Page 1 of 13
... LastLast
    Deleted

Brawler's Guild, more like Raider's Guild

So, apparently this newly implemented SOLO content is nothing more than an e-peen meter for geared raiders.

I've not personally gotten an invite yet, so I can't say anything from personal experience, but from what I've seen, apparently the later bosses require such high DPS amounts (combined with some survivability), that we're talking about high-end raid gear. People who have justice point gear, or PvP gear, seem to be getting shafted in this completely.

I was expecting this to be content that could be cleared by everyone, not just the raiding minority. Looks like I was wrong.

Anyone here not in heavy valor point gear who has reached rank 8? That would prove me wrong and show me that you don't need high-end raid gear to clear this content. Content, by the way, that was designed for SOLO playing.

I don't get your point?

If they make it so that a person kitted out in dungeon blues can finish it then people in raid gear are obviously going to faceroll it. Theres 2 possible solutions to this:
    1) Do what they did. This offers less geared people something to aim for, through skill or gear progression. SOLO players can still hit close to an ilevel of 500, it will just take crafted BoE epics, valor items and valor upgrades.
    2) Gear normalisation such as in challenge modes.

While I personally would have preferred option 2), the option they chose is perfectly valid. In either case progression is available through either path, it will just take non raiders longer.

In any case, deck a weekend warrior out in epics and they will still not meet the skill requirements needed to kill the later bosses (in most cases) so it pretty much invalidates your points.

Anyway, your whole post stinks of entitlement. God forbid blizzard introduces content with a high skillcap or gear requirement eh?

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    People who are better than you deserve better rewards, simple as that
    We have faced trials and danger, threats to our world and our way of life. And yet, we persevere. We are the Horde. We will not let anything break our spirits!"

So...the Brawler's Guild is exactly as what they advertised it as?

Deleted
    Looks like it's working as intended to me.

You can get valor without raiding, that wish of yours has been granted, yet the tears still flow.

Quote Originally Posted by Dreknar20 View Post
    People who are better than you deserve better rewards, simple as that
    LOL that cracked me up. Thank you sir. Without knowing a damn thing about the OP you've assessed that raiders are better than him.

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Working as intended OP; Get better gear or die to the enrage.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sydänyö View Post
    So, apparently this newly implemented SOLO content is nothing more than an e-peen meter for geared raiders.

I've not personally gotten an invite yet, so I can't say anything from personal experience, but from what I've seen, apparently the later bosses require such high DPS amounts (combined with some survivability), that we're talking about high-end raid gear. People who have justice point gear, or PvP gear, seem to be getting shafted in this completely.
    As solo content has always been. The mre gear you had, the more you could clear. You couldn't solo Lich King in Cata while having blues and a few epics, you needed what was the best at the time when Mione solo'd it (Firelands HC gear).

15+ Year Old Account
    Get better gear then.

Deleted
    See if you still view this as a problem in 5.3 when all the fights are over in seconds.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    The feature implemented for e-peen is bad... because it's nothing more then e-peen?

My brain.

Quote Originally Posted by TonyIommi View Post
    LOL that cracked me up. Thank you sir. Without knowing a damn thing about the OP you've assessed that raiders are better than him.
    Considering his QQ post shows his disregard on gearing options for non-raiders, ignorance of how the bosses aren't just gearcheck faceroll and seeming abhorrence against any kind of a challenge, I'd say we know enough of of him for that much to be pretty damn obvious.

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Felfury View Post
    See if you still view this as a problem in 5.3 when all the fights are over in seconds.
    They would likely put new stuff if anything

10+ Year Old Account
    More like a guild for everyone except who is a tank/healer -.- Had to delete tank spec, respec dps and then get dps gear...out of somewhere

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Deja Thoris View Post
    I don't get your point?

If they make it so that a person kitted out in dungeon blues can finish it then people in raid gear are obviously going to faceroll it. Theres 2 possible solutions to this:
    1) Do what they did. This offers less geared people something to aim for, through skill or gear progression. SOLO players can still hit close to an ilevel of 500, it will just take crafted BoE epics, valor items and valor upgrades.
    2) Gear normalisation such as in challenge modes.

While I personally would have preferred option 2), the option they chose is perfectly valid. In either case progression is available through either path, it will just take non raiders longer.

In any case, deck a weekend warrior out in epics and they will still not meet the skill requirements needed to kill the later bosses (in most cases) so it pretty much invalidates your points.

Anyway, your whole post stinks of entitlement. God forbid blizzard introduces content with a high skillcap or gear requirement eh?
    It's obvious you do get his point. You even suggest solutions to the issue he highlights.

Gear normalisation should have been such a no-brainer for Blizzard on this content. Then they're introducing something new that everyone can do while only being limited by their ability to play.

I think it's perfectly acceptable that he wants to do content that even Blizzard describe as solo to the same standard as people that outgear him assuming equal skill levels.

If anyone's post stinks of anything it is yours. Grouping the majority of people who don't have large amounts of time to play and suggesting they wouldn't have the skill to do it anyway given the same gear is tantamount to a troll coming in and saying "lol u casual u bad".

I'm sure my opinion here will differ from the majority, but I'm with you OP. I think everyone should be able to complete that content without raiding, spending huge amounts of gold or crafting every eipc under the sun as long as they have the skill to do it.

In 5.2, dungeon-only folks will likely have new gears that will let them handle these mobs.
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

Quote Originally Posted by mswhiskerson View Post
    Grouping the majority of people who don't have large amounts of time to play and suggesting they wouldn't have the skill to do it anyway given the same gear is tantamount to a troll coming in and saying "lol u casual u bad".
    It has never been that easy to get decked in top tier gear, it just takes a couple of hours per week. If you don't have a couple of hours per week, I don't see how you would have time to do Brawlers Guild.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Thatwsntmilk View Post
    It has never been that easy to get decked in top tier gear, it just takes a couple of hours per week. If you don't have a couple of hours per week, I don't see how you would have time to do Brawlers Guild.
    Raiding requires (in almost all cases) you to be available at specific times on specific days. Some people's lives do not allow for that.

It's obvious you do get his point. You even suggest solutions to the issue he highlights.

Gear normalisation should have been such a no-brainer for Blizzard on this content. Then they're introducing something new that everyone can do while only being limited by their ability to play.

I think it's perfectly acceptable that he wants to do content that even Blizzard describe as solo to the same standard as people that outgear him assuming equal skill levels.

If anyone's post stinks of anything it is yours. Grouping the majority of people who don't have large amounts of time to play and suggesting they wouldn't have the skill to do it anyway given the same gear is tantamount to a troll coming in and saying "lol u casual u bad".

I'm sure my opinion here will differ from the majority, but I'm with you OP. I think everyone should be able to complete that content without raiding, spending huge amounts of gold or crafting every eipc under the sun as long as they have the skill to do it.

I "get" what hes saying in the broadest terms. I don't get how he thinks though. It's always been a game about gear, just because theres one feature with normalisation in doesn't mean they will all get it. If that were the case why not normalise gear and talents for all raids?

Anyway, I stand by my points, we can agree to disagree.

Raiding requires (in almost all cases) you to be available at specific times on specific days. Some people's lives do not allow for that.
    If you can't raid normal/heroic due to that, you can still get decked in full LFR/Valor gear by just playing a couple of hours per week.