Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Combatbulter View Post
    It makes them two different factions, but they are still the very same people, all that separates them is their chosen name.There was a somewhat similar situation between east and west Germany. Which means they have the exact same history until ca 8-10 years ago.
    No, that's not all. One was sucking on Demon energy for how many years. We've seen that extended uses of Fel energy changes people, and not just the drastic change like regular to Wretched or Felblood Elves.

Though, are there still any uncorupted high elves out there? Sort of like how, lore wise, there aren't any other black dragons except for Wrathion.
    ...the entire Silver Covenant or the other High Elves in the Alliance...?

They are not the same people. Do we need to define "same," really? Alright then:

Quote Originally Posted by Merriam-Webster
    a : resembling in every relevant respect
    b : conforming in every respect —used with as

2a : being one without addition, change, or discontinuance : identical
    b : being the one under discussion or already referred to

3: corresponding so closely as to be indistinguishable
    They are not the same lol.
    Last edited by KrazyK923; 2012-12-01 at 04:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by KrazyK923 View Post
    No, that's not all. One was sucking on Demon energy for how many years. We've seen that extended uses of Fel energy changes people, and not just the drastic change like regular to Wretched or Felblood Elves.
    Blizzard themselves said they are still the very same race, there is no difference except for their political view. Is that really so hard to understand?

Oh look, Salandrin trying to spark another "side" war :P

Sorry if this is offtopic
    Warriors in PvP are like small hyperactive children in a candy shop made of bouncy castle.

Blizzard themselves said they are still the very same race, there is no difference except for their political view. Is that really so hard to understand?
    Where did they say this at? Because they actually specifically say that Blood Elves suffer from corruption like the Orcs do. And Brown Orcs and Green Orcs are assuredly considered different. Perhaps not drastically, but they are not the same. Want the proof? Here you go:

Quote Originally Posted by Blizzard
    Q: Why do blood elves still have green eyes?

A: Corruption from fel energies takes a long time to wear off. It's why most orcs are still green even though Mannoroth is dead.
    Source

Or:

Quote Originally Posted by Blizzard
    Q: How did the blood elven fel eye glint become so widespread? The Warcraft Encyclopedia suggests that Rommath only taught the blood elves of Azeroth about how to siphon arcane magic, as most of the populace would likely be "horrified" if they knew the true extent of Kael’s dealings with Illidan.

A: The situation regarding blood elf eyes is, in fact, extremely similar to that of the green skin of orcs: just being around heavy use of fel magic turned the eyes of the blood elves green. You could be the most pious of priests or most outdoorsy of Farstriders, chances are, if you were a high elf in Quel’Thalas or Outland following the Third War, you were around fel energies, and your eyes would turn green. Like the orcs’ skin color, such an effect would take a very long time to wear off. Fel magic works a bit like radiation in this sense; it permeates the area and seeps into anything in the vicinity. Anything near a source of fel magic shows signs of slight corruption, it just so happens that high elves and orcs manifest it in a very visual way.
    Source

If anything, that answer from the 2nd "Ask a CDev" is further proof of why the High Elves who weren't in Quel'thalas when it fell would stay away. And it has nothing to do with them somehow not caring that their entire people were nearly destroyed.

They are different. Its not super drastic. But they are different. How they (used to) deal with their magic withdrawal when the Sunwell was gone was different. The faction they chose was different. Their philosophy was different. They were not the same. Even if they were identical physiologically (Which they are not), they are still different. We don't lump all Humans in the real world into same categories. Americans are different from the French who are different from Japanese. Do we really have to clarify that?

Corruption = a change = not the same = different.

If you're going to try and play semantics using the word "Race" then I'm not going to keep going in circles when the goalpost keeps being moved.
    Last edited by KrazyK923; 2012-12-01 at 04:53 PM.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by redwitchy View Post
    Oh look, Salandrin trying to spark another "side" war :P

Sorry if this is offtopic
    My side is right and everyone else is wrong
    Our side is right and their side is wrong

Thus how we get wars
    We have faced trials and danger, threats to our world and our way of life. And yet, we persevere. We are the Horde. We will not let anything break our spirits!"

Where did they say this at? Because they actually specifically say that Blood Elves suffer from corruption like the Orcs do. And Brown Orcs and Green Orcs are assuredly considered different. Perhaps not drastically, but they are not the same. Want the proof? Here you go:

Source

Or:

Source
    Are green orcs a different race than the mag'har? I dare say they are not they may be green but the difference end there.

I have my information from the warcraft encyclopedia, or what is left of it. http://www.wowpedia.org/The_Warcraft...nd_Blood_Elves

High elves and blood elves are physiologically the same race, and they are descended from night elves. Nevertheless, due to their shared history and philosophical differences, the three groups do not share a close relationship. Indeed, night elves regard high elves and blood elves with suspicion, disgust, or outright hostility.

