Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
1
2
  1. #21
    Quote Originally Posted by Novarx View Post
    Not trying to criticize or put anyone's comments down, but honestly does assassination need all that burst when we have the other classes to do it for us??? Our niche is sustained damage and lol wtfpwn execute phase damage. If we got the burst many of you are crying out for, we would be nerfed into the ground because of all the other classes throwing a bitch fest!!!
    You'd have to enlighten me as to where this "lol wtfpwn execute" damage comes from, because I am not familiar with it. I think you might be thinking of warriors or affliction locks for that. As I recall, mut (with dispatch procs) isn't that far under dispatch spamming... which is unfortunate.

  2. #22
    iirc elitistjerks said something along the lines of 5% more dps from <35% than >35%. its a smoother rotation, and it has MUCH more synergy with shadow blades, but while each dispatch hits harder than mut, mut procs twice the poisons, as well as mut proccing free dispatches.

  3. #23
    I think dispatch should be able to proc sideblind- a free mutilate!

    Ok don't call it sideblind, but you see where I'm going. Since mutilate does good damage right now, this would have to come with some small nerfs, but it would put the execute rotation into a better position.

  4. #24
    Hmm, I disagree. dont fix what isnt broken. During >35% you have plenty of time between mutilates to do other things, free dispatches, make coffee, vendetta, watch TV and so on, 55 energy is quite a bit. during sub 35% you have much less free time. as you stated this would come with small nerfs as our DPS isnt in too bad of a place, if this kept us even (considering us using the free mutilates) this would cause a few hiccups where either you cap energy, cap CP, clip envenom or dont use your free proc correctly. When our gear gets better (and we get more haste) that problem would only get worse, as well as an extreme version of that during fights where you lust sub 35%

  5. #25
    Well, another thing would be to reduce the proc chance of blindside by a bit, and then buff dispatch as compensation.

  6. #26
    Combat is the burst spec now? What a country!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

  7. #27
    i've found with this xpac that rogues can feel very held back in certain instances if gear is slightly less in quality than their dps peers or if stats havent been min-maxed precisely enough, it almost feels to me like i'm never getting exactly the right gear i need for assassination spec to operate at full potential, and while this does bother me it also excites me because it just makes me shoot for those short term goals of acquiring that gear and increasing my dps while still maintaining a high level of proficiency with my rotation and being highly raid aware...now if only i could get blizz to stop dropping me fist weapons and axes when i only play assassination lol


  8. #28
    Quote Originally Posted by Verain View Post
    Well, another thing would be to reduce the proc chance of blindside by a bit, and then buff dispatch as compensation.
    Dispatch is already really good. Comparing it to something like execute doesn't work because execute is OP as hell. Besides not all burn phases happen below 35%.

    Assassination just needs another cooldown. Bring back Cold Blood except make it do something more useful than a guaranteed crit every 3 mins.

  9. #29
    Quote Originally Posted by Lemons View Post
    Dispatch is already really good. Comparing it to something like execute doesn't work because execute is OP as hell. Besides not all burn phases happen below 35%.

    Assassination just needs another cooldown. Bring back Cold Blood except make it do something more useful than a guaranteed crit every 3 mins.
    Would be nice to have a energy regeneration/crit modifier cooldown. CP gen is already decent as assassination. Poisons aren't interesting without graphical effects

  10. #30
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    Combat is the burst spec now? What a country!
    Pretty sure for most of WoW combat was the bursty spec. I guess maybe in vanilla you could make an argument for cold blood, but with resil in BC you weren't gonna gib people like vanilla and AR was out only real cd, and this is more pve related anyway so AR wins hands down. Killing spree as combat in wrath was by far our highest burst (I could actually 100%-0 people with resil using it if they had no defensives up and didn't get healed) and in raids it would shoot me up to the top faster than other classes cds. The only time where combat burst was garbage was cata.

  11. #31
    Gear (especially 4pc bonus) kind of fixes it.


    For example, those are the first 20 seconds of our Lei Shi fight of this week.
    http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-yv...?s=9209&e=9229

    Those are the first 40 seconds if you prefer full Bloodlust.
    http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-yv...?s=9209&e=9249

    Rogues are not completely on top and it's a little RNG with dispatch procs but we can burst as Assasination as well.

  12. #32
    How are you guys using your 1st Vend + SBlades + Vanish CDs?
    I've been trying to either

    1. use Vendetta + SBlades right at my 1st envenom
    2. use Vendetta + SBlades as soon as I have rupture and SnD up

    Also, do you guys always line up Vendetta and SBlades? Or do you guys use it on CD.

  13. #33
    You should use them on cooldown. Exceptions about, of course, but in general, use both on cooldown.

    Also, get your rotation going with S+D and rupture. You may even want to pool a bit. The exception here is if those few seconds would win you an extra cooldown at the end.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •