Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sydänyö View Post
    e-peen meter
    Working as intended? It's designed to be a show-offy place for bragging rights.
    Steve Irwin died the same way he lived. With animals in his heart.

Quote Originally Posted by Ayonel View Post
    I thought about it a bit, and I think this is no-win for Blizzard in a couple of respects.

My understanding of Brawler's Guild is that it will let the very best players show off the same skills they use in those insane YouTube videos like the ones with the hunter or DK soloing insane boss fights, but do it with people watching. By its very nature, this will exclude the vast majority of WoW players because we aren't the best, don't have the best gear, and aren't tight enough in our execution or knowledge of boss fights.

Where this is hard for Blizzard is that since this is the cool new thing, everybody wants in, everybody wants the rewards, and everybody thinks that since they are paying they should have access.

So, how do you create high profile, special content for the elite few, but let everybody have it?
    Only people who feel inadequate with their on peen equate everything in peen measurements. It was never intended for the masses. But it was never intended for just "raiders". LFR gear does just fine. And that's not classifying someone as a "raider". Quit being an angry little person.

And anyone can get in. Invites do drop from mobs. And anyone that isn't incompetent can get down the first 6.
    Last edited by Last Starfighter; 2012-12-01 at 10:34 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Last Starfighter View Post
    LFR gear does just fine.
    Nope, not after a certain point.

Quote Originally Posted by Dreknar20 View Post
    People who are better than you deserve better rewards, simple as that
    *highfives Drek*
    OP please don't ask for nerfs to this content, it's designed for high caliber players whom can handle and adapt to situations making full use of their tool kit. It's a personal challenge, which means you can't just run in, blow all CDs and expect to win. Not for all fights anyways.

15+ Year Old Account
    From what I understand Brawler's Guild is working as intended:

What Brawler’s Guild Is
    A fun, but small diversion that could grow in time
    A venue for a realm’s community to come together
    A unique way to earn some solo PvE bragging rights
    A cool place to hang out

What Brawler’s Guild Isn’t
    A means of solo progression
    A major patch feature accessible to everyone (at first)
    A way to earn lots of in-game rewards
    Proving Grounds where you can develop class skills (that’s a different feature arriving later on)
    Source: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/7004406077

Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    It's a system in which things get more difficult as you work up through the ranks. There's no particular reward as such so it's not terribly surprising that you need better gear in the later ranks than you can get by with in the earlier ranks.

As well, I would question the idea that content designed to play solo should be the exclusive province of solo-only players. There's nothing at all wrong with content that encourages someone to go out and do other parts of the game to get a better advantage. That applies to the Brawler's Guild and the arguments going on about having to do BG's for the legendary. People might not like it but there's nothing wrong about designing things so that they relate to each other and poke players into doing something they've never done before or for a very long time.
    The fights are retard checks, not gear checks. If you are in dungeon blues and you can learn and execute the fights you can beat them. Most of the fights have insta-kill events that will kill you if you are stupid no matter what gear you have. Yeah a person in great gear will be able to finish the fight after beating the mechanism 15 times while you may take 18 times.. but really, once you know the fight you know the fight, having to do something 3 extra times is not a big deal.

The bigger problem is pet classes, or classes like shaman or DKs who have CD pets. Army of Dead trivializes most of the fights along with fire ellies. I´ve been in the Guild for a couple days, and those guys just breeze through fights. You see a rogue or warrior and you almost feel pity. I am curious if someone has yet run through the armory to see what classes are getting highest rankes. I am guessing hunters and DKs.. and DKS not for the self healing, but for Army. Every DK I have seen fight, pops Army right away.

10+ Year Old Account
    Isn't the brawler's guild just there for fun/bragging rights? I didn't think there was any sort of gear advantage to getting in? Why get so bent out of shape about it? You'll all get in and eventually have better gear to allow you to complete it. Invites are already plummeting in price on my server, started out in the 50-100k range, now down to the 7500-10k range.
    Let's make America GREAT again. Trump 2016.

