Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    It's not supposed to be equal though, or for everyone. Think of it like the PvE equivalent to arena. Not everyone are gladiators, duelists or rivals - just as not everyone gets to rank 8 - and that is completely okay.
    Armory
    Twitter
    Altered-Time.com - the #1 Mage Theorycrafting community.

10+ Year Old Account
    As a paladin I smite evil, and sure not nice to undead or traitors called BEFs.

You're not helping to tell others what they should/should not carry, it's rude. That's like going into your wallet and telling you to throw/put away stuff you find important. You sure wouldn't be happy about it.
    I wasn't telling you to do anything. You were complaining about bag space, I gave you a suggestion of what to do and you snapped at me Kevyne, don't try and turn this around. You have a habit of being full of anger and negative emotions on these forums.

And honestly I think for something NEW people would be more lenient.
    Last edited by Aeluron Lightsong; 2012-12-02 at 04:47 AM.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

PvE content requiring PvE gear. Shocking.

Quote Originally Posted by mswhiskerson View Post
    Raiding requires (in almost all cases) you to be available at specific times on specific days. Some people's lives do not allow for that.
    Hi.
    Do you realise you're playing an MMO? Which is all about time-investment.
    I dont think you do.

Think about it.
    Bye.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    You can get to rank 7 and half way through rank 7 with pretty mediocre gear.

Almost all of them before that are very light DPS checks with lots of gimmicks.

The only ones for raiders are the rank 8 ones which require you to sustain 81-88k DPS over two minutes.

I don't think it's terrible for one tier of bosses to be exclusive to raiders. I mean, when you get full valor gear and upgrade a handful of it you will be able to beat the same bosses that the highest DPS raiders are dealing with right now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron View Post
    I wasn't telling you to do anything. You were complaining about bag space, I gave you a suggestion of what to do and you snapped at me Kevyne, don't try and turn this around. You have a habit of being full of anger and negative emotions on these forums.
    Moral: it's none of your business.

On the internet there's no inflection, but a lot of projective identification.
    From the #1 Cata review on Amazon.com: "Blizzard's greatest misstep was blaming players instead of admitting their mistakes.
    They've convinced half of the population that the other half are unskilled whiners, causing a permanent rift in the community."

10+ Year Old Account

I still think you're being rude by trying to bite my head off. You made mention of your bags and I gave you a suggestion. There is moral ground here for you Kevyne, you nearly bit my head off when you responded to me.

Honestly I think people should wait and give this Brawler's guild a chance.
    Last edited by Aeluron Lightsong; 2012-12-02 at 04:59 AM.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Honestly I don't see why the OP is complaining. This isn't something for EVERYONE, and they have pretty much out right said that.

And to those that are saying that not having the time to play a lot doesn't make you worse then someone who does. You are wrong. This game is not something that you can get good at playing only a few hours a week. You will not only not have the gear, but you won't have the skill, or the knowledge of your class to perform at the same level as those that do.

The Brawlers guild is essentially a way to do solo raiding, without going to old content and doing it yourself. I don't see why people think that it should be easy. Especially since just doing dailies will eventually get you enough valor to clear the content, which you honestly shouldn't be getting if you aren't raiding, so feel lucky that they came up with content for those people that complained about not getting good gear because they can't raid.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TonyIommi View Post
    LOL that cracked me up. Thank you sir. Without knowing a damn thing about the OP you've assessed that raiders are better than him.
    His point was you dont have to be a raider to quite easily succeed. Rank 8 with only 1 piece of valor gear and 3 476 crafted here, perhaps it's just more about moderate gear/skill, not every part of the game is suited for everybody, thats why pet battles were added for those who maybe arent able to do tougher content

Deleted
    I just wanted to reply to the actual thread about brawlers guild not possible for non-highend-raiders. I personally achieved rank 8 with a twink (Enhancer to be precise) with an average ilvl of 475. With this particular char i cleared MSV on normal difficulty and the first boss in HoF and I've killed these bosses twice, thats it. For the last 4 bosses in Brawler's Guild it is quite challenging, not impossible though even with my gearlevel.

