Real World Trading in Runescape......

So, I got an email, obviously a phishing email saying that I was accused of RWT in Runescape, but the thing is, I have never played Runescape in my life, or any other game from Jagex(I believe that's the name)

So how this relates to WoW. Are the people who send out these phishing emails the same people that do it for all the games? Also, do they send them out to all known email addresses in hopes that you play at least one of the games?

I have played several MMO's, and aside from WoW, I have never received a phishing email, but I get one from a game that I have never touched. Kind of interesting.

10+ Year Old Account
    Maybe someone else used your email to buy gold with or something, and now those goldsellers think you own the account and try to scam you.

Quote Originally Posted by Joeydivision82 View Post
    So, I got an email, obviously a phishing email saying that I was accused of RWT in Runescape, but the thing is, I have never played Runescape in my life, or any other game from Jagex(I believe that's the name)

So how this relates to WoW. Are the people who send out these phishing emails the same people that do it for all the games? Also, do they send them out to all known email addresses in hopes that you play at least one of the games?

I have played several MMO's, and aside from WoW, I have never received a phishing email, but I get one from a game that I have never touched. Kind of interesting.
    It's possible that it's the same people scamming/phishing both games. And while I'm sure sometimes they get their lists of email addresses from 3rd party sites (example, curse network sites, wowinsider, allakhazam, etc) they also just blindly send em out sometimes. My ma got one of those RMT emails about her Runescape account that she doesn't have as well. Pretty recently too (maybe a week ago).

Well at least I'm not the only one lol.

I do use Curse, So I guess that is where it could have come from, because I sure as hell have never bought gold, or anything else for that matter.

My account was hacked and banned for a few months, but that was a few years back, and I have changed my email address since.