Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Stuck on Garalon. Have Some ?'s

This is just getting beyond frustrating. We have never had any trouble like we have with this boss. Have a couple questions and going to include what classes perform what duties.

-Should we keep all the legs dead, or can we leave 1 or 2 up? It just seems like Ranged DPS never gets a lot of time on the boss with us trying to keep all 4 dead. Not sure if it's because your not suppose to have all 4 dead or because our DPS lacks.
    -Should the Ranged DPS just stand in the middle 100% of the time to nuke the boss and legs or should they run around in the green circles and DPS like Melee?

3 Heals (Druid, Shaman, Disc Priest)
    1 Tank (Blood DK, Rogue OT)
    2 Melee (Fury Warrior, Rogue)
    4 Ranged DPS (Shadow Priest, Fire Mage, Ele Shaman, Warlock)

Kiting Order
    Resto Druid > Resto Shaman > Shadow Priest > Disc Priest
    Last edited by skmage; 2012-12-02 at 10:25 PM.

The reason ranged isn't getting enough time on the boss is because you have your rogue eating the slashes. Rogues are 1 on that fight because of Blade Flurry. It's tough for ranged because of the way he always moves so it's prob best to have them just dot up any new legs that spawn. And just have your rogue on legs full time.

Quote Originally Posted by Isotope View Post
    The reason ranged isn't getting enough time on the boss is because you have your rogue eating the slashes. Rogues are 1 on that fight because of Blade Flurry. It's tough for ranged because of the way he always moves so it's prob best to have them just dot up any new legs that spawn. And just have your rogue on legs full time.
    We tried having our Warrior as the OT but he was getting his butt kicked. Rogue is taking hardly any damage. Im open to suggestions on anyone else that can take the Furious Swipes.

Just make sure the warrior always has PW:S on him and you'll be fine. How far into the fight are you guys getting?

If the rogue is working for you then I would continue doing it. I suggest having all dps on legs at the start, killing 5 or 6 depending on dps. After that have your best melee dps down the one leg that spawns every 30 seconds while everyone else is strictly on the boss. You would be surprised at what a dps loss it can be for multiple people running around trying to dps legs.

BL when all the legs are down and preferably when the Spriest isnt kiting.

Assuming you are going cockwise if his front left leg is up leave it to the tank and the OT to take down, that leg is often in goo or off the platform I find.

The one melee may need to call for help from the other if he can't keep at with 1 leg per 30 seconds every now and again. But if he gets lucky and the front left leg pops in buys him an extra 30 seconds to get caught up and dps the boss.

Please god let both your Rogues DPS legs. There's absolutely no reason to have him eat with the tank. You're letting go of so much DPS on the boss...

As for the legs, we have any DPS that can't cleave off the legs stay on the boss full time (except at the very end, when we want to burst down the boss in the leg increments of 3% at a time).

Beyond that, we leave the front two legs up so the cleavers can alternate between the back two (and never get screwed having to wrap all the way around the boss).

Quote Originally Posted by applejuice007 View Post
    cockwise
    Are there advantages to this over going anti-cockwise?

Hi my guild downs this by 1. Hero/bloodlust at the beginning knocking all 4 legs. Tanks and range are always on the leg that stepping puddles which is the front left leg that goes by the walls. So basically that's how we kill 4 legs melee never goes for that leg so we end up only killing 3 while tank and range kills that other one. Once leg is dead go on body. When leg pops out kill it ASAP. We 2 heal 2 tank for more DPS and minimize damage for tanks (pally and dk) if you want to see our kill vids search me up on YouTube shiinjiwow!

---------- Post added 2012-12-02 at 08:12 AM ----------

Our kite order is 2 tanks 2 range/healer. More uptime DPS.

Quote Originally Posted by skmage View Post
    This is just getting beyond frustrating. We have never had any trouble like we have with this boss. Have a couple questions and going to include what classes perform what duties.

