Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

No legendary stamina gem

So... Does blizzard plan to add a stamina gem to the game, or do the tanks are left with nothing? Seriously, there is no use for me in any of the gems they are willing to give. Kinda sucks.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't mind as a monk. Would have gone for agi anyway.

Whats wrong with strength?

Why stam stack, are your healers garbage?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Breshone View Post
    How useful is it for a warrior tank? I don't see people using normal str gems, instead of others.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zues View Post
    Because it would be the most useful one. Right now - all three are useless.

Better than stacking Strength...

Deleted
    Or mastery wuld be lovely

Technically a strength gem does give you parry, and the strength is more damage which is more threat i guess.

But when compared to the agility gem for guardian druids and brew master monks, I think they got the better gem.

Mastery gem would suffice too i guess.
    Last edited by Cernunnos; 2012-12-01 at 09:22 PM.
    My name is Cernunnos, I will love you like no other, I have died a thousand deaths, each time I died I thought of you.

Deleted
    Atleast they could give mastery gem, but oh well, atleast your offspecc can be boosted:}

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Butler Log View Post
    Better than stacking Strength...
    Indeed.

Hopefully they'll fix something with it, until then I'll stick with Scimitar.

STR gives parry...

If you are a warrior or a paladin, your damage and some of your defensive abilities scale with strength. Same with monks and druids with agility. You have nothing to complain about here.

Hell, even if a stamina gem were offered, I'd still use strength.
    Grand Crusader Belloc <-- 6608 Endless Tank Proving Grounds score! (
    Dragonslayer Kooqu

For war tanks, the str one sucks so bad that their BiS is NOT the sha touched wep.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by kuku2 View Post
    If you are a warrior or a paladin, your damage and some of your defensive abilities scale with strength. Same with monks and druids with agility. You have nothing to complain about here.

Hell, even if a stamina gem were offered, I'd still use strength.
    Well I would use stamina. Do you also use strength gems in your armor?
    And as Cernunnos said, druids and monks get a better deal with agility gem, than str users.

Quote Originally Posted by Cernunnos View Post
    Technically a strength gem does give you dodge, and the strength is more damage which is more threat i guess.

But when compared to the agility gem for guardian druids and brew master monks, I think they got the better gem.

Mastery gem would suffice too i guess.
    No, strength gives parry, and yes mastery would be nice.
    HolgerDK Stærkodder Shocknorrís
    "Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." - Arthur C. Clarke.

Extract from the prot warrior guide in this forum:

"Strength and Stamina

Stamina and Strength are our two primary stats (all the others being secondary stats).

Strength will increase your attack power and thus your DPS. It also increases your parry chance, but you shouldn’t try to stack it, as the increasing rate is too slim (at lvl-90). Usually, you can ignore this stat, as you’ll always have enough of it on your plate gear.

Stamina increases your health, and allow you to take more damage before your HP reaches zero and you die. It is good against magical damage, because our other defensive stats (except for Hit and Expertise) have no effect on those. Usually, however, you already have enough on your base gear, and so shouldn’t try to stack it any higher.
    This may not be the case, if you’re a bit under-geared for a particular content. In that case, stacking a little bit of Stamina can be very helpful to avoid getting 2 shot."

Pretty much sums it up in a simplistic way. Strength is not useless.
    Last edited by Breshone; 2012-12-01 at 08:44 PM. Reason: bolding

Quote Originally Posted by Headswillroll View Post
    Well I would use stamina. Do you also use strength gems in your armor?
    And as Cernunnos said, druids and monks get a better deal with agility gem, than str users.
    Of course not, but I see no point in complaining about there not being a stamina gem when there's a 500 strength gem. For me, that's bigger WoGs and more damage. Maybe a little parry. Your absorb shields should be similarly increased, correct?
    Grand Crusader Belloc <-- 6608 Endless Tank Proving Grounds score! (
    Dragonslayer Kooqu

Deleted
    Extract from the prot warrior guide in this forum:

"Strength and Stamina

Stamina and Strength are our two primary stats (all the others being secondary stats).

Strength will increase your attack power and thus your DPS. It also increases your parry chance, but you shouldn’t try to stack it, as the increasing rate is too slim (at lvl-90). Usually, you can ignore this stat, as you’ll always have enough of it on your plate gear.

Stamina increases your health, and allow you to take more damage before your HP reaches zero and you die. It is good against magical damage, because our other defensive stats (except for Hit and Expertise) have no effect on those. Usually, however, you already have enough on your base gear, and so shouldn’t try to stack it any higher.
    This may not be the case, if you’re a bit under-geared for a particular content. In that case, stacking a little bit of Stamina can be very helpful to avoid getting 2 shot."

Pretty much sums it up in a simplistic way. Strength is not useless.
    but you shouldn’t try to stack it, as the increasing rate is too slim (at lvl-90). Usually, you can ignore this stat, as you’ll always have enough of it on your plate gear.

10+ Year Old Account
    -_-

Stamina stacking is worse for healers to heal. Neglect survival stats for pure stamina = the squishiest tanks ever.
    From the #1 Cata review on Amazon.com: "Blizzard's greatest misstep was blaming players instead of admitting their mistakes.
    They've convinced half of the population that the other half are unskilled whiners, causing a permanent rift in the community."

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jarg View Post
    STR gives parry...
    That's like arguing that a Fury Warrior should get an Agi gem as it gives him Crit....