Page 11 of 20 FirstFirst ...
9
10
11
12
13
... LastLast
  1. #201
    The Patient
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Alberta, Canada
    Posts
    280
    Quote Originally Posted by Luciferiuz View Post
    Firstly, you should try to use words you know how to use correctly instead of acting smart and saying implicates instead of implies.

    Normal raids are for progression, which includes loot, because they are a difficult experience which requires cooperation and prior planning.

    LFR is something you queue for and then faceroll in order to see what the bosses look like and get some watered-down idea of their mechanics.

    LFR has never been intended as a place for you to gear up regularly, it is a bonus for people who wouldn't otherwise get to participate in raid content.

    Just because you use it for gear doesn't make that it's intended purpose - much like if you wear your shoe as a hat, it might work but it's not recommended.

    So no, you deserve nothing. Take your valor points and be happy if you end up with a bonus.
    Seeing as you obviously didn't read my earlier post, and/or need to hear it again, I will quote it:

    HEY ARSHOLE! STOP REFERRING TO THE LFR AS "FREE LOOT" AND AS "NOTHING"! MAYBE IN YOUR ELITIST SELFISH WOW WORLD IT IS, BUT FOR MANY OF US, THE LFR IS OUR ENTIRE WOW WORLD THESE DAYS! TAKE YOUR LOOT YOU GET FROM REAL RAIDING AND STICK IT UP YOUR ARS - MAYBE JUST YOU SHOULD GET NO LOOT BECAUSE YOU SELFISHLY BEGRUDGE OTHERS DESIRE TO GET IT! IF YOU CARE SO LITTLE ABOUT LFR, THEN GO AWAY TO ANOTHER FORUM POST - HOWEVER, IF YOU RUN LFR AND ARE HAPPY TO GET A SINGLE OF PIECE OF LOOT, THEN SHUT UP! YOU KNOW FULL WELL THAT THE PURPOSE OF THE LFR IS TO GET LOOT - OTHERWISE YOU WOULDN'T BE RUNNING IT AT ALL - YOU'D JUST BE DOING "REAL RAIDING"! OBVIOUSLY YOUR TOO GOOD AT WOW FOR US, WHO FIND THAT THE LFR AT LEAST TAKES TIME AND EFFORT, AND EXPECT THAT THE REWARDS COULD BETTER FIT THE EFFORT WE PUT FORTH!

    If you're too good to find the lfr challenging, don't do it! Its not completely easy for everyone. You elitist raiding jerks too selfish to consider lesser players make me sick!

  2. #202
    The Lightbringer Kevyne-Shandris's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Basking in the Light
    Posts
    3,255
    Quote Originally Posted by Rielthas View Post
    If you're too good to find the lfr challenging, don't do it!
    He's already bragging he got into LFR in 3 days. Yet he's spending more time complaining about loot due to skipping content.

    Sure didn't get his rep gear in 3 days, so he went in expecting others to push him through for gear.

    Typical mindset of such types.
    From the #1 Cata review on Amazon.com: "Blizzard's greatest misstep was blaming players instead of admitting their mistakes. They've convinced half of the population that the other half are unskilled whiners, causing a permanent rift in the community."
    Blizzard's blame game in action: Deleting 6,100+ of Kevyne's posts and threads from the WoW forums.

  3. #203
    if i remember the old way, you didn't always get gear when you ran raids anyways. I remember weeks in a row of getting no drops then other times getting a few drops. 2 pieces of gear a week would be insane. You would have a character tiered out and just sitting idle till next upgrade/patch all the time. Quit whining about being locked out and not always winning every time you raid/play the game.

  4. #204
    The Patient
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Alberta, Canada
    Posts
    280
    Quote Originally Posted by Brooxi View Post
    A much easier solution would be to remove all gear from LFR. It's only purpose is to "see content" and there for gear isn't needed.
    We've all heard that annoying ridiculous statement a million times - stop frigging saying that. It is an out of date definition of the lfr - its only been successful because it evolved into something much more.

    By that definition, most of us have "seen the content" so we should just al quit doing it right? Shut the frig up, Blizzard is not as dumn as you, they realize that the LFR has become much more than that, and has because successful because of it.