The community whined and bitched and cried, they stamped their little feet and demanded faster expansion releases. They don't get to complain now that expansions are shorter.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolfsage View Post
    Do you have any half-valid evidence to back that up other than what your uncle told you?
    Are you so new to the game you never heard of sites like http://www.wowprogress.com?

Quote Originally Posted by Windfury View Post
    That said CRZ killed the fight club for me, there's hundreds of people in mine when I've gone to try and it's literally too laggy for my international connection to handle. After buying the invite I can't even fight. They whole thing feels very badly implemented, especially considering all the 'bringing the realm together' crap they said when it was announced. I don't think I've seen a single person from my realm inside, should have just instanced it individually.
    I said from the start this will make it a dead horse before the race even begun... but hey as long as 1% of the players are happy...

Quote Originally Posted by Seregon View Post
    From what I understand Brawler's Guild is working as intended:
    Brawler’s Guild Is a venue for a realm’s community to come together
    Joke of the day considering CRZ....

Well really in a 470 ilvl you should be fine doing all the bosses up to r8. R8 requires about 100k dps sustained over the course of the fight to meet 3/4 enrages, which is doable in around a 495 ilvl (full normal modes). If you're in full raid finder you still have access to 100% of the content you just might only be able to complete 7/8ths of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Roggles View Post
    Nope, not after a certain point.
    The first 7 you can do in LFR gear. That sounds like alot of content within that "non raiders" can do. So that's till full content.

Quote Originally Posted by Sydänyö View Post
    Being one of 25 people who follow a schedule and know how to move out of the fire is the same as "very best players?"

Or do you mean people with the best gear?

Either way, your concept of "best" is flawed at best. Doesn't being one of the very best players mean you're an awesome player, not that your gear is good?

Before I spend tens of thousands for an invite, I'd like to know I have a snowflakes chance in hell, regardless of how fucking awesome I am as a human being and a player, of ever clearing this shit. Right now, it seems like some e-peen candy designed for raiders.
    You are wrong, and I almost guarantee that at some point one of these ´best´ players is going to post a video of them beating the top tier encounters in dungeon blues similar to the way guilds usted to do it during raiding. These fights are about mechanisms, not dps checks. they are nothing more than overland rares on steroids. Doesn´t matter what gear you have, if you stand in front of the mantis, you are going to die quick during bladestorm.

Quote Originally Posted by Azrile View Post
    You are wrong, and I almost guarantee that at some point one of these ´best´ players is going to post a video of them beating the top tier encounters in dungeon blues similar to the way guilds usted to do it during raiding. These fights are about mechanisms, not dps checks. they are nothing more than overland rares on steroids. Doesn´t matter what gear you have, if you stand in front of the mantis, you are going to die quick during bladestorm.
    Battletron requires 80k dps before he blows you up and mobility.
    Milihouse requires a similar check

I'll finish the fights this weekend but still
    Blues? good joke.

Quote Originally Posted by Fummockelchen View Post
    Really odd, as I visited twice today and the first time, the place was completely empty, and the second time I only saw very familiar names from my own server, plus a couple of my own guildies. The queue was just cycled through by about 7 different people, and no one had to wait very long for their turn. Which isn't to say super long queues aren't happening, but so far, they're not a problem everywhere yet. I can easily imagine things getting out of hand further down the road when more people have had time to get in and work through the ranks. I rather hope we get more fighting pits; as an observer, I wouldn't mind having to wander a bit, while a variety of people fight concurrently. When there are enough people that queue times are ridiculous, it'd be nice to offer those waiting a) a shorter queue time, and b) SOME choice in who they're stuck having to watch.

10+ Year Old Account

Brawler's Guild and CRZ

Quote Originally Posted by Fummockelchen View Post
    Partially. I expected them to use CRZ to populate the Brawler's Guild at first and was surprised when they started talking about bringing the realm together. For that matter, if the Brawler's Guild over time got to be overly popular with many people wanting to participate (say more than 50), I had imagined that something like CRZ would be used to split them (and still do).