-Should we keep all the legs dead, or can we leave 1 or 2 up? It just seems like Ranged DPS never gets a lot of time on the boss with us trying to keep all 4 dead. Not sure if it's because your not suppose to have all 4 dead or because our DPS lacks.
    -Should the Ranged DPS just stand in the middle 100% of the time to nuke the boss and legs or should they run around in the green circles and DPS like Melee?

1 Tank/1 OT (Blood DK, Rogue)

Kiting Order
    What are you wiping to?

Our guild 2 heals it, which makes the Enrage a non-factor, also makes shortens the fight so kiting room becomes easier. However this does have the clear drawback of putting a lot of pressure on said two healers but everyone usually tries to pitch in on trying to mitigate damage.

Other than that, we have our melee focus mainly the legs while the ranged focus mainly on boss damage (combust legs and cleave but nothing crazy) with the only exception being at the start of the fight where everyone pitches in to get at least 3 legs down asap.

Deleted
    Recently killed this with my guild.

Our Kiting Order was actually: Warrior Tank > Resto Druid > Hunter > Holy Priest

Our dps set up for the first the kill was having our rogue on the legs by himself, calling if he needed help killing one before the next one showed up, and everyone else just on Garalon. At the start burn bloodlust and dps down specific legs ( Melee on the back left, Ranged on the front Right, then all onto the remaining back leg. leave the other front one for your cleave soakers )

Keep all you ranged people within the circle on the platform ( the large one not the orange one ) for AoE heals, your kiting healer each time should focus on themselves and tanks, then when you have all 3 healers in the middle, the one who isn't kiting can regen his mana and chill out for a little while.

We actually killed it tonight, after last week wiping a combined 40+ times in two days.....

Our comp:

Fury Warrior (MT)
    Guardian Druid

Holy Priest
    Resto Druid
    MW Monk

Warlock
    Shadow Priest
    Hunter
    Ele Shaman
    DK

What worked for us, is blow BL in the beginning, and down 3 legs (leave the front left leg up for tanks to take down). We had ele shaman, hunter (lol), and DK on legs, SP and lock on boss 100% of the time. If legs spawned and the SP/lock could move a couple steps, they'd go and dot up the legs, then go back to the boss.

What really helped us, is we had our Warrior tank go Fury and help dps the front two legs while the leg killers focused on the two back ones and switched to the boss when both of those were down. We beat the enrage timer by about 10-15 seconds and we had a less than ideal comp for this fight. What also helped was having the healers dps the boss at the beginning of the fight during bloodlust. Our druid pushes 40k dps with HOTW up during BL. We had 2 tanks/2 healers kite (priest/druid)

Quote Originally Posted by PHsname View Post
    Please god let both your Rogues DPS legs. There's absolutely no reason to have him eat with the tank. You're letting go of so much DPS on the boss...

As for the legs, we have any DPS that can't cleave off the legs stay on the boss full time (except at the very end, when we want to burst down the boss in the leg increments of 3% at a time).

Beyond that, we leave the front two legs up so the cleavers can alternate between the back two (and never get screwed having to wrap all the way around the boss).
    i've been tanking too and a pull 110-120k dps
    the ultimate answer's to all rogue issues :

-Rogues might still be dealing with the changes to combo points {2014}

Yea with your setup

I'd keep both your warrior/rogue on legs, have your dk in dps gear, and your other rogue soaking as well, try to keep at least one front leg up all of the time for your rogue that's soaking to hit though.

I'd have 3 healers + tank dk be the kiters for this fight. When you get him low (ie less than 10%), your Raid Leader is going to have to make the call when to stop dpsing the legs and when to put everyone on the boss.....what we did was kill the leg we were on, to drop him to 7%, then everyone focus the boss.

Keep in mind, this is a fight where you want to maximize uptime/dps. At the start, if your raid dps is sticking on a leg until it's dead, you are actually losing dps. They should be leaving legs around 10% health and letting the dots finish them off. By staying there until it's dead, you are losing out on dps that could've been done to the leg/and or boss by a little bit. Ranged dps should be standing in the middle circle the entire time, movement should be no - limited movement for them (you can avoid almost all of the frontal cones by standing in the direct middle of the room)

Other than that, it would be awesome to have logs to see exactly what's going on.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by skmage View Post
    1 Tank/1 OT (Blood DK, Rogue)

Kiting Order
    This right here might be your problem. You really should try doing it with only 2 healers.

