10+ Year Old Account

White older man shoots black teen, media blowing it out again?

apparently the media wants to follow the travon martin case by using the race factor

http://yilb.com/another-racially-inv...t-controversy/

Man asks teens to turn down music in parking lot, arguement ensues and shoots at them 8-9 times i believe

What do you guys think of this? is the media blowing things out of proportion again by using the race factor in this incident?

Please keep it civil guys

Quote Originally Posted by Darkrulerxxx View Post
    apparently the media wants to follow the travon martin case by using the race factor

Man asks teens to turn down music in parking lot, arguement ensues and shoots at them 8-9 times i believe

What do you guys think of this? is the media blowing things out of proportion again by using the race factor in this incident?

I don't think race was a factor so much as the guy was an idiot. Loud music is absolutely not something worth drawing a firearm over.

3DS Friend Code: 0146-9205-4817. Could show as either Chris or Chrysia.

blowing things out of proportion is what they get paid to do, so of course yes.

10+ Year Old Account
    This is the same incident as is already being discussed. Oddly enough, that one is about guns, not race. Odd how changing a few words in a posts title changes the responses one gets to an incident.

Let's be real here. Of course it was about race. Well, kinda.

It was really about two different cultures clashing. If those four boys had been white, but dressed up in the "thug" style and blaring rap I "believe" it would have ended the same way. It's more about one idiot escalating it beyond what it needed to be.
    I sat alone in the dark one night, tuning in by remote.
    I found a preacher who spoke of the light, but there was Brimstone in his throat.
    He'd show me the way, according to him, in return for my personal check.
    I flipped my channel back to CNN and lit another cigarette.

"Just when everyone thought the Trayvon Martin story was over and done with, an almost identical story has found itself in the midst of the media once again."

Almost identical? Really?

The Trayvon Martin case was a neighborhood watch volunteer getting attacked by a man whom he was following to make sure he wasn't up to something.

This case is about a crazy guy with a serious anger issue.

The only "identical" element is that the victim was black. Both of these cases would've still occurred and gotten next to no attention if the victims were white.

Neither are racially motivated unless you think every non-black is a racist biggot.

Deleted
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...ing-loud-music

---------- Post added 2012-12-01 at 09:19 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Darkrulerxxx View Post

I thought the guy that shot Trayvon was Hispanic, not White

Deleted
    I don't really think it was a race thing. I just think it was some crabbit old prick with no respect for the weapon he's actually using. In an ideal world, I'd love to see some jail-time and a lifetime firearms ban.

Quote Originally Posted by RICH1471 View Post
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...ing-loud-music

---------- Post added 2012-12-01 at 09:19 PM ----------

I thought the guy that shot Trayvon was Hispanic, not White
    "Hispanic" isn't a race, technically. It's just western lazyness that is a euphemism for "non-Muslim, Spanish-like, sort-of-Brown-people". There are white Hispanics, Black Hispanics, and Mestizo Hispanics.

Herald of the Titans theredviola's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chrysia View Post
    I don't think race was a factor so much as the guy was an idiot. Loud music is absolutely not something worth drawing a firearm over.
    This. There is no race card here, and if someone tries to play one, they're dumber than the shooter. Clearly, this shooter has no business owning a gun because he's simply to stupid.
    "Do not only practice your art, but force yourself into its secrets, for it and knowledge can raise men to the divine." -- Ludwig Van Beethoven

Deleted
    He's being charged for murder according to the article. Presumably the law will deal with it appropriately.

Deleted
    There's a thread on this already.

Closed.