Page 10 of 20 FirstFirst ...
8
9
10
11
12
... LastLast
  1. #181
    The Lightbringer Kevyne-Shandris's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Basking in the Light
    Posts
    3,255
    Quote Originally Posted by Luciferiuz View Post
    I read it several times. It wasn't long.

    You implied that because you had 3 accounts and multiple toons you would somehow have to transfer all of them because the servers they were on didn't have active raids which is why LFR is the main way they choose to raid and the community shouldn't look down on LFR because maybe that's the only way some people get to raid.

    I just don't follow how your plethora of characters somehow indicates a trend in the playerbase - or how it negates the assumption that most people would only have to transfer one character per expansion in order to raid on a regular population server without resorting to LFR as their main means of progression.

    Problem? -_-
    The problem with respecting your own logic on this is you implied moving one toon around. My main is supported by an army of tradeskillers, he doesn't move without them.

    It's my rules on transfers, not yours, which is why your whole premise about "respecting logic" was so patently wrong.

    What you may do, is not what others will do, as you're not footing the bill.

    Logic 101.
    From the #1 Cata review on Amazon.com: "Blizzard's greatest misstep was blaming players instead of admitting their mistakes. They've convinced half of the population that the other half are unskilled whiners, causing a permanent rift in the community."
    Blizzard's blame game in action: Deleting 6,100+ of Kevyne's posts and threads from the WoW forums.

  2. #182
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevyne-Shandris View Post
    Needing both implies the dude was public raiding, as guilds will gear out important roles fast to progress faster.
    I would never join a guild who uses some system to decide who needs gear 1st and who is last on the list. This is why there is DKP system, so you will spend dkp you earned in order to get gear you need for participating in your guild raids....

  3. #183
    Quote Originally Posted by Tribunal View Post
    It's called valor points?
    It's not valor points. You cannot buy raid drops by Valor Points, and developers most of the time deny people good itemized valor items and provide no weapons.

    Similar suggestions were made for standard raids as well. To have so me kind of raid currency to get boss drops while content is still current and not in next year or next life.

    I am all up for it, but not on LFR-only level. System must be improved globally, as lottery is quite old and unfair system.
    Last edited by Ferocity; 2012-12-03 at 01:15 AM.

  4. #184
    The Lightbringer Kevyne-Shandris's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Basking in the Light
    Posts
    3,255
    Quote Originally Posted by Brooxi View Post
    A much easier solution would be to remove all gear from LFR. It's only purpose is to "see content" and there for gear isn't needed.
    When normal/heroic raids have all their gear removed. For they're just playing for the gear and not caring to "see content" itself, content that takes millions to produce, and leaves but empty instances after they used it and discarded it like trash.
    From the #1 Cata review on Amazon.com: "Blizzard's greatest misstep was blaming players instead of admitting their mistakes. They've convinced half of the population that the other half are unskilled whiners, causing a permanent rift in the community."
    Blizzard's blame game in action: Deleting 6,100+ of Kevyne's posts and threads from the WoW forums.

  5. #185
    Bloodsail Admiral Sykol's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Alberta
    Posts
    1,227
    This is the reason why I'm convinced that everyone who says or thinks they're smart are really just average. Maybe a little below. We're talking about another level of JP/VP here. That's not a brilliant idea. That's adding an extra currency to WoW for LFR.

    How about this: every time you down a boss in LFR, the exact piece of loot you need at the moment drops. And if there's nothing you can use from that specific boss, instead you get a mount.

  6. #186
    There IS NO problem with LFR loot.

    In fact... people who SAY there's a problem with LFR loot now, because they can't even need on other peoples items for gold anymore, so it doesnt feel worthwhile going in if they don't get anything at all back... THESE people are the problems that there were with LFR before.

    Blizzard has fixed this now.

