Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Shmeh View Post
    The 50% combustion nerf feels a lot more like 75%.
    This sentence says all you need to know about player perception of their own toon's nerfs.

Anyway I think the crit chance deal is dumb, why don't they just do x1.25 and bump it up a flat percentage a bit so it scales okay but doesn't totally blow at low crit levels? Sort of like they did with shatter (2x multiplier and add 50%), except much less extreme obviously.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Roest View Post
    This wouldn't be a problem if this forum had any moderators who would actually moderate, you know doing what you would expect from a moderator.
    I'll try not to take offense as someone who is here practically all day and all night except when I'm sleeping and I can't discuss moderator actions or rules anyway. I understand there are posts that feel like they deserve to be punished, but there is a line and some users just haven't crossed it.

I really thing blizz should of put 1 change in and then wait to see how it panned out. I read a post on the official forums that gc basically said wait a week and see what hapens. i'm pretty sure they'll lift the crit nerf first.

both together are too much of a swing. if you look at each separately it may seem like it would work. but the crit nerf really feeds the combustion nerf making it overall worse than it should of been.
    I hope they look at the metrics of how many mages in the following week drop fire as their main raiding spec and swap to arcane/frost. I don't like arcane. I hated playing my mage during Wotlk when i was forced to in order to be able to kill bosses. (if i din't the dps just wasn't there and it was swap or stop raiding. Frost to me has allways been the pvp spec because of all the controll it has built in and survivablilty.

I'm in it to progress and see bosses killed. but i refuse to spec arcane ever again and i don't like raiding as frost (if i want to have to micro manage a pet i'll play a hunter) so with that i'll be leveling my warrior or deathknight but keep on playing my mage till we see what blizz does if anything in the following weeks. (oddly enough the irony was i quit playing my warrior because i was sick of all the nerfs because of future gear i won't or don't have).
    Last edited by Arteous; 2012-12-02 at 12:28 PM.

Deleted
    Why so many unchecked trolls and flamers? We're trying to discuss our impressions about the nerf among mages and there's always someone (who usually plays another class) bringing the very constructive feedback of "well deserved, fire deserves to be nerfed to the ground" and things of the kind.Why so many unchecked trolls and flamers? We're trying to discuss our impressions about the nerf among mages and there's always someone (who usually plays another class) bringing the very constructive feedback of "well deserved, fire deserves to be nerfed to the ground" and things of the kind.
    The problem is that mages,who previously possessed the premier dps spot eclipsing others by far,now have 3 specs,all of them being competitive compared to every other class in the game,except Affliction warlocks(which should be getting their nerf soon,since they scale hard as well).

However they whine as if their class is ruined.This infuriates players playing other classes(who are not affli locks or fire mages)that get non-preferential treatment for raid spots due to how skewed dps performance is.

Quote Originally Posted by idpersona View Post
    The problem is that mages,who previously possessed the premier dps spot eclipsing others by far,now have 3 specs,all of them being competitive compared to every other class in the game,except Affliction warlocks(which should be getting their nerf soon,since they scale hard as well).

However they whine as if their class is ruined.This infuriates players playing other classes(who are not affli locks or fire mages)that get non-preferential treatment for raid spots due to how skewed dps performance is.
    Except what actually happened was that mages, a strong dps in 5.0 got an inexplicable buff in 5.1 when combustion did much more damage. That made them overpowered, and most people realized that. So everyone expected a return to 5.0 combustion and maybe a slight tweak. Instead, we have combustion doing far less damage than in 5.0, a huge scaling nerf, and as a result have a 20% nerf that solidly puts us on the bottom of the pack, while simultaneously making our rotation far more monotonous and boring.

Deleted

This x1000.... I play a shaman.. and one of my best friends is a hunter.... The fact that mages even have the nerve to be so disappointed about this is beyond me.

If you look up the top damaging classes on www . worldoflogs. com/rankings/players/Mogu%27shan_Vaults/dps/ and look at damage done after the 29th... You'll see firemages quite a few times on that list... When any of you finds an elemental shaman or a survival hunter, I'll start agreeing to your nagging. Untill then I am sorry, but you are still very strong.. and to me still too strong...

