Page 1 of 6
... LastLast

Are you genuinely happy with your life up to this point?

These past couple months have just been dragging on, to the point where I'ts making me me feel like absolute crap. I spent the last year of my life doing intense diet and excersise because I felt like the only thing holding me back from being happy was my weight and physical image. I went from 250 lbs down to 170 in approximitely one year. I felt absolutely fantastic about myself and my confidence and I felt like this was a big turning point in my life. Fast forward two months later, and I'm far from happy. i feel terrible 90% of the time, and I have almost nothing going for me at this point. It made me think about my life in general and what I/ve accomplished. I wouldn't say I haven't done ANYTHING, but I can say without a doubt I haven't been doing nearly as much as I should be in order to be happy.

Are you guys happy with your lives? Can you look back and say that you've been living life to the fullest and are genuinely happy with yourself?
    Check out my youtube channel!!! Gaming videos GALORE!!! :http://www.youtube.com/user/Antigravitydawgz

Deleted
    I had a shit childhood and my life was hell until I hit 18 and left home, now I couldnt be happier. My life rules at the moment, the key is setting small achievable challenges and completing them.

I just confirmation that i got a dorm room and will be moving across country to study medicine in January. Im pretty satisfied.

Considering where I was 8 years ago, 7 years ago, etc., hell yes. Emphatically, hell yes. I have a level of joy today I never thought I'd have. I never thought I could wake up in the morning and feel good again. I still have a lot of things to overcome, but man, I'm shining.

You lost weight and you still suck at getting girls? or what? What was your expectation upon losing weight and looking good? Also keep in mind that perfect happiness does not exist. Human life is full with regrets, bad decisions and disappointments. That doesn't mean one can not be happy. I think the problem is you not your life. At least this is what I can understand from your post.
    Last edited by Kuntantee; 2012-12-01 at 10:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kuntantee View Post
    You lost weight and you still suck at getting girls? or what? What was your expectation upon losing weight and looking good? Also keep in mind that perfect happiness does not exist. Human life is full with regrets, bad decisions and disappointments. That doesn't mean one can not be happy. I think the problem is you not your life. At least this is what I can understand from your post.
    Lol, no that's not the problem. I lost the weight because I felt absolutely horrible physically and mentally. Now I know my weight wasn't the only reason I felt mentally run down. And I'm not blaming anyone but myself for my lack of happiness.
    Check out my youtube channel!!! Gaming videos GALORE!!! :http://www.youtube.com/user/Antigravitydawgz

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH1471 View Post
    I had a shit childhood and my life was hell until I hit 18 and left home, now I couldnt be happier. My life rules at the moment, the key is setting small achievable challenges and completing them.
    Similar story here. I had a very bad childhood with physically abusive parents. I left home at 16 and never looked back, put myself through college and now hold down a wonderful job that I love. So to answer the question, I am very happy so far and things are only looking better.

10+ Year Old Account
    My life is great. I am pretty much perfect.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've been down in the pit many times and on top of the world a few times. That was mainly during puberty, now I've found a good way to handle all the shit that keeps comming my way. I'm not happy, but not unhappy either. I've got plenty of stuff that could use some improving, but generally... I'm content.

I sure am. Grew up with a not rich but reasonably well off family on a private access only lake, which we have two properties directly on now and another with a view of it. I had my typical teenage angst, but in hindsight I had it all really pretty good. I have a good job with a great company and lot of room for growth, I advanced a bit just this past week in fact. I have a beautiful fiancee who I've been with for over 3 years now, and she's amazing to me.

So happy? Definitely.
    They can dynamite Devil Reef, but that will bring no relief, Y'ha-nthlei is deeper than they know.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    lol no, because i look at my life and i look at the lives of some of my friends and my life seems lackluster in comparison...granted my life isnt bad, although i still live with my parents but...i never do anything, i'm 22 and i dont have my license, i feel like a bum that cant even help his own friends or go places with them, and my fall semester is going fucking terribly...so no, i really am not happy with my life at the present moment

10+ Year Old Account
    Right at this moment, not really.
    But I finally decided what I want my career to be and I'm going to be starting my schooling in a little over a month. So hopefully it will all work out for the better. ;}
    These aren't the spoilers you're looking for.