  7. #187
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevyne-Shandris View Post
    When normal/heroic raids have all their gear removed. For they're just playing for the gear and not caring to "see content" itself, content that takes millions to produce, and leaves but empty instances after they used it and discarded it like trash.
    It's funny because most of them advocating the position that lfr shouldn't have gear is acting like they raid for the pure purpose of "seeing content". By and large the truth is they are greedy assholes. They want it all for themselves and nothing for other people. Even the pittance you get from LFR is to much. Far to much. I mean they raid, their raiding time is far more valuable than anything you and i do. We should just suck it up and be happy. The reality is they absolutely feel entitled to lord over you and I with their raiding gear. They feel entitled to being special cause their time as raiders is more valuable.

  8. #188
    Quote Originally Posted by rogueMatthias View Post
    There IS NO problem with LFR loot.

    In fact... people who SAY there's a problem with LFR loot now, because they can't even need on other peoples items for gold anymore, so it doesnt feel worthwhile going in if they don't get anything at all back... THESE people are the problems that there were with LFR before.

    Blizzard has fixed this now.
    Who are you to decide what i need or what i dont need? Also selling items from lfr wouldnt be such a gold earner since you cant trade gold to ppl from other servers, and I have about 1.4mill gold atm so i need gear more then i need gold + that 28.5g you get from bag is a disrespect to ppl.

  9. #189
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevyne-Shandris View Post
    When normal/heroic raids have all their gear removed. For they're just playing for the gear and not caring to "see content" itself, content that takes millions to produce, and leaves but empty instances after they used it and discarded it like trash.
    The purpose of normal/heroics is to raid (yes actually do real raids/raiding) and obtain gear/other rewards so why would you remove the reason for them?

    I can find you several blue posts stating the only purpose of Looking for Retard is to see the content if you like. There is no reason for gear to be involved... So remove all gear from lfr and problem solved.

  10. #190
    The Lightbringer Kevyne-Shandris's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Basking in the Light
    Posts
    3,255
    Quote Originally Posted by TonyIommi View Post
    It's funny because most of them advocating the position that lfr shouldn't have gear is acting like they raid for the pure purpose of "seeing content". By and large the truth is they are greedy assholes. They want it all for themselves and nothing for other people. Even the pittance you get from LFR is to much. Far to much. I mean they raid, their raiding time is far more valuable than anything you and i do. We should just suck it up and be happy. The reality is they absolutely feel entitled to lord over you and I with their raiding gear. They feel entitled to being special cause their time as raiders is more valuable.
    Exactly.

    Seen it in EQ2 in spades (where it's even worse, as top raid guilds control the economy), and then they wonder why no one plays the game? They chased everyone away for their selfishness. Very short sighted greedy guys only in it for themselves.

    Can't wait for the day devs finally stop enabling them with candy, and tell them to goto the gym, instead. The game will survive fine without them.
    From the #1 Cata review on Amazon.com: "Blizzard's greatest misstep was blaming players instead of admitting their mistakes. They've convinced half of the population that the other half are unskilled whiners, causing a permanent rift in the community."
    Blizzard's blame game in action: Deleting 6,100+ of Kevyne's posts and threads from the WoW forums.

  11. #191
    Quote Originally Posted by Brooxi View Post
    The purpose of normal/heroics is to raid (yes actually do real raids/raiding) and obtain gear/other rewards so why would you remove the reason for them?

    I can find you several blue posts stating the only purpose of Looking for Retard is to see the content if you like. There is no reason for gear to be involved... So remove all gear from it and problem solved.
    Same with normal raid, you can do it in blues you get from hc dungeons, so kill bosses with them and see content , end of story...

    ---------- Post added 2012-12-03 at 02:32 AM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Kevyne-Shandris View Post
    Exactly.

    Seen it in EQ2 in spades (where it's even worse, as top raid guilds control the economy), and then they wonder why no one plays the game? They chased everyone away for their selfishness. Very short sighted greedy guys only in it for themselves.

    Can't wait for the day devs finally stop enabling them with candy, and tell them to goto the gym, instead. The game will survive fine without them.
    TBh thats true, there are more ppl who play this game for loot and fun then there are HC raiders, or ppl who have time to do normal raids in set time/date... many times more.

  12. #192
    Quote Originally Posted by TonyIommi View Post
    It's funny because most of them advocating the position that lfr shouldn't have gear is acting like they raid for the pure purpose of "seeing content". By and large the truth is they are greedy assholes. They want it all for themselves and nothing for other people. Even the pittance you get from LFR is to much. Far to much. I mean they raid, their raiding time is far more valuable than anything you and i do. We should just suck it up and be happy. The reality is they absolutely feel entitled to lord over you and I with their raiding gear. They feel entitled to being special cause their time as raiders is more valuable.
    There are many things I am "acting like [sic]". Let me share a few of them:

    -I'm acting like LFR was created to see content and Raiding was created for progression (which is loot yes)
    -I'm acting like Raiding actually takes some skill, coordination and cooperation and LFR doesn't
    -I'm acting like people who do heroic dungeons deserve loot a whole lot more than people who go semi-afk and get carried through LFR
    -I'm acting like people shouldn't expect loot out of LFR, and be happy with the system as it is
    -I'm acting like I am entitled to raid rewards, yes, because I raid. If you are doing LFR, you do not.
    -I'm acting like if I make the time to do normal raids, and invest in my character, I deserve the associated rewards. That is all.
    -I'm acting like your argument makes even a tiny amount of sense, when in reality you just seem to complain and change your view every second post in order to rant

    I came in here to suggest the LFR loot system is fine as it is, although it could be more transparent, and to remind people what LFR really is and who it is for. Sorry that this somehow offends you, but that is the state of the game we play.

    And if feedback is always useful, then my feedback is just as relevant (if not more relevant) than yours.

    ---------- Post added 2012-12-03 at 12:45 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Kevyne-Shandris View Post
    The problem with respecting your own logic on this is you implied moving one toon around. My main is supported by an army of tradeskillers, he doesn't move without them.
    You implied that transfers were somehow exorbitantly expensive for a vocal minority of players who enjoy doing LFR because they cannot raid.

    Your personal situation of "an army of tradeskillers" seems like the exception and not the rule.

    I would have to see much harder evidence before I begin changing my attitude towards players based on the assumption that maybe LFR is "all they can do".

    Let me know which part of this you take issue with.

  13. #193
    The Lightbringer Kevyne-Shandris's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Basking in the Light
    Posts
    3,255
    Quote Originally Posted by Luciferiuz View Post
    You implied that transfers were somehow exorbitantly expensive for a vocal minority of players who enjoy doing LFR because they cannot raid.
    Blizzard tried to fix the realm unbalances with transfers. Been offering transfers for years now. It doesn't fix the problem. So if Blizzard can't fix it, I know these "suggestions" won't either.

    So Luciferiuz, are you stating your suggestion works when Blizzard can't even get it to work???

    ...Logic...
    From the #1 Cata review on Amazon.com: "Blizzard's greatest misstep was blaming players instead of admitting their mistakes. They've convinced half of the population that the other half are unskilled whiners, causing a permanent rift in the community."
    Blizzard's blame game in action: Deleting 6,100+ of Kevyne's posts and threads from the WoW forums.

  14. #194
    there is an addon can solve this problem i think

  15. #195
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevyne-Shandris View Post
    Blizzard tried to fix the realm unbalances with transfers. Been offering transfers for years now. It doesn't fix the problem. So if Blizzard can't fix it, I know these "suggestions" won't either.

    So Luciferiuz, are you stating your suggestion works when Blizzard can't even get it to work???
    If you think free server transfers from High Pop (see: popular) servers to Low Pop (see: dead) servers work at the same rate of efficiency as elective transfers to servers with an established active population that you can preview well ahead of time then we don't have much more to talk about.

    All I am saying is "my server doesnt raid so everyone should treat me nicer for just doing LFR" is both unrealistic and a cop out.

    LogicLogicLogicLogicLogicLogicLogic

  16. #196
    The Lightbringer Kevyne-Shandris's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Basking in the Light
    Posts
    3,255
    Quote Originally Posted by Luciferiuz View Post
    All I am saying is "my server doesnt raid so everyone should treat me nicer for just doing LFR" is both unrealistic and a cop out.
    When you start putting money where that mouth is, it gets rather expensive.

    I'm sure after losing a couple hundred dollars (as that is how much it'll cost to move my toons to another realm), you'll finally see the bigger picture why your "solution" is the cop out.

    LFR is fine for the moment. I only hope it expands to normal/heroic raids next.
    From the #1 Cata review on Amazon.com: "Blizzard's greatest misstep was blaming players instead of admitting their mistakes. They've convinced half of the population that the other half are unskilled whiners, causing a permanent rift in the community."
    Blizzard's blame game in action: Deleting 6,100+ of Kevyne's posts and threads from the WoW forums.

  17. #197
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevyne-Shandris View Post
    When you start putting money where that mouth is, it gets rather expensive.

    I'm sure after losing a couple hundred dollars (as that is how much it'll cost to move my toons to another realm), you'll finally see the bigger picture why your "solution" is the cop out.
    Not sure how many times I have to say this, but I'll reiterate a third time in bold just for you.

    You are not who I was talking about. I was talking about reasonable people who raid on one (unsupported) character.

    Especially since you haven't even done LFR on your pally, who has two primary professions so I'm not sure how he would require support from your wide range of "necessary" alts. My solution isn't for you, but equally I've never heard of anyone who needs more than 1-2 characters to support their main and judging by your raid progress (or lack thereof) I highly doubt you do either.

    Quote Originally Posted by Kevyne-Shandris View Post
    LFR is fine for the moment. I only hope it expands to normal/heroic raids next.
    Then wtf are we talking about. Cross server raids/hms would be good - just not if you had to queue for them.

  18. #198
    The Lightbringer Kevyne-Shandris's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Basking in the Light
    Posts
    3,255
    Quote Originally Posted by Luciferiuz View Post
    Especially since you haven't even done LFR on your pally
    lol

    I dinged 90 last week. It's obvious since I don't even have the reps open to meet the LFR ilvl requirement. Let alone I'm more interested in getting CP gear, as the stats are similar to LFR gear anyway, and I only need one set of gear to heal in PvE and PvP.

    Terrific!
    From the #1 Cata review on Amazon.com: "Blizzard's greatest misstep was blaming players instead of admitting their mistakes. They've convinced half of the population that the other half are unskilled whiners, causing a permanent rift in the community."
    Blizzard's blame game in action: Deleting 6,100+ of Kevyne's posts and threads from the WoW forums.

  19. #199
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevyne-Shandris View Post
    lol

    I dinged 90 last week. It's obvious since I don't even have the reps open to meet the LFR ilvl requirement.
    Odd part of my post to fixate on, but anyway.

    You don't need rep to do LFR or to get the ilvl, I was 462 in about 3 days.

    Conq gear is def better tho. Still I'm unsure as to why you are debating whether or not LFR is working as intended when you obviously have no idea what you are talking about but whatever.

  20. #200
    The Lightbringer Kevyne-Shandris's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Basking in the Light
    Posts
    3,255
    Not so odd, since you mentioned it.

    You may gotten to LFR in 3 days, but you're also spending 3 days complaining about it too.

    Maybe if you spent 2 weeks enjoying the other aspects of the game, you wouldn't be in your predicament.
    From the #1 Cata review on Amazon.com: "Blizzard's greatest misstep was blaming players instead of admitting their mistakes. They've convinced half of the population that the other half are unskilled whiners, causing a permanent rift in the community."
    Blizzard's blame game in action: Deleting 6,100+ of Kevyne's posts and threads from the WoW forums.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •