Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Constellation View Post
    no he's not. He's analysing both sides and the only way to do that is to appear pure. Remember your toons, storywise, don't have the ability to see things from a birdseye view. He is analysing what the Horde is fighting for and what the Alliance is fighting for. He's going to understand if fully in the end, and make his judgement on the matter... We'll see what that is going to be.
    But yes, he is.

Our character's may not be able to see a bird's eye view from but were privy to more than that.

It's true that he's analysing both sides but he's still manipulating and playing them off one another. He says he's firmly behind whatever faction you turn up as then sends you off to kill a bunch of the opposing side.

He's weeding out the weak.

Quote Originally Posted by Bokor View Post
    But yes, he is.

Our character's may not be able to see a bird's eye view from but were privy to more than that.

It's true that he's analysing both sides but he's still manipulating and playing them off one another. He says he's firmly behind whatever faction you turn up as then sends you off to kill a bunch of the opposing side.

Lorewise, you're the only hero he's paying attention to. You're confusing a necessity of game mechanics with the story.

Quote Originally Posted by Shink View Post
    i agree but....illidan did everything for everyone else, he takes the meaning of "pathway to hell is paved with good intentions", wrath shows no signs of that kind of feeling, he'll corrupt quickly, especially being the only dragon(aspect) with his powers still intact
    Not true.

Illidan was a Magic Addict, he did everything to feed his own addiction of magic and might.

He tried to be Hero for sure, but only if he acquired more power for his own on the way.

"I understand, brother. Lordship over this world was never my aim... only power... only the magic."
    Last edited by Kralljin; 2012-12-01 at 03:35 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    Not true.

Illidan was a Magic Addict, he did everything to feed his own addiction of magic and might.

He tried to be Hero for sure, but only if he acquired more power for his own on the way.

"I understand, brother. Lordship over this world was never my aim... only power... only the magic."
    Agreed.

Wrathion resembles Arthas more than Illidan. Arthas also said that he'll stop at "NOTHING" to defend his people and chase Mal'ganis to the end of the earth. We know how did it finish.

But Wrathion felt the corruption once and fought it (remember, dragons are aware of what's going on around them before they've hatched, and he was corrupted) and it's highly unlikely that he'll allow himself to get corrupted once again.

However there are personal goals...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    Lorewise, you're the only hero he's paying attention to. You're confusing a necessity of game mechanics with the story.
    I thought about that angle. Have blizzard ever stated that though?

It just seems wrong that lorewise he would favour one faction even if it's just a personal story when in the past heroes have always been a group of anonymous do-gooders.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gobblez View Post
    I think Deep down Good old wrathion is good, its just his "nature" which makes him look shady.
    I have to agree with this. I see Wrathion as a good guy, but he looks shady and uses questionable means because of his nature as a black dragon. I think, and really hope, that Blizzard won't pull an Illidan on this guy.
    Cave Cave Deus Videt

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ManjiSanji View Post
    Is it just me, or are his minions appearing in more places?
    nope he is gaining followers...it seems to mounting up slowly to something big...i really hope he will not be the enemy...after all we no longer have the aspects to kill another black dragon gone corrupt

And here I was expecting an analogy about politics.

just because he is a devious manipulator doesn't mean he is corrupted or anything, he is afterall a black dragon and they were devious and manipulating even without their aspect being corrupted, its just in his nature to pull the strings behind the scenes.

Quote Originally Posted by gnlogic View Post
    nope he is gaining followers...it seems to mounting up slowly to something big...i really hope he will not be the enemy...after all we no longer have the aspects to kill another black dragon gone corrupt
    Well, the scene after you get your crystal makes it plenty clear that he is still just a whelp.

Someone posted above how your "hero is the only one that matters in your little world" like.. how many times can hogger be killed?, YOUR player is the one in YOUR world to do it. It could be in YOUR world, your the one hero who matters, and he has been watching you, which is why he supports your efforts. I mean, does Chen and his niece run back to the start of the zone when you first arrive in the valley of the four winds for every person that walks by because everyone is a hero, and the mantid fix the wall really fast for the next person to come up and kill them all?

That being said, there are quests that can be views as quests that everyone needs to help with, the new current dailies are a good example of this. Kill the horde/alliance troops and destroy supplies, that can be seen as a group effort. IT could also be said he is just playing both sides of the field so the one that wins, he can say he supported them all along.