Move along.

Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    Now, Waaldo is prepared to look for this person like Prince Charming testing everyone to see just how bad their psychological disorder is if their foot fits in the glass slipper.

Quote Originally Posted by Waaldo View Post
    Right at this moment, not really.
    But I finally decided what I want my career to be and I'm going to be starting my schooling in a little over a month. So hopefully it will all work out for the better. ;}
    Is it because you felt lost?

Ill show myself out

10+ Year Old Account
    It could be worse, you could have ended up a douche like Shadee lmao

Infracted
    Last edited by Dacien; 2012-12-02 at 02:04 AM.
    The man who passes the sentence should swing the sword.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rupture91 View Post
    It could be worse, you could have ended up a douche like Shadee lmao

Infracted
    Haha.

Either way, yes I am pretty happy.

Living in the Netherlands, studying, living with my parents, 19 years old, they provide for me, I can game comfortably, know how to build a pc, am into tech, have a lot of friends, am close with them, mastering the Dutch and English languages was a piece of cake....

Yes pretty happy/content.

Sm I happy with my life up to this point? Absolutely not. Why? Because I live in a black hole of a town. It is difficult as fuck to escape this town, and it sucks everything out of you. Twice my family was close to leaving this town, and in a good place financially. And twice that has been fucked over completely. In 2003, my parents lost their very well payed jobs (for this town anyway), making nearly 90k a year together, to making about 24k a year ONLY because my father is retired Navy. If not for that retirement coming in every month, we would have been completely fucked nearly 10 years ago. Not long after that, some drunk little fuck decided to go 100 mph down our 1-way road and destroy all 4 of our cars (one was mine, the others were my parents). His little S-10 sent my father's heavy astro van flying 10 feet, and would have smashed into someone's house if not for a tree. Totalled 3 of them. Couldn't even sell them to get money to help out.

Unemployed for 3.5 years now. Unable to obtain employment in this hell hole, which means can't get money to leave. My parents are living with me, though they pay all the bills. Again, thanks to my father's military retirement. I lost my decently paying job ($10 an hour back in 2005-2007), and had my parents move in with me since my house was in better shape than their's. Saved my house from foreclosure, parents went bankrupt, and took over payments on my house. Since losing that job, I have had 2 jobs in 2 years that lasted 4 months total because the managers took a dislike to me. Unable to sell this house for what is left owed because the neighbors abandoned their house and it's a pile of shit, tanking my property value (owe 70k, property is worth 56k now thanks to next door). --] [-- that close to just walking away to somewhere else, and would have years ago if not for my dogs.

So yeah, not happy with my life. And I don't see any silver lining showing up anytime soon. Last year was shit, this year was shit, and 100% sure next year will be as well. No matter how I try to change things, everything turns to shit.

ONE good thing so far about this year? None of my pets have died. Since 2006, we have had 2 pets die each year. Last year, 1 cat died. So far, no deaths. But we still have 1 month left. And I don't have high expectations, seeing as we have a 17 year old cat and an 11 year old dog. But I am hoping against all that my pets survive the year.

Nope, but I'm doing my best to make it change by next year. Trying to move out of where I currently am, working my ass off to get better at what I want to do, and a bunch of other things I don't want to get into.

2013 will be my year...
    Why am I back here, I don't even play these games anymore

The problem with the internet is parallel to its greatest achievement: it has given the little man an outlet where he can be heard. Most of the time however, the little man is a little man because he is not worth hearing.

I'm absolutely ecstatic with my life. It's better than it's ever been, and just keeps getting better. In 2013, I'm hoping to have a new job, move back in with the girlfriend (separated by some distance at the moment), kick some ass in duathlons, and save a bunch of money.

10+ Year Old Account
    Seeing as I have only ever had one life (well, that I am cognitively aware of so away ye philosophers!), I can't really comprehend a definite answer to your question. I am quite happy in general, but my entire philosophy in life has been to enjoy every moment as much as I can, because you only have one bit of each moment of time. Its worked for the most part.