the point is just to show the improved damage of serpent sting.


    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/cio52yjxmsyrsjmg/
    My numbers are far lower (about 100K dps or so), but what tactic do you guys use on the boss/monstrosity? I think we may be approaching it much differently. We're spending alot of extra time in P1, where we stack debuffs on the boss, then leave a person in the construct and push the boss over into P2 - keep stacking debuffs on the boss so it has 60-70 stacks when we finish P2. It means we have a shitton of ambers up for the first minute or two in P2, and I have to just fulltime dps them (as a comparison, you did 4.2M dmg on a 5:30 attempt, I did 10.5M on a 5:44 attempt).
    Guessing you just hit the boss over, and do the fight "normally" without trying to stack debuffs?

  12. #172
    Quote Originally Posted by Dracodraco View Post
    My numbers are far lower (about 100K dps or so), but what tactic do you guys use on the boss/monstrosity? I think we may be approaching it much differently. We're spending alot of extra time in P1, where we stack debuffs on the boss, then leave a person in the construct and push the boss over into P2 - keep stacking debuffs on the boss so it has 60-70 stacks when we finish P2. It means we have a shitton of ambers up for the first minute or two in P2, and I have to just fulltime dps them (as a comparison, you did 4.2M dmg on a 5:30 attempt, I did 10.5M on a 5:44 attempt).
    Guessing you just hit the boss over, and do the fight "normally" without trying to stack debuffs?

    Yea we don't put nearly that many stacks on him in P1 and we push him over pretty quickly. We try to do the majority of our stack stacking in P2 for the most part. However, we got into P3 a few times last night and noticed that the lack of stacks was a bit of a hindrance. Taking that into consideration, we will probably end up adjusting the strat tonight to prolong P1 a bit more. I think our strat will move in the direction that your guild is handling it, but who knows.

  13. #173
    Quote Originally Posted by Aertea View Post
    For my numbers, as Survival, this looks to be ... humongous AE buff (where we were already incredibly good anyway).
    Being worse than 11 other DPS specs / 9 classes doesnt exactly sound like ´Incredibly Good´ to me

    source:
    http://raidbots.com/dpsbot/Wind_Lord...default/#7fvnh - Meljarak normal, top 100 parses, median, last week
    http://raidbots.com/dpsbot/Wind_Lord...default/#7fvnh - Meljarak normal, all parses, median, last week

  14. #174
    ISS seems to be fixed on europe servers, hitting for arround 15k on dummies, yesterday on Windlord my average ISS non crits were 9k.

  15. #175
    Quote Originally Posted by Deepfriedegg View Post
    Being worse than 11 other DPS specs / 9 classes doesnt exactly sound like ´Incredibly Good´ to me

    source:
    http://raidbots.com/dpsbot/Wind_Lord...default/#7fvnh - Meljarak normal, top 100 parses, median, last week
    http://raidbots.com/dpsbot/Wind_Lord...default/#7fvnh - Meljarak normal, all parses, median, last week
    Did I say we did incredibly well on Wind Lord? Or did I say we did incredibly well on AE?

    To me those sound like two completely different statements. Wind Lord is at most a 5-6 target fight. Pretty much every classes AE is designed to work around that number of targets before it begins to suffer diminishing returns. Only a few class mechanics are exempt from this, Survival being one of them. Our AE is "incredibly good" because it scales linerarly with the number of targets, while most classes do not.

    It's unfortunate, but Wind Lord was designed right at the point before that scaling would have taken over pre-patch. However the buffs to SrS and the nerfs to fire will likely put us near the top on this fight now.

  16. #176
    Quote Originally Posted by Aertea View Post
    Did I say we did incredibly well on Wind Lord? Or did I say we did incredibly well on AE?
    Wind Lord is at most a 5-6 target fight. .
    Wind Lord cannot be 5 target, you can only CC 4 adds at most. Then it would be 6 targets for the span of more than 3 minutes. Even though more efficient strategies have less adds CCed, probably 8 targets being the most optimal. Yes, adds die but optimally all groups should die within a matter of seconds

  17. #177
    Immortal Polarthief's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    (USA) Florida
    Posts
    7,722
    Quote Originally Posted by Nemesis003 View Post
    its another band aid fix without actually addressing the problems of the class
    Hey, join the club!


    *Look vvv to see what class I'm referring to*

  18. #178
    Quote Originally Posted by Deepfriedegg View Post
    Wind Lord cannot be 5 target, you can only CC 4 adds at most. Then it would be 6 targets for the span of more than 3 minutes. Even though more efficient strategies have less adds CCed, probably 8 targets being the most optimal. Yes, adds die but optimally all groups should die within a matter of seconds
    I fail to see how this impacts my statement.

  19. #179
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragon9870 View Post
    Hey, join the club!


    *Look vvv to see what class I'm referring to*
    Right, because being on top of the meter for the vast majority of the raid content with little contest was a huge problem of the class. Fire needed a nerf, whether it was overboard or not is the question - Blizzard does have a tendency to go overboard with balance in pretty much every adjustment that they do, so it's entirely possible. Not to mention sims are now putting Arcane on top, so fire gets knocked off to just be replaced by another mage spec. Don't act like you're so terribly overlooked.

  20. #180
    The Lightbringer Tehterokkar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    3,610
    Serpent sting buff really helped to score epic DPS on Will of the Emperor(25N) today.

    Ranked #1 as SV with a difference of 13k to next. SrS was 34% of total damage done :P

    http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-2p...=12435&e=12918

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •