Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Completely random ... My Shaman and Lock have never killed a Single normal mode boss... I've gotten more LFR loot on my Main Raiding toon then my shaman, but ALOT less then my Warlock.

So it's just completely random... An interesting theory But complete rubbish.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by OscaR View Post
    incredible sample sizes. You might just be on to something here dude, keep up your findings.
    Yes, I'm equally skeptical of the sample size. But my Spidey sense is tingling, bro... I just can't deny that.

Deleted
    I don't think that RNG is RNG in WoW. Could be just my selective memory, but seeing how weird RNG behaved for me (and other people aswell) makes me doubt it's not modified in some way.

Those are things like:
    -Having awesome luck in drops just after receiving free trail - could be just luck, or could be blizz-modified RNG that makes people happier and more likely to resub
    -Finding rare world-drops of crafting patterns after maxing given profession almost immediately on each of 10+ atls who could get such pattern just once and then not getting any of remaining missing ones again at all
    -Getting better rewards (rare patterns and other rares) from things like chest box thingy you get from finishing Golden Lotus dailies, but again, only for the few first days when starting doing them and then just gold over and over
    -Back in DS LFR, logging an alt I haven't played in a while resulted in awesome luck with loot - again, getting better RNG for few starting days of doing something new in-game

I could probably go on, but the point is - even if there is small chance of such luck, it's so incredibly small that even being just one person out of 10 milion subscribers doesn't justify it to be pure RNG in my eyes. Especially when boosting people who start something new in game with better RNG sounds like something that would make people play longer, give impression of more good things to do in-game, preventing boredom and so on - something that any successful company would implement. There is just no reason why they would NOT want to modify RNG in such way - and trying to prove they did would be very hard.
    Last edited by mmoc8c38b7d291; 2012-12-01 at 06:51 AM.

I just have to tell a little story.

One week after saving an entire LFR by tanking/healing/innervating/brezing (ya know, druid stuff) I did LFR in Terror of the Endless Spring, and got the agi staff from there....and it felt like it was a reward....just sayin.

I have done every LFR available since their releases. That's over 70 boss kills. I've only gotten a total of 3 items from LFR. I'm a raider btw (6/16 heroic atm).
    Last edited by Maelstrom51; 2012-12-01 at 11:41 AM.

Deleted
    Blizzard could swoop in and tell you exactly how the "Picking" is being handled but you would still claim rigged. These threads are pointless because your sample size is so incredibly small, and the rng nature of how item drops are affecting said rolls.

What if 5 cloth drops were dropped internally, so that's why you're not receiving loot?

10+ Year Old Account
    i see a lot of contradiction in these LFR threads.

how DOES the system actually work?

trend i see is people think its one of the following two (for clarification numbers; are generalized)

method one:

boss dies; every person in the raid rolls 1-100 vs the system. if you roll 1-50 you get gold, if you roll 51-100 you get an item. item is taken from the loot table at random that is specifid as found in the dungeon journal for your spec/class. this means that theoraticly, everyone in the raid can get an item.

method two;

boss dies; he drops 5 items. the system first checks who is eligible my cross referring class spec with the assigned loot. say he drops a spell caster dagger. 10 people in the raid have it assigned to them in te dungeon journal. these 10 people automaticlly roll and 1 person wins the dagger, even if he already has it. this means that 5 people get an item per kill.

i always thought it was method 1. but i'm not so sure anymore.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Maklor View Post
    It IS one

It's an individual roll the boss doesn't drop anything - everyone could win an item or no one could win anything.
    than why the hell are people making such a fuss about what OTHERS get. it doesn't effect them in any way.

I love a good conspiracy theory, but I'm not buying this one. On my three(God help me) toons that are doing LFR, I've gotten a few pieces on each, with and without coin rolls. I've gotten the head piece from Galleon on two toons, the same tier gloves twice on another, and the chest token from Empress twice on one toon, in addition to other pieces. I have also gone a week without getting anything on any toons.

Overall, the new loot system seems to be working fine, and is as fair as it can be without just dropping everything you want in one run.

Quote Originally Posted by konway View Post
    On my raid char (priest): 3 items from 60+ LFR kills -- Less than 5% success rate.
    On my non-raiding char (sham): 4 items from 6 LFR kills -- Over 65% success rate.

I started raiding with my priest before doing LFR, and I've never done a normal Pandaria raid with my shaman. This seems to be a pattern: there are tons of non-raiders running around with an ilvl equivalent to my priest (480) because they apparently have miraculous luck in LFR. Take my guildmate, for example (sorry, Kunaris): http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...kunaris/simple 8 LFR items equipped -- I'm not sure if he's gotten duplicates or replaced some with 489 rep gear. 0 normal bosses killed.

