Farcry 3 Graphics, What if WOW looked like that?!

For those of you who haven't played far cry 3, im not interested in comparing story lines or how bad/good it is.. i want to specifically bring up what would you think of a World of Warcraft world that looked like Rook Island (except its the whole of wow's continents) its a huge open island that screams MMO.. walking around it i cant help but want to see a world of warcraft that looks like this... (WoW2)!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1XK8DhNU4lE

13 minutes of open world game play.. imagine wow in this world
    Last edited by McTurbo; 2012-12-01 at 11:25 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Then you log into a major city or similar area, your computer screams at the overload and the game crashes. I'll wait, thanks.

heh ive been around since the days of doom playing on ten, kali ..you had every piece of paper around your computer covered in ip addresses hoping one was active.. trust me things improve over time. in just what 19 years? computer games are phenomenal compared to what we had even 10 years ago..

game graphics by the year...
    http://www.webdesignerdepot.com/2008...een-1990-2008/

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Looks like Crysis 1 on low
    Quote Originally Posted by Elementium View Post
    People so addicted that they're actually angry at Blizzard for WoW getting old >.< Insulting WoW because your tired of it is like hating your dad because he's older than you and not as fun as your friends.

You mean that style? Realistic style is overrated, and there's plenty of mmos with that style.
    Wow's style is just right for me, wouldn't want it any other way.

If you mean that high poly/hd textures etc, well enjoy losing allot of the player base, I know I wouldn't be able to run that.

Deleted
    jungle jungle jungle and more jungle, boooooring. also it would be really hard to spot anything with such lush enviroment.

Deleted
    Yeah I'd love Farcry 3 graphics in LFR on my crappy computer.

It doesn't even look that good :<
    Ashr

Why show a screenshot of Crysis 1 on low/medium without high texture pack?

Deleted
    Graphics doesn't make everything in a game...

On topic : then my computer wouldn't be able to run the game, that's all.

Quote Originally Posted by McTurbo View Post
    For those of you who haven't played far cry 3, im not interested in comparing story lines or how bad/good it is.. i want to specifically bring up what would you think of a World of Warcraft world that looked like Rook Island (except its the whole of wow's continents) its a huge open island that screams MMO.. walking around it i cant help but want to see a world of warcraft that looks like this... (WoW2)!!

And 5-7 million subscribers lost who manage just fine on WoW's wonderful clunky graphics

I like the current cartoony graphics of WoW. My computer likes them. I don't think Warcraft would be the right fit for "realistic" graphics. It's got it's style and I say stick with it.

If I wanted to throw spells or cleave something in two with that graphics style, I'd likely load up Skyrim.

Then it wouldn't be WoW anymore, and I probably would miss the old graphics!

Quote Originally Posted by sdracklryeg View Post
    Looks like Crysis 1 on low
    It's from October 13 - it's console version. Just look for some PC version in 1080 on ultra and then compare it

Deleted
    Would look like shit really, realistic game graphics are good for FPS, not for fantasy games.

i'd hate if wow graphics have changed

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by McTurbo View Post

Even though I absolutely love FarCry graphics I would hate to see WoW look like that. The graphics and style are so recognizable and appropriate in my opinion, that I would actually hate to see it transformed inot something like that. For a game like FarCry the graphcis can be realistic because the game does a lot to appear realistic. BUt WoW is all about a fantasy world and it is depicting it in an awesome way.

Deleted
    It would be a lame looking game that I would never have bothered with.

10+ Year Old Account
    oh yes lets homogenize everything, lets be like every other game. lets not do anything different from any other game. *yawns* im getting sleepy now.. im bored.

yah no thanks. you dont do the same thing, you do the next thing. it simply would not be wow if it looked like any other game.. it would be the clone of that game instead.
    Quote Originally Posted by ablib View Post
    I do realize that this is an internet forum full of morons, however in real life, no one questions me, people look to me for the answer, look up to me, trust me. To have dipshits on a video game forum question me, is insulting.