Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arnorei View Post

Also, to add to this, only night elves got something this patch, there's 5 more races Varian needs to convince.
    Scenarios seems the best way right now to deliver story like this, what I would like to see is a more quest approah that sends you to each capital city and you (as the player) travels with Varians royal guards.

Although scenarios work too, the trials of the high king is shaping up to be very good.

Deleted
    Those races are awful. I hope they won't ever bring them up.

Draenei have been forgotten since BC, who cares about those tentacle faced goat retcons?

there isn't much forsaken activity either. we just have to wait our turns.
    Warlorcs of Draenorc made me quit. You can't have my stuff.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Headswillroll View Post
    Those races are awful. I hope they won't ever bring them up.

It would be a worse decision to not bring them up. Since you didn't say why I'd say it would be wise to listen to those that want Draenei and Worgen into the fold.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

I love the Alliance, I hate Alliance players. This thread reinforces that even more.
    "I just wanted them to hand us our award! But they were just talk!, talk!, talk!......" - Wrathion

10+ Year Old Account
    [Spoilers?]

The Dreanei on the front lines for Operation Sheildwall. Velen also is mentioned by Varian during the finale off the quest chain I believe.

Also one of the ships raiding the Dominance Point (Horde) outpost is captained by a Worgen male who is a target for a daily quest involving attacking those ships.

While their appearances are minor they are there. Blizzard has stated they don't choose a race or lore figure who they feel needs some screen time, essentially, instead create a narrative and fill with the appropriate characters it requires. I feel the Draenei are being reserved for anything legion related while the Worgen are better suited for any conflict that may arise involving maybe the Alliance vs The Forsaken or Lorderon from an Alliance perspective.

Quote Originally Posted by GuiZe View Post
    [Spoilers?]

The Dreanei on the front lines for Operation Sheildwall. Velen also is mentioned by Varian during the finale off the quest chain I believe.

Also one of the ships raiding the Dominance Point (Horde) outpost is captained by a Worgen male who is a target for a daily quest involving attacking those ships.

While their appearances are minor they are there. Blizzard has stated they don't choose a race or lore figure who they feel needs some screen time, essentially, instead create a narrative and fill with the appropriate characters it requires. I feel the Draenei are being reserved for anything legion related while the Worgen are better suited for any conflict that may arise involving maybe the Alliance vs The Forsaken or Lorderon from an Alliance perspective.
    Wells thats the thing, the Worgen are fighting in Trisfal and the Dreanei were ready to leave the alliance not too long ago. Plus the population of the Dreanei already make them a rarity.
    In fact lets take a look at the rest of the Alliance
    The NE's are slowly becoming a endangered race (quicker as the years go on)
    The Gnomes are an endangered race.
    And the Dwarfs are one of the more populated species on Azeroth.
    "I just wanted them to hand us our award! But they were just talk!, talk!, talk!......" - Wrathion

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Landin55 View Post
    I love the Alliance, I hate Alliance players. This thread reinforces that even more.
    Yes let's blindly assume the stories perfect.

So far I think the most interesting npc of 5.1 is that dwarf npc called Goldenshin or something who asks if you're staring at his shoes.
    Fly fast, stay low, hit hard.
    You'd think the 8th Anniversary was the Cheese Anniversary to go with all the whine.
    - madethisfor1post

Ravenholdt EU - Nice Toons: Frazzlebeard, Menardis, Plight - Less So: Slîght

I like it. And if you think you can do better without fucking lore straight in the hole (let jus put worgen and Draenei eberwere!) Please go ahead.

hmm so 5.2 will be like molten front quest, healing up the archdruid, deja vu

10+ Year Old Account
    I like it. And if you think you can do better without fucking lore straight in the hole (let jus put worgen and Draenei eberwere!) Please go ahead.
    Racial diversity in the story is a problem, it can make it drab and boring if it's the same race getting spotlight after spotlight which is sadly what we're pretty much seeing.
    Draenei story has not progressed in game since TBC. Worgen story doesn't progress past their starting zones as Alliance. These are problems.

They can so obviously do better. Look at the Horde's diversity. Heck they have twice as many racial leaders on Pandaria than the Alliance.

---------- Post added 2012-12-02 at 08:59 AM ----------

Wells thats the thing, the Worgen are fighting in Trisfal and the Dreanei were ready to leave the alliance not too long ago. Plus the population of the Dreanei already make them a rarity.
    In fact lets take a look at the rest of the Alliance
    The NE's are slowly becoming a endangered race (quicker as the years go on)
    The Gnomes are an endangered race.
    And the Dwarfs are one of the more populated species on Azeroth.
    I'd buy the "rare" race argument if it weren't for the fact the two races getting some of the most spotlight in the Horde questing weren't Trolls or Blood Elves.
    However the race being rare does not stop a Racial leader from being involved.
    Last edited by Scummer; 2012-12-02 at 09:08 AM.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Scummer View Post
    Racial diversity in the story is a problem, it can make it drab and boring if it's the same race getting spotlight after spotlight which is sadly what we're pretty much seeing.
    Draenei story has not progressed in game since TBC. Worgen story doesn't progress past their starting zones as Alliance. These are problems.