    Your just another elitist jerk who thinks only the raiding they do is the only "real raiding" worth rewarding - one of the many who should read my earlier "Her arshole" post!

  5. #205
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevyne-Shandris View Post
    Not so odd, since you mentioned it.

    You may gotten to LFR in 3 days, but you're also spending 3 days complaining about it too.

    Maybe if you spent 2 weeks enjoying the other aspects of the game, you wouldn't be in your predicament.
    I mentioned it as part of a whole, not as something to be taken out of context but sure whatever.

    Also, I feel like you are somehow misunderstanding me here. I've spent part of 1 day (in which I was at work) trying to tell people NOT to complain about.

    I don't need LFR at all, I run it in my offspec when I get bored, that's it.

    So what exactly is my predicament? That I run normal mode raids and am ranked in the top 10 of my spec on my server?

    I do plenty of game content - LFR is really the least of it.

  6. #206
    The Patient
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Alberta, Canada
    Posts
    280
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevyne-Shandris View Post
    He's already bragging he got into LFR in 3 days. Yet he's spending more time complaining about loot due to skipping content.

    Sure didn't get his rep gear in 3 days, so he went in expecting others to push him through for gear.

    Typical mindset of such types.
    That's my quote you originally quoted, but the part in the body of the message is not. Why are you saying I said I got into lfr in 3 days????? Nothing I posted said that??? Who are you talking about???

  7. #207
    The Patient
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Alberta, Canada
    Posts
    280
    Quote Originally Posted by Luciferiuz View Post
    I mentioned it as part of a whole, not as something to be taken out of context but sure whatever.

    Also, I feel like you are somehow misunderstanding me here. I've spent part of 1 day (in which I was at work) trying to tell people NOT to complain about.

    I don't need LFR at all, I run it in my offspec when I get bored, that's it.

    So what exactly is my predicament? That I run normal mode raids and am ranked in the top 10 of my spec on my server?

    I do plenty of game content - LFR is really the least of it.
    So why the hell are you here? Go somewhere else where they're talking about content you actually do! You obviously have no opinion here, just sounding like some jerk in the peanut gallery!

  8. #208
    There is absolutely NOTHING wrong with the current LFR loot system. Nothing at all. Zip. Zero. Zilch. Nada.

    The only reason people think there's something wrong is because they get a piece of loot they can use less often than is personally acceptable to them. That doesn't mean the system is wrong, only that they have no concept of patience.
    Humans are the only species on the planet smart enough to be this stupid.

  9. #209
    Considering they have VP and JP in the game, this isn't needed, and personally, I think loot is easy enough to get as it is. If you are doing LFR and already downing everything, you don't really need upgrades when you think about it....

  10. #210
    The Lightbringer Kevyne-Shandris's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Basking in the Light
    Posts
    3,255
    Quote Originally Posted by Rielthas View Post
    That's my quote you originally quoted, but the part in the body of the message is not. Why are you saying I said I got into lfr in 3 days????? Nothing I posted said that??? Who are you talking about???
    Drink some coffee.
    From the #1 Cata review on Amazon.com: "Blizzard's greatest misstep was blaming players instead of admitting their mistakes. They've convinced half of the population that the other half are unskilled whiners, causing a permanent rift in the community."
    Blizzard's blame game in action: Deleting 6,100+ of Kevyne's posts and threads from the WoW forums.

  11. #211
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevyne-Shandris View Post
    He's already bragging he got into LFR in 3 days. Yet he's spending more time complaining about loot due to skipping content.

    Sure didn't get his rep gear in 3 days, so he went in expecting others to push him through for gear.

    Typical mindset of such types.
    I wasn't bragging. I was asking why you weren't in LFR. Conq gear was your response.

    I got my rep gear the hard way, including Klaxxi neck in under 3 days.

    I have worked for everything I have. No one has "pushed me through". I'm a tank.

    ---------- Post added 2012-12-03 at 04:08 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Rielthas View Post
    If you're too good to find the lfr challenging, don't do it! Its not completely easy for everyone. You elitist raiding jerks too selfish to consider lesser players make me sick!
    Skipping your massive retarded wall of text that was virtually meaningless.

