[Combat] I feel like I'm underperforming

Hello, I'm a rogue who has been playing this class since the end of TBC, always been playing combat just because I liek the playstyle.

However here in our new expansion I feel like I'm doing way less dps than I should, I've been checking up rotations very carefully, gemming, reforging etc. Just to make sure I'm doing high dps, but it feels like that time is just wasted since I really don't do the damage I think I'm supposed to do.

This is my armory:
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte.../Nrujin/simple

I feel like I'm missing sometihng, I know that rogues scale well with gear. But the thing is I just had the luck to find my Krol Scimitar and replaced my 463ilvl MH, and felt like my dps only increased by a very small amount.

Priority list: SnD > RvS > Rupture (if no cleave) > Evis
    AR and SB are macro'd together.

This is my friends armory (a feral druid):
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ntangle/simple
    We are doing 5man dungs together whenever we can, I'm always checking my dps to compare to him. His Ilvl is just slightly higher than me, but still he's been able to do 4-9k more dps than me on most non-cleave encounters

Yes I know that combat isnt the best singletarget spec, but I think it's weird that its just THAT far behind on a non-cleave fight. I've considered going assa, but I aint got any weps for it (been trying to get daggers since I started to gear this one up, without luck) and if I know myself correctly I won't stay assa for long cus I find the spec boring.

Any thoughts?

(Don't mock my english please!)

Edit: Oh yeah, next time Darkmoon Faire is coming to town, I'll be getting the trinket. Just as my feral durid friend, will that make a hug difference since that trinket is damn good?
    Minions... servants... soldiers of the cold dark! Obey the call of Kel'Thuzad!
    *chills*

It makes sense he's pulling more then you, he has better gear then you afterall. 7pts of ilvl average is a fair bit of difference. It accounts for the 4k-9k more. You would probably be even with him as assassination though if you had the daggers, it does do a significant amount more single target damage. I wouldn't worry about it though as I said since your Ilvl is lower. Plus combat's way more fun in heroics anyway, your a trash killing machine.

As for the trinket. Yes it's definitely good. Here's a combat guide for MoP, which includes a ranking list of trinkets so you can see just where it stands. You should see a nice DPs increase from it though.
    http://elitistjerks.com/f78/t131328-art_combat/

Your english was fine by the way.
    Last edited by Duncanîdaho; 2012-12-01 at 11:16 AM.
    The generalist looks outward; he looks for living principles, knowing full well that such principles change, that they develop. It is to the characteristics of change itself that the mentat-generalist must look. There can be no permanent catalogue of such change, no handbook or manual. You must look at it with as few preconceptions as possible, asking yourself, "Now what is this thing doing?" -Children of Dune

Your gear is almost fully optimized as far as I can tell. You're just missing a leg enchant and Dancing Steel (not exactly worth it on your current weapons). ShadowC is giving 58k optimal DPS. You'll probably never hit that number, but you should hitting at least 50-55k (note: this is full raid buffs, prepot, and hero/cd pot; you can get a more accurate number for dungeons by messing with settings in ShadowC).

There's not a lot more we can tell you without logs. Rogues are very middle of the pack around 463. As it goes up from there, you'll start climbing the meters. You could be doing everything right.

Deleted
    If last expansion is any indicator of things to come, combat starts out worse than assa due to weapon scaling, then halfway through it'll be even, and by the end combat will be the clear winner.

When you're in the 463 territory assa will be considerably better on single target. But don't worry about it - throughout any 5-man combat will pull ahead due to high cleave potential. And total damage done > DPS on bosses. Unless you're looking for e-peen, in which case you should just play mage

Thanks guys, I had forgot my leg-enchant. It should work out well later on I guess!

Quote Originally Posted by Duncanîdaho View Post
    It makes sense he's pulling more then you, he has better gear then you afterall. 7pts of ilvl average is a fair bit of difference. It accounts for the 4k-9k more. You would probably be even with him as assassination though if you had the daggers, it does do a significant amount more single target damage. I wouldn't worry about it though as I said since your Ilvl is lower. Plus combat's way more fun in heroics anyway, your a trash killing machine.
    He has only got 2ilvls higher than me, you looked at his total Ilvl, which is his restogear included. But maybe just ferals are like trucks in the beginning of an expansion.
    Minions... servants... soldiers of the cold dark! Obey the call of Kel'Thuzad!
    *chills*

Quote Originally Posted by Typhod View Post
    But maybe just ferals are like trucks in the beginning of an expansion.
    Their weapon is just as stat stick, like casters. They don't have to deal with weapon damage scaling, just AP scaling. It puts them on a different, more linear scaling curve (barring any weird stat mechanics, like crit for fire mages; idk a lot about ferals).

Quote Originally Posted by Typhod View Post
    He has only got 2ilvls higher than me, you looked at his total Ilvl, which is his restogear included. But maybe just ferals are like trucks in the beginning of an expansion.
    Your right I did, sorry. It's late here lol, I'm going to bed. This tier though no matter how good you play as combat even at equal ilvls you probably won't be top dmg single target. As others here already mentioned why.
    The generalist looks outward; he looks for living principles, knowing full well that such principles change, that they develop. It is to the characteristics of change itself that the mentat-generalist must look. There can be no permanent catalogue of such change, no handbook or manual. You must look at it with as few preconceptions as possible, asking yourself, "Now what is this thing doing?" -Children of Dune