Poll: Which race would you prefer become playable?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Wow, I hated the Kodan on sight and none of my dealings with them since have altered that. Kind of surprised there are so many fans of them. O_o

I can't see myself playing any of those races except Largos (which are awesome :P), at least not based on their current in-game models.

Obvious choices would be Largos or Tengu. The rest just don't make much sense. The Dwarfs more or less have become ancient immortal guardians (dwindling), Mursaat might as well be extinct, Skritt.....no, and the Kodan are pretty much Norn's but...polar bears. Personally my choice would be Tengu, raptor eagle people? Can't go wrong. Unrealistic choice would be Dwarfs, what kind of medieval fantasy game doesn't have playable dwarfs!
    "I just wanted them to hand us our award! But they were just talk!, talk!, talk!......" - Wrathion

Skelington would adore Quaggan.

Quaggan, Tengu, Largos, and ogres (which apparently only I care about) would be more than welcome in my opinion.
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.
    Also, it's should HAVE. NOT "should of". "Should of" doesn't even make sense. If you think you should own a cat, do you say "I should of a cat" or "I should have a cat"? Do you HAVE cats, or do you OF cats?

10+ Year Old Account
    Dwarf does not really fit with GW2.

Quaggan, make it happen Anet!

Quote Originally Posted by rogerwilko View Post
    Dwarf does not really fit with GW2.
    How so? They are part of tyria lore if nothing else.
    I imagine that with expanding the world of tyria if looking at the in game map, and going by former content in the guild wars series, I can see a lot of exciting possibilities for nearly all races listed so far in this thread, and possibly some that slipped my mind as well.
    Yes it might be a bit beyond hopeful to think some of these will be playable, but I don't think it's entirely far fetched either. I can even see a plausible outcome for having dwarfs playable... At least going by the lore on the wiki. Same for a lot of the others. It's more of a why not rather than a impossibility.

Deleted
    I think Muursat and Dwarf seem the most interesting maybe Largos too but all three have some serious problems to being playable races the first two being all but extinct (I think?) and the 3rd being aquatic only (I think?)

Largos > Tengu > Mursaat > Kodan

10+ Year Old Account
    I voted all but dwarf and skritt (and other), dwarf wouldnt work because there is a finite number of them now, they dont reproduce and are all made of stone now.... as for skritt, without an army of them they are dumb as a door knob and hardly know how to hold a sword let alone be smart enough to be worth while for the rest of us...

---------- Post added 2012-12-02 at 11:19 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Nexrex View Post
    How so? They are part of tyria lore if nothing else.
    I imagine that with expanding the world of tyria if looking at the in game map, and going by former content in the guild wars series, I can see a lot of exciting possibilities for nearly all races listed so far in this thread, and possibly some that slipped my mind as well.
    Yes it might be a bit beyond hopeful to think some of these will be playable, but I don't think it's entirely far fetched either. I can even see a plausible outcome for having dwarfs playable... At least going by the lore on the wiki. Same for a lot of the others. It's more of a why not rather than a impossibility.
    Anet themselves said there are almost no dwarves left, almost no dwarves means they cant really be playable...
    Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    Youre in the mmo forums and you find mmos boring, Im heading on over to the twilight forums to add my unecessary and shallow 2 cents.

I voted Skritt because I think it would be funny to see players running around looking like little rats! Playing as Kodan would be amazing though!!

Deleted
    Mursaat or Kodan would be very awesome. I can't really see Largos work with the mask and ''wings''. Everything points towards Tengu though, which I'm content with as well.

Tengu for sure. Can't think of anyone else who has playable bird creatures. I want playable bird creatures!

Skritt, to me, are like Tyria's goblins, and goblins are awesome, thus making skritt awesome. They are goofy, less annoying asura with great animations. Granted, lorewise a playable skritt makes about as much sense as a playable dwarf, with is little to none. Tengu would be my second choice, while Kodan and Mursaat are at the bottom of the list.

Deleted

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm gonna go with the Kodan and Dwarves, but for the most part Kodan. I'm a big fan of their character models.

10+ Year Old Account
    Largos seem to be a very interesting race to me at this point, rather odd that an underwater race would be assassins but I like the whole design.

Quote Originally Posted by Zazajin View Post
    Tengu, really wanted a bird playable race in a game for several years.

This especially.

I've seen tons of games with bird races, but none of them ever playable. Plus, the Tengu are just -so- cool! :3

Whenever I think about what female Tengu would look like this is what I picture :P