Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by zinnin View Post
    They glyph is only for you, even when it is glyphed your teammates still need to click on it.
    He means that you can just buy the item yourself, instead of wasting a glyph slot.

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerraw View Post
    He means that you can just buy the item yourself, instead of wasting a glyph slot.
    Don't think blizzard thought this through haha

Quote Originally Posted by Phookah View Post
    Yea, lets go back to cataclysm when all 3 of our spec's sucked
    And that's why there's something called "opinion". Also, I'm sure affliction sucked while being the king of 3v3.

10+ Year Old Account
    Anybody else have their portals seemingly stop working? Use it on Sha usually, and noticed last Thursday it just wouldn't port me after a couple times (think after returning from one of the side mini bosses).

Quote Originally Posted by Moggie View Post
    Anybody else have their portals seemingly stop working? Use it on Sha usually, and noticed last Thursday it just wouldn't port me after a couple times (think after returning from one of the side mini bosses).
    Yep. I think it might be a bug w/ the range - don't remember a single time where it let me port after returning from a platform.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Netherspark View Post
    This was a nice idea but it pretty much renders the Glyph useless.
    Nice idea, and effects on the usefulness of Glyphs aren't really relevant; the things are right there to buy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Phoenexis View Post
    Curse of Enfeeblement reduces melee damage by 10% instead of 20%
    This was documented in the hotfixes.

Quote Originally Posted by kaamila View Post
    i believe you can cast unending resolve while stunned/cc'd
    Believe, or can? I'll check it before I update it.

Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    Nice list, Jessicka. Didn't know about those attunement stones for the portals, will need to get one I think. 1 bag slot is worth less to me then a glyph slot (even a minor one)
    My bags are so rammed with transmog gear that I'm wondering whether I value the bag space more

Quote Originally Posted by Szemere View Post
    It's actually very possible when firing more than 2 in a row I do not know the duration of the DoT of course, but if the second DoT even takes as much as 1 second from the previous, it is very much possible to overwrite a DoT suboptimally, if you can cast enough of them in a row. Just hoping that firing 3/4 in a row is still possible though, considering cramming as much Chaos Bolts as possible into Dark Soul has always been my strong point =3
    Hadn't thought it through fully. I've only really used Destro for cleaving on Elegon and Will, so I've not been chaining CB at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    Nice idea, and effects on the usefulness of Glyphs aren't really relevant; the things are right there to buy.

Believe, or can? I'll check it before I update it.

My bags are so rammed with transmog gear that I'm wondering whether I value the bag space more

Hadn't thought it through fully. I've only really used Destro for cleaving on Elegon and Will, so I've not been chaining CB at all.
    just tested it. yes you can cast unending resolve/dark bargain while cc'd
    Intel i7 4790k @ 4.4GHz | Asetek 550LC 120MM Watercooler | MSI Z97 PC MATE | XFX Radeon R9 390X 8GB | ADATA 16GB DDR3-2133MHz XPG V3 |
    1TB WD Caviar Blue | 128GB Sandisk Z400S SSD | NZXT Phantom 410 | EVGA 750W SuperNova G1 80+ GOLD | External 2TB WD Elements

10+ Year Old Account
    - Threatening Presence can now be toggled on/off with a left click in the spell book.
    Wan't it like this since 5.0 or am I just misunderstanding it?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Niberion View Post
    Left click toggled the buff, right click toggled the auto cast. It has always been like that.

- Threatening Presence can now be toggled on/off with a left click in the spell book.
    You could do this prepatch.

- Grimoire of Sacrifice cooldown reduced to 30s.
    This change was mentioned prepatch so it's documented just not in the notes.
    Last edited by Harsesis; 2012-12-02 at 05:19 AM.

Odd, the tooltip hasn't been corrected.

10+ Year Old Account
    Cool.
    Quote Originally Posted by Niberion View Post
    If it was, it was bugged to hell and never worked for me, I had to jump through hoops resummoning and shit.
    Quote Originally Posted by Phoenexis View Post
    Odd, the tooltip hasn't been corrected.
    It was a post-patch hotfix, so wont change tooltips which are held clientside.

If this one works its a BIG one, I was soloing nax and pet was about to die out of reflex taunted the boss, it worked. Only tried it on instructor, but i can assure you my taunted taunted the boss.

I Will test this out in this weeks raid and see if it works. RL prob gonna be mad at me tho.

10+ Year Old Account
    Okay, tested Chaos Bolt!

With 4988 haste, which is what I happened to have on my gear at the moment, without 5% haste buff from being in a raid, but with the 1% goblin bonus (deal with it), that ends up at 12.85% haste.

On a dummy I concluded that in a situation you would have 12.85% haste in, you can safely cast 3 Chaos Bolts in a row. A Chaos Bolt DoT has 3 ticks on it, when casting 4 in a row, only 11 will go through, thus being DPS loss.

With Bloodlust up, or when running with more haste including raidbuffs (still not 100% sure on current stat prio for GoSac, gonna be simming my own char in a bit), the number of safe Chaos Bolts will probably drop back to 2, casting a single spell between the second and the third will make the third perfectly safe though. If for some reason you're running with lust up, with a haste build, haste trinket, and with backdraft stacks affecting the second cast, it might not even be safe to cast 2 in a row, but we're talking extremes here obviously.

Damage of the DoT seems to be about 8% of your initial Chaos Bolt per tick like the talent would suggest, with the first tick being a second after impact, and the last tick being 3 seconds after impact (minus haste of course).

On a different topic, the GCD of Havoc seems to have been removed/lowered to .5 seconds or less, and I'm pretty sure that was not the case during 5.0 (correct me if wrong).
    Ex-GM and Raidleader of the MoX Purple Kittens Raidteam on Twisting Nether (formerly Grim Batol), RIP, Winter 2010 - Spring 2013.
    Armory. WoWProgress. Might start streaming Soon(tm) http://twitch.tv/szem/

Deleted
    I tried using Unending Resolve in arena when i was silenced and it didnt work. GUess it doesnt work on all CC.

Also, is it true that mannoroths fury doesnt affect cursed auras anymore? Does anyone have proof on this?
    Last edited by mmocb47e9d5b09; 2012-12-02 at 04:59 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by saltyharbls View Post
    I tried using Unending Resolve in arena when i was silenced and it didnt work. GUess it doesnt work on all CC.

Also, is it true that mannoroths fury doesnt affect cursed auras anymore? Does anyone have proof on this?
    Yeah the aura thing is completely nudered and yes it doesn't affect it tested it myself.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by -Apathy- View Post
    Yeah the aura thing is completely nudered and yes it doesn't affect it tested it myself.
    Holy shitballs... i thought it was "only" the % damage reduced, the dispellability and the cooldown. Now this also? Fkn hell.
    Is it even worth using mannoroths fury anymore?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by saltyharbls View Post
    Holy shitballs... i thought it was "only" the % damage reduced, the dispellability and the cooldown. Now this also? Fkn hell.
    Is it even worth using mannoroths fury anymore?
    Yeah still affects hand of guldan and Chaos wave so of course.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by -Apathy- View Post
    Yeah still affects hand of guldan and Chaos wave so of course.
    That is true indeed. Was competely tunnelvisioning the auras ;D

Before you could cast FnB:conflagrate even when you have 0 charges of it, so you could cast 3 conflagrates in a row (conf-conf-FnB:conf), now you can't do it anymore (i'm not sure since when this change is on live, and i'm almost 100% sure that isn't documented)