Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Angry Angriest Moment in Wow?

Despite a few moments here and there, I've overall always been pleased with my time spent in Warcraft. However, there have been a few times where I've been out of my mind angry. I thought a few of the stories would be rage-inducing enough to share. Feel free to share yours too!

The first time I really remember getting truly upset in Warcraft was when I got trolled out of "the Undying" title. It was the last raid lockout before the titles got retired. I joined a pug on my server, and everyone was doing really well, but there was one guy that rubbed me the wrong way. Most everyone in the group was in ICC gear, but this one guy had really, really bad gear. He was bottom of dps, but it wasn't a big deal because everyone else outgeared the content so severely. I assumed he must've been someone's friend to get in the group with such bad gear and didn't think much of it. We cleared all the way to KT without a single death. Not a huge accomplishment, but still. I could practically taste the achievement. As we're fighting KT, the boss does... whatever that move's called. The deadly one. It targets the warrior. He stands completely still. Instantly dies. Says in chat "LOL NO TITLE BETTER LUCK NEXT TIME" and drops group. Immediately logs out.

I can remember literally shaking with anger. I was so mad at myself for not saying something to the raid leader earlier on that that guy should be replaced. To this day, I still assume anyone with embarrassingly bad gear/dps is trolling. Granted the title isn't THAT impressive, in fact it was basically faceroll in ICC gear, the fact that you can't get it anymore makes it a lot more prestigious in a way. I'm a bit of an achieve hound and it irks me to see bank alts with that title, while I can never have it. All thanks to that one guy.

I've always been a fan of trolling, in a weird way. Good trolling is like an artform. It's a shame so many people think "umadbro?" qualifies as trolling. They need to take a lesson from my buddy in Naxx.

So in 3.5 years, you never got the title? And you were furious because someone screwed it up intentionally on the very last possible try before they retired the title? Seems to me there were more than 200 chances to get it. It sucks, but I can't exactly feel bad for you either since you had literally YEARS to try and get it.

Quote Originally Posted by BeastmasterGuardian View Post
    So in 3.5 years, you never got the title?
    Wrath didn't last 3.5 years

The Lightbringer GKLeatherCraft's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    So in 3.5 years, you never got the title? And you were furious because someone screwed it up intentionally on the very last possible try before they retired the title? Seems to me there were more than 200 chances to get it. It sucks, but I can't exactly feel bad for you either since you had literally YEARS to try and get it.
    You might want to get some facts before you have a dig at him, What if he didn't play in the beginning of Wrath? Even so wrath wasn't going for 3.5 years, It was a pretty hard achievment to get for quite some time also untill you could outgear it, even then people still failed

Deleted
    I was pretty mad the 8 weeks of Firelands without a single mail int drop for my Elemental Shaman.

Shit, OP. That is one of the most asshole moves ever I can't even--! Wow...

I hope you remembered the name, logged his server and reported him to his GM. God I would have been so angry myself... Hope karma gets him IRL.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lochglen View Post
    I am wondering if Blizzard are going to give the Alliance the 5 mounts because the worgen have running wild, the horde have 5 new mounts , i just think they should balance it out, how say you all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rixis View Post
    hows about you give half your money to africa because you have more than them, and it's not balanced
    no? didn't think so

undying was never retired as far as i know. its just 'hidden' as in it doesnt show up in the massive sea of wrath achievements.

mine would have to be doing the same thing however.
    trying to get undying when naxx was current content, would have been one of the few on server with the title. we were doing perfect up until saph. but ofc we had this fucking mage who was one of 'those' types. he played a rogue forever, switched to mage in wrath, got 'taught' by some good mages and then thought he was pro as hell. this didnt stop him from ignoring the frost breath and getting 1 shot. he was casting as everyone was yelling at him to get behind an iceblock and he just kept casting. when he was called out on it he said he was lagging and then faked a DC. logged back on 5 minutes later, then logged off again when he saw we were still doing naxx. wasnt seen for a few days.

Deleted
    Every single time I get killed by someone 1v1.

Season 3 arena, trying to get past 2400 on my Warrior. 8/10 games were 30-90 minutes of me being cc'd by a Resto Druid/DPS team. Although, thanks to them I'm now immune to all forms of video game rage.

Quote Originally Posted by Vyrd View Post
    undying was never retired as far as i know. its just 'hidden' as in it doesnt show up in the massive sea of wrath achievements.
    It is. It's a Feat of Strength now.

On the same topic, although I have the Undying one (we ended up doing it until Sapphiron, 2 healing the instance on our 3rd lockout of Naxx10 without even knowing it existed, we switched to 3 heal for Sapph & KT as soon as we knew it ), our warlock made us wipe TWICE at 5% during Kel'thuzad 25 while we were still ongoing for the "Immortal" title. We never succeeded in getting it, because of those 2 deaths.

From the same guy.
    On the same shit.
    Twice.
    In a row.
    Fucker.

Ho and guess what it was ?

He got the aggro from the boss after our MT got mc'd, we yelled at every DPS to cast their Shatter/Vanish/whatever for it not to happen and BANG. Here goes the Immortal while the boss had like 50k HP left.