We will have to wait and see how the story turns out, you never know, some NPC -coughs not naming any past incidents -coughs- might come up and take credit for all your hard work like it was his doing all along.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nilinor View Post
    IT could also be said he is just playing both sides of the field so the one that wins, he can say he supported them all along.
    true, but i think it's more that he's trying to influence both sides so he can stop the war as soon as possible, after all if one side calms their tits but the other doesn't then things get very bad very fast.
    Quote Originally Posted by ohshift View Post
    Mess with someone's head enough, you can turn a scared little kid into an all powerful bitch.
    only two things are infinite the universe, and human stupidity,
    and i'm not too sure about the universe -Albert Einstein

I don't trust him his just like his dad... I could never trust the black flight. anywho

I do'nt know how powerful he's *meant* to be but I don't like the fact I can't just kill him and be done with it.

Every time I've gone to him with a quest my skin crawls.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

Quote Originally Posted by Bokor View Post
    But yes, he is.

It's said over and over, he wants to see *what* the Alliance and Horde is fighting for. Him saying he's behind the faction of your player really is irrelevant; my belf paladin isn't being betrayed by Wrathion when he tells my nelf mage he's supporting "my Alliance". There's only "one champion" in this story. He also tells you to stay alive, Im sure you've died plenty of times between then, no? Don't read too deeply into it <.<

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Constellation View Post
    It's said over and over, he wants to see *what* the Alliance and Horde is fighting for. Him saying he's behind the faction of your player really is irrelevant; my belf paladin isn't being betrayed by Wrathion when he tells my nelf mage he's supporting "my Alliance". There's only "one champion" in this story. He also tells you to stay alive, Im sure you've died plenty of times between then, no? Don't read too deeply into it <.<
    Actually it isn't irrelevant or at least we don't know that yet. At the very start of the chain he bemoans the lack of unity Azeroth has and notes that the war has to end. He wants a united Azeroth. This is his main objective. He couldn't care less about which faction is in control so long as they're strong enough to face the threat.

He also says his banner is firmly behind whatever faction you turn up as. I'm sorry but Blizz would never put in a questline where a major lore figure openly favours the faction your'e playing on unless they plan to do some major major phasing that only affects you :P (even if you're supposed to feel like he's chosen just you).

The whole idea of his quest chain is not simply to test your faction but also players. Why bet all your chips on one number? Wrathion doesn't seem like that sort of guy.

Most damning of all is when he says

"Of course, I must ask your discretion regarding what we just talked about.

We wouldn't want to alarm anyone who is, shall we say, less capable than yourself."

Besides even if it was just for gameplay reasons he's still playing the sides off of each other by professing his loyalty to one side, sending their hero to butcher the other side and then acting neutral.

id rather see a 'he was evil all along' storyline with him.

having him corrupted by old gods would be pointless. id rather have him just be evil and power driven. he sees the impending burning legion invasion as a chance for him to rise to power over everyone. wrathion saw how the old gods corruption affected deathwing, and made him insane. he saw that it made him weak. he saw deathwing as his only challenge, so he wanted him gone. wrathion gave us the weapons to dethrone deathwing, clearing the way for him to rise to power.
    now, wrathion is after the old gods. wrathion is arming us to destroy the sha, and in essence, the old gods. he is manipulating the horde and alliance to destroy eachother, to weaken the military power of both, making it easier to conquer.
    i wouldnt be surprised if wrathion is not all hes cut out to be. as much as id hate to have another dragon as a final expansion boss, i think it would serve as a great segway for the burning legion to then invade, right after we just got our shit kicked in by wrathion.

10+ Year Old Account
    How can you not trust him? His baby-dragon form is adorable!!

In all seriousness, I'm fairly cautious about him. He seems to have the best of intentions (protecting Azeroth)....but what is his goal in doing so? Does he want to rule the world? Is he just trying to bring honor to the black dragonflight's name? He seems like a savior at times, and very sinister at others....

Definitely a hard character to read. Blizzard has done a good job with this one.

10+ Year Old Account
    At this moment in time, helping Warthion feels far more trustworthy then doing any quests for Garrosh. The guy has sinister motive hanging over him, but he seems the sort that will get something done for the better reason, even if its done though Dexter methods.
    #boycottchina

As far as I understand, originally the old gods tried to escape their prisons by attracting the legion to Azeroth then using the power of Sargeras' portal they would be free. Until Illidan stopped it without knowing about the old gods.

If the legion are returning then I don't see why the remaining old gods would not try something. If they succeeded with Deathwing, why would they not try it Wrathion? Krasus says the mortals have the best chance against the old gods and Wrathion seems to be interacting with us a great deal.

Got my beady eye on him.