Thread: 43 Years Ago

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

43 Years Ago

While we we're raiding tonight, I checked my Friends list, and noticed this...
    EDIT: How do I post a picture? xD

EDIT 2: Just created a tumblr to post it, here's the link. http://www.tumblr.com/blog/43yearsago
    Last edited by jd14256; 2012-12-01 at 05:05 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Its a bug.

10+ Year Old Account
    Common bug. Seen it for years

43 years perhaps?

I understand it's a bug, just found it funny that the friend logged off about 15 mins before that

Interestingly, that screenshot is from 2 years ago, implying that the maximum time limit on the "offline since" is a specific date rather than a set amount of time.

I have no idea what is going on with my UI.... I might have just discovered bartender.
    Last edited by Daetur; 2012-12-01 at 05:40 AM.

It points to the Unix Epoch... Hmmm...

This isn't a bug.

43 years ago the Government started working on project "Blizzard" and "Battle.net" which was made to test the effects of future "video games" used as mind control. After a few years of setting up the program they starting working on 3 main "stories" that they called "Warcraft", "Starcraft" and "Diablo". Now the Government obviously didn't do this alone, They had Aliens from Zeta Reticuli help them create this technology. The Aliens told them it would be best to go public with these "games" in the 90's and to release a "game" called "World of Warcraft" in 2004. What we are seeing now is a small part of the real system that runs "battle.net" which started 43 years ago. This is to secretly hint at the return of the Aliens on Dec 21, 2012.

(jk, Its just a bug......)

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    I lol'd hard at that, nyc81991. Thanks for brightening my day
    Why is there no "Demonhunter" hero class yet? He was only the coolest hero in WC3. Get busy Blizzard.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Phasma View Post
    It points to the Unix Epoch... Hmmm...
    Well, it explains their realms OS!
    From the #1 Cata review on Amazon.com: "Blizzard's greatest misstep was blaming players instead of admitting their mistakes.
    They've convinced half of the population that the other half are unskilled whiners, causing a permanent rift in the community."

Yeah I spotted at least 3 of my friends had been away for 43 years too last night :P

Damn thats a long time
    Warriors in PvP are like small hyperactive children in a candy shop made of bouncy castle.

Obviously, time since 1.1. 1970. Standard return value for any getTime method.

15+ Year Old Account
    WoW is an old game, very very old.

Quote Originally Posted by nyc81991 View Post
    This isn't a bug.

43 years ago the Government started working on project "Blizzard" and "Battle.net" which was made to test the effects of future "video games" used as mind control. After a few years of setting up the program they starting working on 3 main "stories" that they called "Warcraft", "Starcraft" and "Diablo". Now the Government obviously didn't do this alone, They had Aliens from Zeta Reticuli help them create this technology. The Aliens told them it would be best to go public with these "games" in the 90's and to release a "game" called "World of Warcraft" in 2004. What we are seeing now is a small part of the real system that runs "battle.net" which started 43 years ago. This is to secretly hint at the return of the Aliens on Dec 21, 2012.

Read that with Fox Mulder's voice in my head.. did you ever write X-Files fanfic? :P

This isn't a bug.

This explains alot!!!!

/cast tin foil hat
    /hearth to zombie proof bunker

this made me giggle.... thank you!

Deleted
    This isn't a bug.

that made my day sir!

That's because it uses a unix timestamp, and when no value is available it uses the value 0, and 0 in unix timestamp was the 1st on January 1970, which 43 years ago. Blizzard might want to fix it to just say unknown if the value is 0, but this bug has been around for quite long.
    My addons:
    Announce Interrupts: Announces in chat when you interrupt a spell.
    Tol Barad Reminder: Reminds you to queue for Tol Barad by printing a message when the battle is approaching.
    EasyLogger: Turns on /combatlog inside raid instances, and off outside.
    Simple class resource bars: Paladin Rogue Shaman Monk Priest

43 years !

4x3 = 12

12th year of the millennium = 2012

12th month = December

OPs name = jd14256 -> remove alphabets -> 14256 -> 1 (4x2) (5x6) -> [(5x6) - (4x2) +1 ] = 21

Time for battle to start in OPs screen shot = 08:10

Op has found conclusive proof that world is ending on 21 Dec 2012 at 08:10

---------- Post added 2012-12-02 at 11:42 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Sildor View Post
    That's because it uses a unix timestamp, and when no value is available it uses the value 0, and 0 in unix timestamp was the 1st on January 1970, which 43 years ago. Blizzard might want to fix it to just say unknown if the value is 0, but this bug has been around for quite long.
    Why would we believe your logical sounding mumbo jumbo when I have already proven that all this points to the end of the world

Welcome to 2055

10+ Year Old Account
    Goddamn, WoW is really starting to show it's age...