10+ Year Old Account
    Every week when LFR drops nothing but gold.
    Walking with a friend in the dark is better than walking alone in the light.
    So I chose the path of the Ebon Blade, and not a day passes where i've regretted it.
    I am eternal, I am unyielding, I am UNDYING.
    I am Zethras, and my blood will be the end of you.

The day RealID with the 'our real names on the forums' thing was introduced.

That's got to be the angriest gaming week of my life. Still makes me mad today that some worthless piece of !@#$ could come up with something as !@#$ed up as that, have it approved and proposed to their customers. I got involved with various communities to oppose this with a number of petitions and am glad our efforts rang through. Never did trust Blizzard the same way again though.

I can't think of anything that made me really angry in game. I have been angry at people distracting me at the wrong times when I am raiding or pvping though.

The day my ex GM announced that the female officer who died 5 times in a single Hodir attempt (resto shammy) would get Val'anyr I was pretty pissed. She is to this day one of the worst players I've ever raided with, and I've had the misfortune of raiding with a lot of bad players. (I'm nothing amazing myself so I'm not slamming everyone else as "bads" or "nubs" or whatever but shit she was awful).

10+ Year Old Account
    The day my ex-guild decided to give the first dragonwrath to our female officer druid....
    Normally I wouldn't care that much, except that druid happend to be a resto/feral druid that hadn't played balance since wotlk... So yeah, I instant ragequited that shit.

10+ Year Old Account
    CRZ essentially is the most frustrating for me.

Those lag stalls hitting each zone (and in that one area before Dalaran and between Icecrown and Stormpeaks = 3 such lags seconds apart) was the reason I unsubbed back in September. Can't level alts with clients crashing hard, and that was what I was planning to do in MoP.

It's still there, not as bad as September, but it will lock up the clients with white screens if hitting more than one CRZ point within seconds. Not able to even play the game as intended IS frustrating.
    From the #1 Cata review on Amazon.com: "Blizzard's greatest misstep was blaming players instead of admitting their mistakes.
    They've convinced half of the population that the other half are unskilled whiners, causing a permanent rift in the community."

I have to agree with this poster to a degree, but agree with what the two following posters said about this paragraph,

But yea, if you wanted that title despratly, and had the ICC gear, then you should of organized a guild run, or a friend run, or even a pug run with orgainzation well before the last minute, it does sound to me as if you heard the titles were getting locked down, went oh shit, and joined the first pug you could find,

For example, my friend in my guild did it, however, since most of them had it in guild, no one would help him, so he had to pug, but he went and made a thread on the server forums iirc, gear checked people, talked to each one before picking them to make sure there was no trolls, they went in, failed, and regrouped and did it the next week,

and just for the lols, I had another guild group going, and one of my mates died on anub, I remeber the G chat well that night, it was hilarious, they took it in good stride and few people didn't get the title but totally worth it, still wind him up to this day

Nothing has ever made me angry, if I get close to that stage, I just log off and go out for a walk, or a pint of if its before training I just focus on that, well it isnt even that tbh, I don't get bat shit crazy over a game, I don't see the point, although I do laugh when people do and enjoy winding them up

Whats annoyed me the most? I started raiding in tbc, and during wrath I level'd a dk instead of raiding, I was servers 4/5 no biggie, but that was casual leveling, while doing the dailies for skyshattered netherwing shattered sun offensive as well as kurnaii, so I was a busy little bee, I hit 80 did a tiny bit of nax 25 man mainly nothing much, but I decided to get into achis and go for 50 mounts first,

After a few months I saw the Black and Plague proto, as my guild had them and thought fuck I need that, but I'll do it in a few weeks, as I had a spot on the 2nd team if I wanted it,

Well needless to say I let wait and wait, uld hit and boom mounts gone, I was pissed, but thats the cloest to angry
    Last edited by Rotted; 2012-12-01 at 07:47 PM.
    Desktop: Zotac 1080 TI, I7 7700k, 16gb Ram, 256gb SSD + 1TB HDD
    Laptop: Zotac 2070 MaxQ, I7 8750, 32gb RAM, 500gb SSD + 2TB SSD
    Main Game: Warcraft Classic

Haters gonna hate

10+ Year Old Account
    Finding out that a fellow raider/wow-friend killed herself over losing her raid spot. I know that it wasn't wow's fault. But it was the angriest I'd ever been at the part of the community.

In the letter she left behind she cited on of the final straws for her, was a group of people from her raid who thought it would be an enjoyable event to make fun of her for losing her spot, going as far as to tell her "you fail at this game as much as you fail at life".

She had a pretty messed up life, and wow/raiding were one of her only outlets to forget about it all

the trinket from heroic 10 Deathwhisper ninja'd by a guy who felt entitled to it since his guild was one of the top on the server
    Jsz
    <Losers Club> US-Alliance

d u m b c a s u a l s l u t

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lovecrafts View Post
    Finding out that a fellow raider/wow-friend killed herself over losing her raid spot. I know that it wasn't wow's fault. But it was the angriest I'd ever been at the part of the community.

In the letter she left behind she cited on of the final straws for her, was a group of people from her raid who thought it would be an enjoyable event to make fun of her for losing her spot, going as far as to tell her "you fail at this game as much as you fail at life".

She had a pretty messed up life, and wow/raiding were one of her only outlets to forget about it all
    Damn, thats horrible..Cant even imagine.