Is Blizzard tipping the LFR loot scales in favor of non-raiders, or am I just imagining things?
    Bad luck. At lest you are getting loot. The first few weeks I got the axe off Elagon and nothing else I could use between my main and alts. Last two weeks I have gotten a useful item 4/6 in MV 4/6 in HoF and 4/4 in EotS, including 4 tier pieces for my main and my raid alt. I raid OS in MV now so all my items were useful and nothing needed to be DEd. Wife is siting next to me pissed as hell as she gets bags of gold and I ran out of the raid like I just looted it after a riot.

Edit for poster above me. I do not do dailies on alts and haven't bothered to turn in elder charms on my main in a while so no bonus rolls.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mteq View Post
    than why the hell are people making such a fuss about what OTHERS get. it doesn't effect them in any way.
    This was exactly the idea but people love to moan bitch and complain about anything blizzard does

It is 1-85 = Gold 86-100 = Loot (15% Chance) though.

Could it be higher sure but I think 15% is perfect.

Some people want to walk into LFR and the first boss drop the exact item for the exact slot then want.....

Because people are irrational. It doesn't affect them, it doesn't make a difference. Personally, I don't care what other people are getting.(edit: I hope they a getting nice gear they can use, I'm happy for them, but I don't worry about it.) Some people want to know because it's interesting, others want to drool over it, and many just want fuel for their persecution complex because you getting something they didn't get means the world is unfair and they're going to go tell their Mom's on you.

Think about the lottery: everyone who plays has an equal shot at winning, but only one person(generally) actually wins. Does someone else winning make you feel better? Does it mean that you lost out on something? Does knowing who won improve your life or disposition as compared with knowing that somebody won, but not knowing who?

My point is that the information in and of itself has no value other than the value you assign to it, and clearly many people assign a high value to knowing who got loot even though they shouldn't. It's no different than keeping track of what toys your grandma bought for your cousins: it doesn't affect you at all unless you think you are entitled to get the same as, or more, than everyone else
    Last edited by Ayonel; 2012-12-01 at 01:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Quilzar View Post
    Some people want to walk into LFR and the first boss drop the exact item for the exact slot then want.....
    Heh, I'm not saying that. I'd just like to get a few more drops. 3 items in over 70 kills is about 4% drop rate for me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by konway View Post
    Is Blizzard tipping the LFR loot scales in favor of non-raiders, or am I just imagining things?
    LFR is the end-game for most players. By sheer numbers alone the drop rates will be more. Most stop at that level until the final patch, where they have little else to do.

I have little interest in raiding these days as the raids are more about facerolling, timed DPS races, and boring as hell for a healer. Add the mechanic of an 8 second Cleanse, even that duty is gone to have something to do. ICC I was always busy, keeping 3 tanks alive and spot raid healing.
    From the #1 Cata review on Amazon.com: "Blizzard's greatest misstep was blaming players instead of admitting their mistakes.
    They've convinced half of the population that the other half are unskilled whiners, causing a permanent rift in the community."

Quote Originally Posted by wvx View Post
    This SHIT happened also WAY back since vanilla/BC ... tons of times , starting from normal dungeons to big raids .... I would kill the same boss over and over again 15+ times , then I go with the alt and the item I was looking for drops .
    The most noticeable item that didn't drop was the OH-caster book from the lich in MH and the 1h-caster sword from Archimonde .... and we killed him each week for the entire lenght of BC ... HOW THE FUCK is that even possible , the OH dropped once and the MH didn't drop at all in over .... 1 and a half year I think .
    Similar thing happened to the main tank of my alts' guild. In the entirety of ICC, a tank one hander dropped exactly once total from the two bosses who dropped one (three if Lich King also did?) ... and it was on the only raid night of ours he missed that tier.
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

It's humanity's irrational belief that luck is a finite resource, and that if somebody else has luck he somehow leaves less luck in the universe's luck-supply for you, well, it's either that or mere jealousy...

10+ Year Old Account
    if you won something and didnt want it, you'd be complaining about how it doesn't vendor for 30 gold

rng is rng

15+ Year Old Account
    Used to take creativity to build a conspiracy theory. The "good" ones will make rational people laugh and wonder what sort of drugs the "theorist" was on. This is barely a conspiracy theory it's just a mislabeled sense of entitlement or inability to grasp RNG.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lunareste View Post
    RNG is RNG.
    Pretty much
    /10 chars
    I don't always hunt things, But when I do, It's because they're things & I'm a Bear.

10+ Year Old Account
    This week i had insane luck. 5 sigils of wisdom and 4 pieces of loot between terrace and hof.

edit: got 2 more pieces of loot in MSV lfr for a total of 6 pieces i could use this week.
    Last edited by Maruka; 2012-12-01 at 10:21 PM.