High elves and blood elves are physiologically the same race, and they are descended from night elves. Nevertheless, due to their shared history and philosophical differences, the three groups do not share a close relationship. Indeed, night elves regard high elves and blood elves with suspicion, disgust, or outright hostility.
    Do we know that Brown and Green orcs are physiologically the same? Its never been specified. Same with the Elves.

But, I called it in my last post. Using "race" is irrelevant, they still are not the same people.

The fact that you're choosing one qualification of unspecified lore to say they are shows me either some kind of factional bias leaking through or just deliberate filling in the blanks with opinion to try and prove yourself right.

Are they the same race? I don't know. You keep saying Blizzard has said they are, and link to an encyclopedia that they did not continue onto future versions of the site. They retcon small things all the time.

But, I'm not even arguing that they are or are not the same race. I'm arguing that they are different. There are non-racial things to blatantly show this.
    Last edited by KrazyK923; 2012-12-01 at 04:57 PM.

Do we know that Brown and Green orcs are physiologically the same? Its never been specified. Same with the High Elves.
    That is the actual quote from the blizzard encyclopedia, which says the elves are the same race and I won't budge from this position unless blizzard declares it non canon.

That is the actual quote from the blizzard encyclopedia, which says the elves are the same race and I won't budge from this position unless blizzard declares it non canon.
    Quote Originally Posted by Necroxis
    ...and link to an encyclopedia that they did not continue onto future versions of the site. They retcon small things all the time.
    Once again, not just talking about Race here.

I'm done trying to convince you, though. I don't really care that much if you can't see the difference between "same" and "different" while you try to keep moving the goal post to be only about Race, which it isn't.

Deleted
    We don't lump all Humans in the real world into same categories. Americans are different from the French who are different from Japanese. Do we really have to clarify that?
    you're arguing a very silly point here. Does a difference of skin color mean you don't belong to the human race?

hell, the Blizz quote you linked flat out says that high elves visualize a fel intake with green eyes. Green eyes is the high elven body's natural reaction to it. Its an outside force giving a pretty minor and temporary (if long lasting) effect on the high elven physique. That doesnt stop them being, biologically, high elves.

Once again, not just talking about Race here.

I'm done trying to convince you, though. I don't really care that much if you can't see my the obviousness of the word "same" and "different."
    High elves and blood elves are physiologically the same race, their mentality might be different, but that does not change their race!

If you want to make high elves special snowflakes by all means do, but that doesn't make it actually true, unless blizzard changes the lore in that part they are the same and end of story. It is worded in a way that there is literally no way left for any argument saying they are a different race.

It is worded in a way that there is literally no way left for any argument saying they are a different race.
    Except Demonic Corruption being shown to create physiological changes.

Once again, still not just about Race.
    Last edited by KrazyK923; 2012-12-01 at 05:05 PM.

Except Demonic Corruption being shown to create physiological changes.

Once again, still not just about Race.

See ya.
    Still blizzards word against yours, have fun in your bubble ;P

That's contradicting itself lol.

But I see you just ignore the rest of my argument about non-racial factors.

Clearly, Blood Elves and High Elves are identical.

Clearly, Blood Elves and High Elves are identical.
    Besides for their mentality, yes they are.

Let Vereesa camp for a few weeks close to a fel corrupted area and she will have the same eye glint.

LOL.

Ya know, that tiny thing like difference in philosophy. IDENTICAL!

Alright, well now I know I can stop with you.

LOL.

Alright, well now I know I can stop with you.
    Can you actually bring out something that proves your standpoint? Felblood elves are a different race, but blood elves? No

And since you argue that blood elves mentality might have been change by the slight fel exposure I can make a counter argument for those high elves who refuse to sate their addiction at all.

Such a low rate of attrition might be considered an argument in favor of simply forgoing magic and suffering through the consequences. Indeed, a few high elves are said to have succeeded in taking this route through sheer willpower: they survived the process, however unpleasant. Apparently certain magical artifacts also ameliorate the symptoms of withdrawal and might, if sufficiently powerful, be able to suppress them altogether.

This is not to say, however, that withdrawal from magic would leave the high elves unharmed. On the contrary, permanent mental or physical damage is possible.
    Last edited by Combatbutler; 2012-12-01 at 05:14 PM.

And since you argue that blood elves mentality might have been change by the slight fel exposure
    Never made this argument. Anywhere.

High elves and blood elves are still of the same race AND ethnicity. Just different political opinion.

Like you quoted from the blues, the fel taints are merely temporary, and will wear off given time just like hair dyes. Once a couple hundred years have passed and the fel taints gone, they'll be no more different than the humans of Stormwind vs Stromgarde.
    Last edited by cywang86; 2012-12-01 at 05:30 PM.

Deleted
    Well, If I'm a Blood Elf and suddenly I see the leader of our entire faction only looking for the agenda of his own and by doing so sacrificing many things, including spilling the blood of my own people instead of also his, I would ofcourse try to search for other allies.

Garrosh right now is concerned about Domination and that ORCS, only ORCS reign over everything else. He does not care at all about any other race of the Horde, only cares about himself actually and those who are loyal to him, which are many orcs, but not all.