But that said, after a while when there's more invites out there and making an assumption that there's enough interest on a realm to have 15-20 people in there at any one point (questionable assumption but we'll see), you'll likely see people from other realms less and less.

So go back in a few months and have a look. I'm somewhat inclined to give Blizzard a break on this since it's not like anything else they've done in the game. They'll look at it and change it to the extent they think it needs to be changed.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

Quote Originally Posted by Chirri View Post
    Really odd, as I visited twice today and the first time, the place was completely empty, and the second time I only saw very familiar names from my own server, plus a couple of my own guildies.
    Same on my server. Has been deactivated since last night. I personally thought that it was better before that as there are only about 20 people or even less now actually fighting. Some sort of compromise would have been nice.
    Last edited by cFortyfive; 2012-12-01 at 11:00 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mswhiskerson View Post
    Gear normalisation should have been such a no-brainer for Blizzard on this content.
    ^^ This. ^^

It's not like healers will out of nowhere have enough DPS to down such fights.

And no, not everyone has a DPS spec especially if they play both PvE and PvP (I have 2 Holy specs for that reason. One for pure healing; second for PvP/questing...and damn will I add 15+ more pieces of gear without a gear locker to hold them).
    From the #1 Cata review on Amazon.com: "Blizzard's greatest misstep was blaming players instead of admitting their mistakes.
    They've convinced half of the population that the other half are unskilled whiners, causing a permanent rift in the community."

Deleted
    I think they should be normalising gear, otherwise it's not really a "test your skills" arena is it?

What's going to happen when the next tier comes out? Either they buff the bosses or they become trivial. Brawlers' Guild isn't a bad idea in theory but it needs some polishing

Quote Originally Posted by Chirri View Post
    Really odd, as I visited twice today and the first time, the place was completely empty, and the second time I only saw very familiar names from my own server, plus a couple of my own guildies. The queue was just cycled through by about 7 different people, and no one had to wait very long for their turn. Which isn't to say super long queues aren't happening, but so far, they're not a problem everywhere yet. I can easily imagine things getting out of hand further down the road when more people have had time to get in and work through the ranks. I rather hope we get more fighting pits; as an observer, I wouldn't mind having to wander a bit, while a variety of people fight concurrently. When there are enough people that queue times are ridiculous, it'd be nice to offer those waiting a) a shorter queue time, and b) SOME choice in who they're stuck having to watch.
    I work during the week and don't play then, so I only picked my invite up yesterday. I spent a few hours down there, after the first fight (where you get bumped up the queue) it was a 1.5 hour wait on fights, and I was dead before my screen even showed I'd been zoned into the ring, the whole thing was so lagged to hell (I'm not actually exaggerating when I say hundreds of people there at any one time). It's not people on my server filling it up though, there were no familiar names at all, just douches from offserver who were being jerks to everyone over their own queues. Really disappointing tbh.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by laserguns View Post
    I think they should be normalising gear, otherwise it's not really a "test your skills" arena is it?

What's going to happen when the next tier comes out? Either they buff the bosses or they become trivial. Brawlers' Guild isn't a bad idea in theory but it needs some polishing
    Maybe the eventual plan is to go to normalized gear or they could simply add more ranks. One thing I left out of my earlier post is that to say that Blizzard will watch and change it as it goes along and matures is not news and nothing new. I do wish more people would stop acting as if the way it is the first week out of the gate is the way it's always going to be, never-changing and therefore entirely worthless. I don't see that happening. It looks like it's already being tweaked here and there.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

Quote Originally Posted by laserguns View Post
    After reading this thread, specifically a part from a blue post that Seregon quoted, I don't think it's about "skill" anyway. It's merely just a way for people to show off how much gear they got.

Apparently, scaling is hard. But I guess they might try their hands at it later.