Btw just be glad that you are not able to kill every single npc in Brawler's Guild within a day 'cause imo its quite refreshing again to have a challenge outside of heroic hardcore-raiding or 2200+ arena.

the brawler guild is all about solo combat. if you aren't tough, if you aren't geared, then maybe you should just be happy with the nosebleeds or learn to play

10+ Year Old Account
    Whine more. Crying about not being able to complete something because you actually have to be properly equipped to do so is the lowest form of WoW worthlessness.
    And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.
    Revelation 6:8

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Damerflinn View Post
    The Brawlers guild is essentially a way to do solo raiding, without going to old content and doing it yourself.
    Which means it should be available for healers to even solo, since we can solo older raids.
    From the #1 Cata review on Amazon.com: "Blizzard's greatest misstep was blaming players instead of admitting their mistakes.
    They've convinced half of the population that the other half are unskilled whiners, causing a permanent rift in the community."

Quote Originally Posted by Snaige View Post
    More like a guild for everyone except who is a tank/healer -.- Had to delete tank spec, respec dps and then get dps gear...out of somewhere
    My dualspec is tank-healer.

Fuck
    Stulti se laudant.
    Minecraft Survival Server: 203.206.166.219:25565
    http://www.youtube.com/user/fpiceail

Quote Originally Posted by Kevyne-Shandris View Post

Typically when i respond to someone with a problem I like to offer a solution. Many people have taken your problem with the brawlers guild and given you a pretty open ended solution. This solution involves your utilization of bag space, and how you could possibly free space for a third set of gear, or fourth, or whatever number you seem to carry around with you.

Your responses have been to the tune of "I don't want your advice, and stop being nosy". All I have seen you say over and over again is that you want some form of equipment only bag, so you don't have to carry around unequipped gearsets. I won't argue as to whether or not this is a good idea, but don't you think you should make do until the time such an idea is implemented? Rather than complaining just toss a few items in the bank and live with a little inconvenience when you need those items. Did you play when mounts and vanity pets all took space in your bags? Did it stop you from tackling molten core because not having room for new gear was ridiculous?

Anyhow, I understand the frustration that this is a DPS-centric portion of the game. I guess it kinda goes with the territory of "Brawlers Guild". As a tank, im sure i will just ignore it and know that my place to shine is in the content, where it is my name fighting the boss constantly.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Elgand View Post
    Typically when i respond to someone with a problem I like to offer a solution.
    A solution is called: Gear locker.

Pure and simple.

I brick walled at Battletron...all dat HP!!!

Problem is people are whiners.

Without enrage timers, tanks could roll in there and easily beat all those bosses and then the DPS would cry about how unfair it is and how OP blood DKs are and all that usual rubbish. So they had to put in enrage timers so tight that tanks cannot do it at the upper levels. This makes you need to have high end gear to compete and accomplish it.

Gear normalization would've been a good route, but they don't want to do that a lot because if there are too many things that don't require you to grind constantly on the gear treadmill people will stop playing long term.

Look at it this way, you can kill the lower bosses in garbage gear, just think of the higher levels of brawler's guild as raider's only.

You can participate, you just can't be the best. It's no different than expecting to be the best in PVP without the best pvp gear.

Bottom line though, brawler's guild is just a half-assed, unrealized, unthoughtout idea in the first place. Their methods of getting invites out was a stupid idea. Having it crossrealm to increase queue times to outrageous lengths was a stupid idea. Having enrage timers and forcing only DPS to participate was a stupid idea. Requiring the best gear to get even moderate way through was a stupid idea.

It was supposed to be something for solo players to do, but they will brickwall very early if they are solo players because they cant get the gear needed to progress.

This is just one of those little features blizz farted out to pretend they're giving us more content than they did in cata.
    Last edited by Dasani; 2012-12-02 at 07:45 AM.
    I like ponies and I really don't care what you have to say about that.

so many people fail to see how easy they'll be in 5.2. people clear it in normal raid gear now, heroic raid geared probably have a pretty easy time up to rank 8. imagine how supereasy it will be with 5.2 lfr/raid gear. seriously... as with other additions to the game this expansion tehy're not meant to last ONE patch, but the rest of the xpac.

You can always wait for next tier to make the gearing issue trivial ?

[Not done it yet so can't judge, but I've put serious raiding on hold for this expansion so far... but I'm LFR/VP geared.