    It's simple for everyone, I don't look down on anyone who does it. All I have said this whole time is that the loot system is fine, and that the intention of LFR is for people to see content (people like you) not for people to gear up.

    You can read this on the Blizzard Raid Finder page very easily (assuming you can raid).

    I run LFR for Valor points. Not for loot. Loot is a bonus. Blizzard has said this many times.

    There is no reason to have a hissy fit. I respect all players. I just play the game as it is intended and don't complain about things which are operating as intended.

  12. #212
    You should be happy LFR is even in the game, tbh its fine where its at.. not everything should be handed out on a golden platter, but yet again when something new comes out this is what people expect.

  13. #213
    Quote Originally Posted by Rielthas View Post
    That's my quote you originally quoted, but the part in the body of the message is not. Why are you saying I said I got into lfr in 3 days????? Nothing I posted said that??? Who are you talking about???
    Idiot confirmed.

    EDIT: Also, I read back through your wall of ridiculousness.

    Effort you put forth? I had a good laugh about this one. Likely every LFR you have ever been in has been carried by the "real raiders" you proclaim to hate. Which is fine. But don't act like it is actually difficult or merits any more reward than 90 valors and the chance at loot.

    Mod Edit: Please don't insult other users.
    Last edited by Shamanic; 2012-12-03 at 08:48 AM.

  14. #214
    Bloodsail Admiral Ethes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Tokyo, Japan (日本東京)
    Posts
    1,137
    Quote Originally Posted by Luciferiuz View Post
    You implied that transfers were somehow exorbitantly expensive for a vocal minority of players who enjoy doing LFR because they cannot raid.

    Your personal situation of "an army of tradeskillers" seems like the exception and not the rule.
    The size of his army of tradeskillers probably is (if he has 3 accounts with 11 chars per account, or even less than that) but that doesn't mean people don't have max level alts who contribute to eachother will skills. At least half of my former guildmembers were in a similar situation and yes, realm transfers are really expensive in the case of 3+ characters. 1 character costs €20 to transfer, so make that €60+ for 3 or more characters. Thats at least 4 months of game-time for something that is really not that expensive and time consuming for blizzard to do.

    As for the LFR "issue" I agree with you. There is no problem!

  15. #215
    the flaw in your idea is that it gives a time frame in which you obtain the items. blizzard doesnt like that, they want to you to keep paying and running LFR for 3 months and still miss that int trinket or mail bracers.

  16. #216
    I'd also like to add, to be honest, a lot of these "great ideas" are downright silly. One of the big points of the game is that you always have something to work on, some sort of progression. LFR is fine as it is, if anything I'd have to say it's way too easy for the level of gear it gives. Let me put it to you this way, if there was something like a quest that took 15 minutes and it gave you a legendary that damn near doubled your dps.... that'd be pretty sweet, right? But in a lot of ways you'd get bored fast after you were done going around and owning everything. Or if blizz decided to mail everybody 50k gold, would be awesome... until you realize that the market's would be negatively affected. Some changes that look awesome really arent as good if you look down the road.

  17. #217
    The Lightbringer Kevyne-Shandris's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Basking in the Light
    Posts
    3,255
    Quote Originally Posted by Luciferiuz View Post
    I wasn't bragging. I was asking why you weren't in LFR. Conq gear was your response.
    My priorities isn't racing to LFR since the gear is only slightly better than CP gear. Now if the gear is only a tad better than CP gear, and I could heal either with it...guess what I'll be doing?

    I have more fun in the BGs than in raids now anyway, as I don't just spam HR until I fall asleep. PvP still is a very active playstyle, while everything else is turning into a generic snorefest.
    From the #1 Cata review on Amazon.com: "Blizzard's greatest misstep was blaming players instead of admitting their mistakes. They've convinced half of the population that the other half are unskilled whiners, causing a permanent rift in the community."
    Blizzard's blame game in action: Deleting 6,100+ of Kevyne's posts and threads from the WoW forums.