Why are you making the shadow priest kite? You got two classes that are awesome for running while casting (Fire mage and Ele shaman).
    Your rogue should not be the one to OT the fight, let the warrior do that (The rogue should be able to pull more numbers by not tanking than the warrior would). Tell him to be in defensive stance if he takes to much damage.

When using only two healers, your healers should not be the ones to kite the boss, they will have more than enough to do.
    Use the tanks, mage and shaman for kiting, maybe something like this:

first: Blood DK
    Second: Warrior OT
    Third: Ele shaman
    Fourth: Fire mage (The mage should have the Scorch and Evocation talents for this fight)

I know that you will lose some dps from both the tanks doing the kiting (specially the warrior), but the gain in dps from not having a shadow priest run around should be enough. The gain from an extra dps (by being only two healers), will make it possible to down the boss before the enrage timer.

And yes your ranged dps should be able to stand still in the middle nuking the living shit out of the boss and leave the legs for the two rogues.

This is the OP.....

First off there are not 2 Rogues. If people actually counted the numbers I gave that would be 11 people. 1 Rogue who is a Melee DPS and also the OT. Yes it was worded wrong so my fault too. Anyway...we will again try to put the Warrior in as Fury OT but like I said....defensive stance or not he was getting his a*s pounded on. We also have tried the 2 Tanks and 2 Heals kite method. Didn't work for us. Too much of a loss of DPS from the Blood DK and Fury Warrior OT. They are doing around 75k and 100k DPS not kiting, just Tanking the boss. Yeah that's a DPS loss. I don't see why Healers cannot do this. If DPS can DPS and kite, Healers can Heal and kite. If you pull DPS off to kite....it's a DPS loss. Am I wrong?

Deleted
    Healers can kite it, I posted how we do the kiting a little bit up ( post 10 )

They really just need to focus on themselves and the tanks, everyone else will likely be out of range anyway

Healer's CAN kite it....but your tanks can also dps a leg while kiting, they have to be in range of the frontal either way while kiting, so they should be hitting a leg or the boss during that time.....the only time it winds up being a dps loss is when they have to go get the debuff from one of your healers......

Deleted
    The problem we found with having both tanks kite it is we would accidently switch it every now and then. I play Ret on garalon and OT, everyone leaves his front outside leg up for me and our warrior tank to attack. So our kiting goes somewhat along the lines of

Warrior tank pulls and gets pheromones.
    Druid healer takes it off him.
    Hunter takes it off the Druid.
    Holy Priest takes it off the hunter.
    /repeat

the druid will use Symbiosis on the hunter so he can detterence and not worry about the frontal cleave. If the priest looks close to it I can just throw a Hand of Protection on her.

Meanwhile the remaining healer ( Holy Paladin or Resto Shaman depending on the night ) has focus on the raid, taking time to regen some mana when the Warrior and Hunter are kiting

I have ranged stack in the middle but move to the 2 nearest legs (the ones that are far from the wall) whenever they respawn. I leave melee to tackle the other legs when possible (not out of LOS due to wall, etc), as they can bob and weave while dps'ing a lot more effectively. We 2 heal and have 2 tanks and 2 ranged dps do the kiting. We've also 3-healed and had healers do some kiting, though.

You didn't say what you're wiping to, but I'll assume the enrage timer. Put your rogue back on the legs and not soaking. Having ranged do more standstill boss dps by ignoring the legs near the wall will also make a big difference.

Deleted
    If this is on Normal, I'd suggest you go 2 tanks, 2 heals and 6 dps in stead. Rogue and Warrior on legs, let the rest kite.

On Normal, we had 1 healer and then ranged dps kite but on Heroic we used 1 healer, then tanks, then ranged and at the end a healer again.

You don't really need 3 healers on this fight tbh.