1. Dragon soul
2. MH because of the trash
1. Dragon soul
2. MH because of the trash
- Dragon soul: I just looked forward to something more epic then an wotlk zone revamped & some icc boat battles. Spine was fun but was getting anoyying repeating after few weeks ..
- ToC: I liked the heroic system & the attemp stuf linked with buttloads of achievs that became FoS on cata launch. But for the rest ... fight 4 bosses in same arena .. nice design y0.
- Naxx Wotlk version - Revamping a complete vanilla raid to let it become an wotlk raid kinda bugged me at the point of wotlk release (yeah we had more of this comming for sure :P) The meta achievements in there, sapphiron resistance gear farm, Undying & Imorrtal etc where all very cool. But the raid itself was Meh.
Youtube Channel!: http://www.youtube.com/user/fnfgreg
worst in the sense of 'they really were badly designed' or worst in 'I hated them'
so to say... my objective or subjective view?
Eye of Eternity
Throne of Four Winds
Trial of Crusader
Ahn Qiraj 40
Mount Hyjal (I hate wave-dungeons)
while I love those boss-only raids with no trash... its still poor design for a raid to ring a bell and a boss comes or walking from boss to boss... (though I like it that uncomplicated)
I've been playing very casually, but for a long time. A lot of raids I've only seen thanks to nerfs or them not being current content anymore, so nothing is based on difficulty.
Not counting raids with 1-2 bosses because they were all quite boring (apart from gruul):
Dragon Soul - Most fights were boring and the lore behind them too "meh". Pretty cool revamp of Dragonblight, though.
Trial of the Crusader - (excluding twin val'kyr fight) everything was so goddamn boring, and staying in the very same room for all fights but one on top if it all.. hnnng.
Don't really have a third, I've really enjoyed the rest.
Worst raids for me:
1) Dragon soul - felt disjointed, the difficulties between bosses lacked a nice flow, and Deathwing fight was lacking, to say the least. Would have been much better if both parts of bringing down and killing Deathwing hadn't been add based fights. Tons of recycled art was terrible as well.
2) Mount Hyjal - waves of trash (that once you had down you slept through), tank and spank bosses until Archimonde (but if you wiped you had to redo all the trash), and Archimonde being poorly designed and balanced (our first kill we had roughly half the raid heal and had no problems with dps - that's poor balance, and we went to that many healers to cover for DCs, lag, and player error as any deaths were bad). Lorewise it was a good instance, to actually clear - not so much.
3) ToGC - yeah. One room, no trash - not exactly engaging. Cool concept with the gladiatorial fights, but execution could have been better. My bigger problem with Trial though, was the introduction of the toggle hardmode retread model of raiding. Beating a boss on normal wasn't an accomplishment because it felt too easy. Beating the boss on hard wasn't an accomplishment because you'd already beat him on normal. This was the start of my dissatisfaction with raiding in WoW and lead to my eventual departure. I had been enjoying the journey where the biggest reward for downing a boss was moving on to a new boss, now downing a boss meant I got to try him again with bigger numbers. This was really the beginning of the end for me, although it took me a long time to realize why I started caring less and less about raiding.
Hello hello dps are you there? On Recount I don't see a thing, main tank has the healing debuff from the boss you see you see;
Wha-a-at did you say? Vent is breaking up on me, sorry I can't talk now I am kinda healing; K-kinda healing, k-kinda healing...
And Vault . . . I kinda agree with you on this, kinda not. Yes, they were easy tank and spanks and had horrid loot tables. Yes, lore wise they were awful. But as a reward for defeating Wintergrasp they were kind of cool. Same with Baradin Hold. And they had the odd fun mechanic (storm boss adds exploding - not complicated, but fun). The PvP raids might not have been the greatest raids, but they weren't the worst, partially because they were so quick compared to other content.
1 Dragon Soul
2 Dragon Soul
3 Dragon soul
Haven't seen the new ones but I can't imagine them being worse than Dragon Soul...
When in doubt, mumble...
well DS was terrible ...
also naxx 80 was dumb since it was almost the same as the lv60 raid
best were for me:
naxx40 (the first raid kinda where one random player [that is, not a tank/healer and besides paladin DI and equal spells] could potentially wipe the raid ... really nice imo)
(hard to put bwl/mc into perspective since back then there was nothing to compare them to)
3. Throne of Four Winds
2. Ruby Sanctum
1. Worst raid of all time: Molten Core. Nostalgia gives it a lot of fond memories, but when you look back at its overall design, the fight mechanics, etc. you get why it was referred to as Molten Bore.
Dragon Soul gets more flak than it deserves, but I think ToC do too. They weren't horrible raids, they just tried different things.
People complained about trash a lot and Blizzard tried a raid that was more a string of bosses with ToC. Then people complained it was in the same room. /shrug I don't see a reason to be long complicated hallways if the premise is reasonable. Granted, the zone of Azjol Nerub becoming a raid would have been interesting, but for what ToC was, I enjoyed it well enough.
Dragon Soul had its problems and I think the last fight was fairly anti climatic but I see a lot of people give it flak for "reusing zones and models." Again, that's a pretty minimal portion of the raid content. They also introduced LFR with it and had to adjust for some previously unexplored possibilities.
For what they were, I enjoyed both of them well enough.
Last edited by Faroth; 2012-12-03 at 07:23 PM.
"There is good and evil in this world; we must find the black and white in the gray."
1. AQ 40 trash
2. SSC trash though Elevator Boss was awesome
RS (I am not sure if it counts as a raid though as it is only a filler)
Naxx25 and ToC are no-brainers.
The only real question is what is the other 3 of the worst raids. Tough call, but Hyjal maybe?
- Vanilla raids
Vanilla raids compared to stuff today; there's just not a lot going on. DS was beyond disappointing in every respect, and we were in there for a whole year, and it was nerfed to oblivion. ToC was one room with a boring cave underneath, and it came out after Ulduar, one of the largest and most varied raids, and the tier system for ToC was terrible. ToC's bosses weren't that bad, just everything surrounding them was.