They can so obviously do better. Look at the Horde's diversity.

---------- Post added 2012-12-02 at 08:59 AM ----------

I'd buy the "rare" race argument if it weren't for the fact the two races getting some of the most spotlight in the Horde questing weren't Trolls or Blood Elves.
    The truth though is that Warcraft has always been Humen vs Orcs. Sure we have the other races but they are the secondary characters.

With the expanding universe over the years we did get the other races become protagonists, but still, do not forget that this game began its life as Humen vs Orcs and those are still the main races.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Firann View Post
    The truth though is that Warcraft has always been Humen vs Orcs. Sure we have the other races but they are the secondary characters.

With the expanding universe over the years we did get the other races become protagonists, but still, do not forget that this game began its life as Humen vs Orcs and those are still the main races.
    Yes Humans and Orcs should be the main two races, and I didn't say they shouldn't.
    But they shouldn't be the only races, and the other races shouldn't just be used as cannon fodder to progress said race eg.Night Elves. Each race should have their own side story while Humans and Orcs are the bulk of the story.
    We're seeing this clear as day with the Horde story, where the Orcs are the centre of attention meanwhile the other races are doing their own thing to cope the Orcs actions.
    Currently the non Human Alliance races just feel forgotten and it's a shame.

10+ Year Old Account
    This, as an horde player, is a true issue.

We have all of the horde races involved in MoP, with unique storylines, except for the forsaken (which is a shame, cause the mogu magic of turning stine into flesh and binding spirits would be awesome for the forsaken) orcs are in everything, Trolls have the Vol'jin plot, Goblin are the engineering force behind the domination offensive, blood elves have the reliquary and the whole Lor'themar plot, Tauren have the Dawnchaser plotline (which was very touching) and forsaken have Shademaster Kyrin? not much

But the alliance only has Humans, dwarves with the explorer's guild, gnomes as the engineering force, and night elves with the Dawnchaser equivalent force and the events of 5.1. Draenei and Worgen are just mobs, It seems that even the high elves get more development with the Dalaran thing.

It's really a shame that blizzard doesn't seems to have the will the write draenei and worgen into the story, when the possibilities are great. It makes both races seem superfluous at the end.

Quote Originally Posted by GuniorBinda View Post
    I guess 5.1 is only a small patch in the story-telling of Mists, made to introduce Alliance and Horde forces to Pandaria, the Mogu and the Sha. I think 5.2 will be the 'main story patch' before the Siege of Orgrimmar.
    There are huge hints and giveaways that 5.1 was supposed to be part of Mists Launch. Icons, Buffs (sporebad buff was copy paste of Shadow form), balance issues and most of all the TOTALLY EMPTY Krassarang wilds.

Blizzard cut 5.1 content to ship the game earlier is what it seems.

On topic: There has to be a Garrosh-esque Draenei warrior. Someone who survived the horrors of the Orcish genocide on Draenor and wants to kill every last Orc man, woman and child. Would be cool for Dreanei to succumb to Hatered and Anger and Morph in to something new. They mutate really fast (eredar, broken, draenei are mutataions of a base race). It would have brough the whole race out of the goodie 2 shoe role they have spent the last 5 years in.

I am a former Draenei player myself and want more done with them. Their fight with the Legion in future patches will not be enough to make them a 3 dimensional race. Just same old

Deleted
    Well, I agree somewhat with you OP, but its very likely that the Draenei are going to be in major spotlight with the upcoming Legion expansion.
    As for the Worgen, they surely could use more attention. It's quite hard tho throwing them into the mix, their backstory is heavily Undead-related.
    Last edited by mmoc785ca38ad1; 2012-12-02 at 11:18 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by checking facts View Post
    there isn't much forsaken activity either. we just have to wait our turns.
    I think the main reason why the Forsaken haven't showed up yet, is because Garrosh dislikes the Plague and their race as a whole. Involving the Forsaken would mean involving Sylvanas, who hasn't got an excellent reputation with Garrosh. Same thing with Vol'Jin in 5.1 when Garrosh told him he didn't bring the trolls to Pandaria because he dislikes them.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Firann View Post

Yes, it started on that. And it was that in WC1 and 2. In WC3 it wasn't about that anymore. In WoW it wasn't about that. In all the expansions it wasn't about that. Since WC2 the game changed so much in all aspects it's not the same anymore. And the main races shouldn't be orcs and humans anymore either.