Deleted
    Except what actually happened was that mages, a strong dps in 5.0
    Fire mages topped meters by a distance even in 5.0.Also do not forget that mages scale stupidly well with crit(not only more dmg from the crit itself,but constant instant pyro procs and huge combustions).Did you honestly not expect a nerf to your insane scaling,given that you were the best scaling spec in the game by a mile?People get even more gear as we speak,and despite the CM nerf,no one still scales as hard as you do.

I play a mage only as my alt but I still want to comment on this change.

It was perhaps too much a nerf, yet this is not specific to mages or is the end of the world. I do hope at least the critical mass nerf is reverted soon.

Reminds me of the t11 shadow buff which made us do 10% more damage than the rest of the pack, then was hotfixed in 2 days nerfing our overall damage by 10% effectively rendering our recently buffed wet noodle AOE nonexistent.

Blizzard tends to heavily nerf accidental OP situations and leave it that way unfortunately.

I hope for the sake of balance, it won't the case this time.

Deleted
    When any of you finds an elemental shaman or a survival hunter, I'll start agreeing to your nagging. Untill then I am sorry, but you are still very strong.. and to me still too strong...
    To the fire mages'defense here,nobody cares about the underperforming specs in the context of this discussion.Elemental shamans can spec Enhancement,survival hunters can spec BM,Destruction warlocks can spec Affli.The only dps that have a legitimate concern are the 1-spec-dps only,aka Shadow priests and Retri Pallies,who are both dealing low damage atm.

Deleted
    Congratulations, you can now work in any major news network, you can twist facts like a pro. The fight you linked is a cleave fight with bonus dmg from the buff
    Why are you comparing a single target sim to a boss
    vs

instead of linking all MV HC bosses and giving you 6 links i just linked you first and pointed you that ALL MV HC BOSSES are different than Simcraft.
    Seems that still reading = skill

A true mage will never cry because of a nerf, a true mage deals with it with his own mystical ways and skills.

Fire mages topped meters by a distance even in 5.0.Also do not forget that mages scale stupidly well with crit(not only more dmg from the crit itself,but constant instant pyro procs and huge combustions).Did you honestly not expect a nerf to your insane scaling,given that you were the best scaling spec in the game by a mile?People get even more gear as we speak,and despite the CM nerf,no one still scales as hard as you do.
    Sure, nerf the scaling and add a flat % crit to compensate for those not decked out in BiS. My crit rate just went back to what it was when I hit 90 with the flick of a switch. Pyro's are infrequent, and there's an awful lot of fireball spamming which makes the spec boring as hell.

There's tons of non-stupid ways to tone down the damage of fire if you want to nerf it. Go back to 5.0 combustion, and take a couple % damage off everything. Buff the bomb spells and nerf fireball/pyro. Nerf CM, add a flat crit modifier to compensate. All of these reduce scaling, all of them reduce damage. None take a shit on the playstyle, and all can be tweaked to not bury mages.

Deleted
    How are they going to compensate this regarding fire arena and general pvp? This critical mass nerf is a horrible blow. I do NOT want to spec frost for pvp to remain competitive.

Quote Originally Posted by Megara View Post
    How are they going to compensate this regarding fire arena and general pvp? This critical mass nerf is a horrible blow. I do NOT want to spec frost for pvp to remain competitive.
    I think it's intended as a flat nerf, with no compensation to it. Might be too harsh though, with medium geared mages plummeling down in dps.
    Might know in a week
    Everyone has so much to say
    They talk talk talk their lives away

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kandalanu View Post
    instead of linking all MV HC bosses and giving you 6 links i just linked you first and pointed you that ALL MV HC BOSSES are different than Simcraft.
    Seems that still reading = skill
    Again, Stone guards (along with Protectors of the Endless) is the worst possible example one can make when trying to prove that singletarget simcraft is wrong. I can do this http://raidbots.com/dpsbot/Will_of_t...default/#7vvvv and argue that fire and arcane are underpowered and need a buff (which isn't true, but you can see the point)

I am a Mage.
    Avatar shamelessly stolen from Deviant Art, all credit to the author
    Phailah|Forged|Drak'thul EU

15+ Year Old Account
    Alright, I've let this thread carry on well past it's expiration date. If you guys want to actually discuss the hot fix changes, then please feel free to open up a new thread without "fire nerfs" in the title, since that tends to summon trolls. I've gotten too many reports for this thread and posters in it to leave it open, and after reading most of the posts myself, I no longer find it constructive. Closing for my inbox's sanity.
    BfA Beta Time