Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Blizzard nerfing policy

My opinion is that it's horrible... They either over do it or under do it by a big amount, like what was the deal with nerfing combustion by 50%?? why not 25% or 20% for starters?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by alom View Post
    My opinion is that it's horrible... They either over do it or under do it by a big amount, like what was the deal with nerfing combustion by 50%?? why not 25% or 20% for starters?
    The mists in pandaria is actually the overwhelming tears of mages crying about nerf after nerf.

Seriously tho, never EVER have they nerfed mages this "hard" in any expansion ever with such big effects on their pvp facerolling. Its beautiful!

Because 1 spec is completely broken, look at Wlog, 9/10 fights are Fire mage dominated. Just goddamn look at World of Logs, Filter out all the tank specs and you get left with probably 80 out of top 100 are Fire mages for almost each fight.

Deleted
    Now it's time to nerf Warriors, Hunters and DKs as well. A 462 hunter doing 120-140k dps average is not acceptable balancing.

Why would you nerf dk? They are more undertuned than ever right now. I understand Mage/warrior but dk would be uncalled for.
    Regen#1804 need NA overwatch friends.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tehterokkar View Post
    Because 1 spec is completely broken, look at Wlog, 9/10 fights are Fire mage dominated. Just goddamn look at World of Logs, Filter out all the tank specs and you get left with probably 80 out of top 100 are Fire mages for almost each fight.

Yeah but dude, they should start with small nerfs, maybe 20% for starters, and instead of fixing an issue now, they could fix it in 3 months, much better!
    And then if they nerfed it only 20%, we could whine that they should only nerf 10%!

What a stupid post by the OP.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Regen View Post
    Why would you nerf dk? They are more undertuned than ever right now. I understand Mage/warrior but dk would be uncalled for.
    Maybe unholy is undertuned, but Frost is quite OP if the DK knows how to play properly.

---------- Post added 2012-12-01 at 07:20 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Eskobar View Post
    Yeah but dude, they should start with small nerfs, maybe 20% for starters, and instead of fixing an issue now, they could fix it in 3 months, much better!
    And then if they nerfed it only 20%, we could whine that they should only nerf 10%!

What a stupid post by the OP.
    Why should they only nerf by 20% when Fire was already ahead 50% of everyone else on most fights? Even literally 100% ahead of one of their fellow specs, Arcane.
    Last edited by mmocc3e324ee93; 2012-12-01 at 06:20 PM.

Blizzard doesn't need to be nerfed, it doesn't do that much damage.

Deleted
    Glad a nerf is incoming, I personally think more was needed but I will settle for this. Like someone above me posted, if you look at WoL, and take the tanks out of the equation, 80% are fire mages.

Quote Originally Posted by Voyager View Post
    A 462 hunter doing 120-140k dps average is not acceptable balancing.
    Pass the crack pipe!

A few seconds burst once every 5 minutes isn't 120-140k dps.

Agreed, no matter how big or small the nerf was, mages were going to complain. It is the natural reaction when your class is doing so well and then loses its kick. Aff locks were second I think in potential dps, maybe now first, so I expect a nerf to my main in the near future. It's going to happen. Might as well enjoy it while it lasts and hope the nerf bat doesn't sting too hard.

Hell, if mages hadn't gotten nerfed, they'd just be calling for buffs elsewhere.

If you look at WoL at dps rankings make sure you see how long the fight has been active for the player, manny guilds try to maximize 1 persons dps, like lastphase on elagon, you let 1 person deal dmg for a much longer amount of time..

Quote Originally Posted by alom View Post
    Because it needed a 50% nerf, and not a 20-25% nerf? Because the amount of crying coming from the mages isn't going be "watered down" in any meaningful way by slowly reducing the damage, rather than just nerf it all at once.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sialanne View Post
    Because it needed a 50% nerf, and not a 20-25% nerf? Because the amount of crying coming from the mages isn't going be "watered down" in any meaningful way by slowly reducing the damage, rather than just nerf it all at once.
    I honestly don't understand the mage community, Fire has been incredibly overpowered since? 4.2? afaik. After over a year they finally get a nerf and the tears come out. I totally agree, 50% was definitely needed, if not more.

not gonna lie, the combustion nerf was needed, they broke it cause they have no idea how mages work. the critical mass nerf is the bull@#$% part.

but honestly... instead of nerfing combustion, they should have just reverted it. i guess that would make too much sense

10+ Year Old Account
    Combustion really needed a buff

Quote Originally Posted by razorback07 View Post
    I honestly don't understand the mage community, Fire has been incredibly overpowered since? 4.2? afaik. After over a year they finally get a nerf and the tears come out. I totally agree, 50% was definitely needed, if not more.
    4.0 (I was one at the time)

Quote Originally Posted by Voyager View Post
    Maybe unholy is undertuned, but Frost is quite OP if the DK knows how to play properly.
    They are far from overpowered, even if played "perfectly" in PvE they sim and perform below other classes. And in pvp they are far far from the greatest pvp spec. In both aspects of the game, even with proper play they are not close to OP.
    Regen#1804 need NA overwatch friends.

Well im fine with the nerfs but ive never been fine with the way blizzard approach nerfing. They are too afraid to be told "i told you so". In sc2 for example they made the bold claim they would always overnerf or overbuff and then scale back. This has never once happened in the history of sc2. What they said they would do is what would be best for everyone but they seem too scared that after an overnerf a buff would be welcomed with "blizz got it wrong lol".

I would prefer to see true balancing rather than arbitrary changes.

Quote Originally Posted by Frah View Post
    Well im fine with the nerfs but ive never been fine with the way blizzard approach nerfing. They are too afraid to be told "i told you so". In sc2 for example they made the bold claim they would always overnerf or overbuff and then scale back. This has never once happened in the history of sc2. What they said they would do is what would be best for everyone but they seem too scared that after an overnerf a buff would be welcomed with "blizz got it wrong lol".

I would prefer to see true balancing rather than arbitrary changes.
    Exactly what i wanted to discuss... hell i dont even play a mage..