  18. #218
    Quote Originally Posted by Rielthas View Post
    By that definition, most of us have "seen the content" so we should just al quit doing it right? Shut the frig up, Blizzard is not as dumn as you, they realize that the LFR has become much more than that, and has because successful because of it.
    Just because you treat it like a loot factory doesnt mean Blizzard is designing it as one.

    It is possible to get plenty of loot out of LFR, I have got about 15 epics since launch, this doesn't need to be improved.

    The game is built on loot being RNG. Deal with it.

  19. #219
    The Patient
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Alberta, Canada
    Posts
    280
    Quote Originally Posted by Luciferiuz View Post
    There are many things I am "acting like [sic]". Let me share a few of them:

    -I'm acting like LFR was created to see content and Raiding was created for progression (which is loot yes)
    -I'm acting like Raiding actually takes some skill, coordination and cooperation and LFR doesn't
    -I'm acting like people who do heroic dungeons deserve loot a whole lot more than people who go semi-afk and get carried through LFR
    -I'm acting like people shouldn't expect loot out of LFR, and be happy with the system as it is
    -I'm acting like I am entitled to raid rewards, yes, because I raid. If you are doing LFR, you do not.
    -I'm acting like if I make the time to do normal raids, and invest in my character, I deserve the associated rewards. That is all.
    -I'm acting like your argument makes even a tiny amount of sense, when in reality you just seem to complain and change your view every second post in order to rant

    I came in here to suggest the LFR loot system is fine as it is, although it could be more transparent, and to remind people what LFR really is and who it is for. Sorry that this somehow offends you, but that is the state of the game we play..
    You're acting like you are as asshole! Pardon my language

    You deserve shit, because you shit on others - Pardon my language again

    You don't need to remind people what you think lfr is, because its an out-of-date idea that you have no concept of because you don't really do it

    Bad Feedback is like shit - everybody can put it out, but it stinks so bad, nobody else really wants it.

    Please shut up and go do something that you don't consider beneath you.

    And for your information, how is gear for progression in real raids and heroic when even after you down the heroic version of the final boss, gear still continues to drop? Maybe they should stop giving heroic drops once a raid team has downed the final heroic boss of the tier

  20. #220
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevyne-Shandris View Post
    My priorities isn't racing to LFR since the gear is only slightly better than CP gear. Now if the gear is only a tad better than CP gear, and I could heal either with it...guess what I'll be doing?

    I have more fun in the BGs than in raids now anyway, as I don't just spam HR until I fall asleep. PvP still is a very active playstyle, while everything else is turning into a generic snorefest.
    Is it really hard to read my post or something? I said you explained it as conq gear, as in that is a perfectly legitimate response. This is the second time I have agreed with you about that.

    Also, if you knew anything about the "active" tanking model, or had actually done the current raid tier, you might understand that it's far from spam one button and is definitely not a snorefest.

    ---------- Post added 2012-12-03 at 04:17 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Rielthas View Post
    You're acting like you are as asshole! Pardon my language

    You deserve shit, because you shit on others - Pardon my language again

    You don't need to remind people what you think lfr is, because its an out-of-date idea that you have no concept of because you don't really do it

    Bad Feedback is like shit - everybody can put it out, but it stinks so bad, nobody else really wants it.

    Please shut up and go do something that you don't consider beneath you.

    And for your information, how is gear for progression in real raids and heroic when even after you down the heroic version of the final boss, gear still continues to drop? Maybe they should stop giving heroic drops once a raid team has downed the final heroic boss of the tier
    Why are you so angry? I'm tellign you what LFR is on the live site. You can go read it.

    No idea why you are personally attacking me, I've done nothing to you.

    So why dont you shut up, coz you are adding nothing here but insults.

    You seriously don't even make sense, and I wonder if you have ever even seen a heroic mode.

    The boss continues to drop gear so you can gear up for the rest of the tier - and most top progression guilds swap to alts once they have cleared the tier.

    Seriously bro change your tampon.

    I'd also bet I've done a lot more LFR than you and have a very clear idea of what it is.
    Last edited by Kanadei; 2012-12-03 at 05:17 AM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •