Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    The Leaderboard? I see. I was wondering if anyone has collected all the information across all realms, and given a total # of characters that have finished any challenge mode.
    Few would, as like RBGs, they have to be formed manually.

The game has become so anonymous that systems like that has to be queued, or it won't be done.

Watch if it was, it will be used...then.
    From the #1 Cata review on Amazon.com: "Blizzard's greatest misstep was blaming players instead of admitting their mistakes.
    They've convinced half of the population that the other half are unskilled whiners, causing a permanent rift in the community."

Quote Originally Posted by Sydänyö View Post
    Enjoying working towards a goal and being a raider should not be the same thing. Why is it that there's this mentality that if you don't raid, you don't put time and effort into the game? Getting the Insane when it was first implemented didn't require you to be a raider, yet I'm sure nobody can say it didn't require time and effort. Clearly then there's a way of giving a reward for time spent and effort put into the game, other than being a raider.
    I never said if you don't raid, you don't put time and effort into the game. If you like spending all your time killing mobs for rep and a title, cool beans. Just don't start bitching when content you aren't prepared for is released. "Oh, you worked at McDonalds for 20 years?! Of course you're qualified to be the next President!"

There's a reason why raiders are the minority in this game. I'm sure a part of it is being able to avoid pools while shooting those bolts from that dark corner in some raid somewhere, but a big part of it is that all people aren't pack animals, sheeple, and all people aren't content in being lead by someone. There's a large group of people who are individuals, and who'd rather do whatever the hell they themselves want to do, than to take orders and say "sir, yes sir!" Thus, the mindset that the only way to play an MMO is to belong to some community, to be a team player, is even more ridiculous.
    Wow, you really milked that one! "sir, yes sir!" really? It sounds like you've had some bad experiences in raiding guilds, if you've even raided. You should not make assumptions about all raiding environments. Every single one is different.

I'm sure there are awesome raid tanks, healers, raid leaders, and such out there, who deserve all the praise they can get, but simply being a raider, simply having that status, the status of a raider, does not somehow elevate one to some higher level of being. For all we know, said raider could be some completely average Joe being carried by 24 other people, yet he gets all the same rewards and all the same glory.
    Simply being a raider sure doesn't elevate one to a higher level. Being an exceptional one does though. It's pretty damned easy to separate the good from the bad. Those bad raiders certainly are not recognized as good players and do not receive the same rewards.

People who come to this thread to tell me, or tell someone else, that we want shit for free, are complete morons. No we do not. We want to work for shit, we want to put blood, sweat and tears into getting shit. We just don't want to be a part of some group with 24 teenage boys screaming into Ventrilo.
    Another assumption... all raiders are teenage boys? You won't find a single person under the age of 20 in my guild. Our ages range from 20 to 50. It seems like you just tell yourself these things without even experiencing them. Or maybe you just haven't put in enough effort to find the right group of people.

---------- Post added 2012-12-03 at 06:35 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Ashlan View Post
    im at ilvl480 and im stuck at the first boss of rank7 , maybe i havent tried it much yet and get the mechanic but i agree with OP having this "solo" content requisite ilvl509 heroic gear is not logic at all....
    Not everyone is meant to reach rank 8, although getting there is relatively simple if you spend time preparing for it. AKA acquiring decent gear and learning basic mechanics. (Yes, some class combos just suck for some bosses.) Rank 7 bosses do not require 509 gear... Rank 8 bosses are much harder. I'm ilvl 492 and I feel that only one of the rank 8 bosses is do-able for me at this point. You don't see me complaining that the content isn't easy enough for me, though.
    Last edited by Babytaco; 2012-12-03 at 02:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kane49 View Post
    Sure, mine have a heartstone a mining pick and a blacksmiths hammer.
    Use a Goblin Army Knife and you free up another bag slot!

Deleted
    The comparisons used here are pretty silly - players vs lvl 90 content.

To get a realistic comparisons you'd need to see:

Accounts with a level 90 toon : Players Raiding

I think, then you'd find the ratio would be much higher than 5:1

I haven't stepped into LFR yet but as the game's changed so have my priorities, only just dinged 90 a few weeks ago etc. so we'll see how I fare in the Brawlers Guild as it is something I'd like to try out

"I've not personally gotten an invite yet, so I can't say anything from personal experience"... This shouldn't be the basis for any meaningful thread,
    and thats where you should have stopped. Dont QQ because you cant afford an invite and have no gear. Put your nose to earning some cash and getting geared or enjoy the games from the sidelines. You shouldnt get to do everything in the game simply because you want to.. some things should be earned by merit or skill. This is just another thread from the new breed of wow players that feel entitled to have the best gear and access to everything simply by logging in. I hear the same type of QQing in BGs from under geared, inexperienced players that cant accept the fact that sometimes you lose. Have an issue.. heres a tissue. People like this are ruining Wow.

I've got two whole Stone Guard kills in 10m Normal under my belt and I'm rank 7 in Brawler's guild. Other than that, all I've done is a smattering of LFR, and some Galleon and Sha kills as well. So no, you don't need to be a "raider" to progress in the Guild.

You only need to be a raider to do rank 8 fights, and probably Battletron.

Other than that dungeon gear with some crafted and LFR pieces are fine.

40-50k dps with good situational awareness, interrupts and stuns will get you to rank 7. Leper gnomes and Icehowl's twin were the only ones where it required a little more dps.

This is the most fun i have had for a while, everyone forms a raid group for buffs and food. Rezzes and heals people when they come out, discusses strategy and offers suggestions and has fun with people from other realms. If you want to truly solo content, raids don't require groups any more.

I am a 478 BM/WW monk and am working on the second fight in rank 7, stupid ghosts with insane melee range spawning on top of me...
    Last edited by Dietrik; 2012-12-04 at 02:42 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Babytaco View Post
    Another assumption... all raiders are teenage boys? You won't find a single person under the age of 20 in my guild. Our ages range from 20 to 50. It seems like you just tell yourself these things without even experiencing them. Or maybe you just haven't put in enough effort to find the right group of people.
    Well, it is a pretty close idea. Some of the worst offenders in game I've seen were in their late 20s. Out of college; not married; no kids = no responsibilities and it showed.

I'm also not interested in the drug and alcohol talk to rampant in raid guilds, either.
    From the #1 Cata review on Amazon.com: "Blizzard's greatest misstep was blaming players instead of admitting their mistakes.
    They've convinced half of the population that the other half are unskilled whiners, causing a permanent rift in the community."

I like that there is an element of challenge involved. People want content that they can soak up and faceroll in a week, so they can then complain there needs to be more content in the game. So many people now want instant gratification, and when they can't blow through it they want it nerfed. What ever happened to enjoying taking the time to complete things.....this is an MMO. By design things should be challenging and take time.

That being said, the only thing I do not like about it.......I am a holy/disc specced healer. This makes the Brawlers guild next to impossible for me to do without completely farming a dps set/respeccing every time. There are a lot of mechanics in these fights, imo they need to increase or remove the enrage timers.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm sure you'll be able to play WoW just fine without the Fistweapon heirloom.
    Looking marvelous in velvet.

Quote Originally Posted by 4dahorde View Post
    That being said, the only thing I do not like about it.......I am a holy/disc specced healer. This makes the Brawlers guild next to impossible for me to do without completely farming a dps set/respeccing every time. There are a lot of mechanics in these fights, imo they need to increase or remove the enrage timers.
    Problem is if you remove the enrage you would trivialize it for dps and tank specs. Maybe have a gold, silver and bronze rank like challenge modes. Gold is less than 1m, silver is less than the current enrage and then bronze is 5m. You would only need bronze to progress, and then have some way to retry old bosses to improve your ranking.

I find that any time there's a high DPS requirement, the mechanics of the fight itself will help you out e.g. GG Engineering, the gnome and goblin.

It's more about doing the fight 'right' than meeting strict DPS requirements, in all honesty. At no point do I feel like my gear has helped me get through the fights. It's always been a matter of skill and/or learning the correct tactics.

Also, remember that there are potions you can buy from the quartermaster to give you a boost in DPS. Eh, maybe when I'm rank 8 I'll build an ilevel 463 gearset to prove that you don't need raiding gear. See how that turns out.

Deleted
    I don't get why people complain about stuff like this, when they can easily just NOT do it. Yes, you may need more gear to reach the highest rank, but that's the fun in it.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevyne-Shandris View Post
    I'm also not interested in the drug and alcohol talk to rampant in raid guilds, either.
    You've seen bad guilds and assume all of them are the same. They're not. Proof is in my guild, a personal anecdote to counter yours.

Rampant drug and alcohol talk? Really? I don't see that at all. Yeah, sometimes people will talk about going out on a weekend, and sometimes you'll get people logging in whilst drunk (which is always hilarious), but that's, y'know, what people do.

While I agree with the overall point(the Brawler's Guild was advertised as a "test of skill" and everything leading up to it's release would indicate that gear wasn't the most important thing, which it is), my Paladin has never stepped foot into a regular raid this tier and I'm sitting at a 470 ilevel with two valor pieces, three LFR pieces and a handful of heroic items(and one embarassing ilevel 430 pair of pants that I just can't get a drop to replace) and I made it to rank 8.

Rank 8 is going to gut you like a fish(like it does me) if you're not raid geared with the ridiculous sustained DPS requirements, but by that point you've already gotten every single reward the guild has to offer except for wang waving rights.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dietrik View Post
    Problem is if you remove the enrage you would trivialize it for dps and tank specs. Maybe have a gold, silver and bronze rank like challenge modes. Gold is less than 1m, silver is less than the current enrage and then bronze is 5m. You would only need bronze to progress, and then have some way to retry old bosses to improve your ranking.
    Or just have it spawn bosses depending on spec.
    "Only Jack can zip up."
    The word you want to use is "have" not "of".
    You may have alot of stuff in your country, but we got Lolland.

Quote Originally Posted by Ogretron View Post
    I love how the LOLHARDCORE raiders expect everything to be theirs and theirs alone simply because they have a higher ilevel.
    This made me laugh so hard I nearly hit the floor XD Raiders expects everything to be theirs? Do you see raiders making topics about the sunsong ranch being to casual?

All the topics in this category are made by LOLCASUAL players that want everything so easy they can do it with their hands tied adn eyes closed. Whenever anything and everything that requires some time or dedication goes live, the Casual player forces march onto the forums demanding that this shit be nerfed! o/

The ONLY thing the hardcore players have are HC mode raidbosses, other then that the entire game is casual based. Then this one thing gets introduced where everyone cant roflstomp their way through and what happends? Casuals assemble!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kisho View Post
    You've seen bad guilds and assume all of them are the same. They're not. Proof is in my guild, a personal anecdote to counter yours.

Rampant drug and alcohol talk? Really? I don't see that at all. Yeah, sometimes people will talk about going out on a weekend, and sometimes you'll get people logging in whilst drunk (which is always hilarious), but that's, y'know, what people do.
    The screenshot is from a 4+ hour long multiple raid guild flame fest in EQ2 (I've seen all this crap in multiple games, so yeah, it's frequent enough to be even a status quo). The members of the top raid guild (one of the top raid guilds in EQ2) broke off to start their own raid because the top guild were arrogant baffoons. The server really had fun over it all (why it lasted for over 4 hours) because it was a chance for PAYBACK. Nasty, arrogant and obnoxious folks who really needed the dressing down (they carried it to EQ2Flames and their guild leader got his wall of shame in the process -- raiders themselves gave him the black eye).

Quote Originally Posted by 4dahorde View Post
    I like that there is an element of challenge involved. People want content that they can soak up and faceroll in a week, so they can then complain there needs to be more content in the game. So many people now want instant gratification, and when they can't blow through it they want it nerfed. What ever happened to enjoying taking the time to complete things.....this is an MMO. By design things should be challenging and take time.

For all you dual-specced healers out there: also keep in mind that the Guild invites are account-wide, so you can always pick an alt that you want to work with instead. There are no rewards from the Guild that are in any way character-bound.

Quote Originally Posted by Chirri View Post
    Which isn't to say super long queues aren't happening, but so far, they're not a problem everywhere yet.
    I know it doesn't fix queue times, but there's an addon on Curse called Brawler that will ding when you are next in line.