Page 1 of 3
1
2
3
LastLast
  1. #1

    Lets have all CC share DR's

    Lots of people unhappy with the CC going out right now, then again some people might be happy the way it is. If all CC shared a DR starting tomorrow, what would become broken (if any) and what would be fixed (if any)? What would need to change as a result? Let's try and have a decent discussion about this, old fashioned pros and cons.

  2. #2
    Pros : Elemental shamans can live again.
    Cons : I think a lot of things would turn useless. Rogues would have less control, mages would have less control, etc... The general idea of CC and their DR is to control one person keeping you locked out for a long period of time (8, 4, 2, 1... adds up to 15 seconds if you can't trinket and are not dispelled). The problem is right now with 2-3 different classes attacking you, there is no way you can escape the way others can and some classes cannot stand against them.

  3. #3
    Mechagnome Rec's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    699
    This would require a massive overhaul of PvP. It would be a complete mess. What would we gain in making that change? Less coordination between teammates, longer games?

  4. #4
    if all CC shared a DR... stuns would reign supreme and take priority over anything. At least snares and silences have a place...

  5. #5
    No. Horrible idea. The wide variety of CC is what makes the game fun and dynamic. Makeing everything the same is whats ruining wow.

    Stop suggesting bad thing you bad person!

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Rec View Post
    This would require a massive overhaul of PvP. It would be a complete mess. What would we gain in making that change? Less coordination between teammates, longer games?
    PvP as a whole necessitates an overhaul right now. Gotta start somewhere.

    ---------- Post added 2012-12-01 at 07:46 AM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by saltyharbls View Post
    No. Horrible idea. The wide variety of CC is what makes the game fun and dynamic. Makeing everything the same is whats ruining wow.

    Stop suggesting bad thing you bad person!
    This "wide variety of CC" (that everyone is getting) is one of the many ways in which the game is becoming homogenized so I think you're just arguing with yourself.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-860 @2.8GHz | Radeon HD 7770 | 8GB DDR3-1333MHz | Corsair CX 430W |

  7. #7
    High Overlord
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Under your bed
    Posts
    149
    It doesnt need to share a DR, there just needs to be less of it, or atleast some cost. Rogues can CC a lot, but at the cost of huge dps loss on their part, not many other classes have a down side to their control.
    Why is there no "Demonhunter" hero class yet? He was only the coolest hero in WC3. Get busy Blizzard.

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Taoforums View Post
    mages would have less control

    This is a CON????

  9. #9
    Seeing stuns on one DR, and then any kind of fear/confuse/incapacitate on another would be a good start.

    It's pretty old fighting something like lock mage druid, and you sit in a cc 90% of the time between fear, cyclone, and polymorph (if you don't get global'd by chaos wave/frost bomb first).

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Flaks View Post
    This "wide variety of CC" (that everyone is getting) is one of the many ways in which the game is becoming homogenized so I think you're just arguing with yourself.
    Not at all. Im saying that i prefer classes having different kinds of ccs because if everyone had 1 cc that all shared the same DR it would be VERY boring VERY fast.

    The dynamic gameplay of all kinds of ccs throwed around is a big part of the fun in pvp imo.

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by saltyharbls View Post
    The dynamic gameplay of all kinds of ccs throwed around is a big part of the frustration in pvp imo.
    Fixed that for you :P

  12. #12
    Anyone played SWTOR? What the OP suggested is more or less what SWTOR did:
    All CC will fill a meter called Resolve. Some types of CC will fill the meter more quickly than others (like stuns). Once the Resolve meter is filled, the player will be immune to CC for a brief period of time.

    Would this make the game more balanced? I don't know. I go to SWTOR PVP forums and there's the same amount of whining about CC and class imbalance as these forums do.

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by corebit View Post
    Anyone played SWTOR? What the OP suggested is more or less what SWTOR did:
    All CC will fill a meter called Resolve. Some types of CC will fill the meter more quickly than others (like stuns). Once the Resolve meter is filled, the player will be immune to CC for a brief period of time.
    PVP in SWTOR is probably the worst pvp in any MMO ever made. No thanks!

  14. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by saltyharbls View Post
    No. Horrible idea. The wide variety of CC is what makes the game fun and dynamic. Makeing everything the same is whats ruining wow.

    Stop suggesting bad thing you bad person!
    Lol jk 8 sec poly 6 fear 6 silence 3 stun

  15. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by masteryuri View Post
    Lol jk 8 sec poly 6 fear 6 silence 3 stun
    What are your partners doing all this time? Standing AFK?

  16. #16
    No, the problem is burst in those moments where you are cc'd or locked out of doing anything meaningful on your character and a huge disparity in what you can do in those moments between specs and classes, or even any passives they get to help them deal with it.

    Control is fine, but players need time to react and they also need ways that ensure they work as a team to peel off healers etc.
    Fly fast, stay low, hit hard.
    You'd think the 8th Anniversary was the Cheese Anniversary to go with all the whine.
    - madethisfor1post

    Ravenholdt EU - Nice Toons: Frazzlebeard, Menardis, Plight - Less So: Slîght

  17. #17
    Reduce burst and CC chains become more managable again, no need to change a massive part of PVP. Resilience affecting crits would help the situation.
    Stormscale Horde EU | http://lastrogue.com

  18. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by corebit View Post
    Would this make the game more balanced? I don't know. I go to SWTOR PVP forums and there's the same amount of whining about CC and class imbalance as these forums do.
    That is mainly because Resolve has never, and probably will never, work properly....But it's not a great system anyway for WoW, as class design has been put in place for class's needing to CC, where as in TOR not so much

  19. #19
    only cc changes that are needed is the massive amount of instant spam cc's that are currently in game, cc isn't a problem when you can perma cc someone with instant casts that is where the problem is.
    Stormspellz -mugthol
    Battletag - Stormz#1438

  20. #20
    I absolutely hate CC chains and kind of wish they all did share dr, but if they did then I think burst would have to increase or healers could indefinitely keep someone up. And more burst isn't going to make anything better.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •