Deleted

Frost DK pvp 2h vs Dw

Hi all im a 7 year wow player and a dk lover but i haven't played wow in quite sometime. I was wondering at this current time what is better 2h or Dw? Thanks for the help and please reply.

,Ben

Frost in pvp have been in a bad situation since Mop, not because we are that bad, but the design is terrible.

It's a terrible design because:
    - 2h Frost is really good against light armor, but not so good against heavy armor
    - DW is good against light armor, and strong against heavy armor.

This is a problem because we have to change weapons depending on what classes we are facing. And we can't do it in combat because then it takes 30 sec or something for the bonuses from "Might of the Frozen Wastes" and "Threat of Thassarian" to work.
    For example:
    - as 2h frost you're weak against holy paladins (and other heavy armor classes) and most likely can't kill them if they are good
    - as DW you're strong against holy paladins (and other heavy armor classes), but far from as strong against light armor as 2h.

The problem is that 2h frost is mostly physical damage while DW is mostly frost damage. In Cataclysm we dealt mostly frost-damage with both DW and 2h so it wasn't a problem back them. Now 2h frost is mostly a physical-damage spec. DW frost is more frost-damage, but still some physical damage too. I think 2h frost should be more like DW frost right now, because DW frost has a nice mix of Frost Strike and Obliterate. 2H frost is mostly just about Obliterate and that makes us weak against heavy armor.

Blizzard got to fix this problem

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Wrien View Post
    Frost in pvp have been in a bad situation since Mop, not because we are that bad, but the design is terrible.

It's a terrible design because:
    - 2h Frost is really good against light armor, but not so good against heavy armor
    - DW is good against light armor, and strong against heavy armor.

This is a problem because we have to change weapons depending on what classes we are facing. And we can't do it in combat because then it takes 30 sec or something for the bonuses from "Might of the Frozen Wastes" and "Threat of Thassarian" to work.
    For example:
    - as 2h frost you're weak against holy paladins (and other heavy armor classes) and most likely can't kill them if they are good
    - as DW you're strong against holy paladins (and other heavy armor classes), but far from as strong against light armor as 2h.

The problem is that 2h frost is mostly physical damage while DW is mostly frost damage. In Cataclysm we dealt mostly frost-damage with both DW and 2h so it wasn't a problem back them. Now 2h frost is mostly a physical-damage spec. DW frost is more frost-damage, but still some physical damage too. I think 2h frost should be more like DW frost right now, because DW frost has a nice mix of Frost Strike and Obliterate. 2H frost is mostly just about Obliterate and that makes us weak against heavy armor.

Blizzard got to fix this problem

I agree I just haven't been able to stand up to heavy armored classes lately. I miss cata dks they were great at that time. So I'm thinking of going dw. What do you think about that?

Quote Originally Posted by Benfro89 View Post
    I agree I just haven't been able to stand up to heavy armored classes lately. I miss cata dks they were great at that time. So I'm thinking of going dw. What do you think about that?
    To be honest i want the "Threat of thassarian" Frost Strike damage bonus with 2h instead of the Obliterate bonus from "Might of the Frozen Wastes".
    I feel that i have to play DW, but i want to play 2h.