Page 12 of 20 FirstFirst ...
2
10
11
12
13
14
... LastLast
  1. #221
    High Overlord Nathane's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Oregon
    Posts
    154
    How about get rid of LFR?

  2. #222
    Quote Originally Posted by Rielthas View Post
    You're acting like you are as asshole! Pardon my language

    You deserve shit, because you shit on others - Pardon my language again

    You don't need to remind people what you think lfr is, because its an out-of-date idea that you have no concept of because you don't really do it

    Bad Feedback is like shit - everybody can put it out, but it stinks so bad, nobody else really wants it.

    Please shut up and go do something that you don't consider beneath you.

    And for your information, how is gear for progression in real raids and heroic when even after you down the heroic version of the final boss, gear still continues to drop? Maybe they should stop giving heroic drops once a raid team has downed the final heroic boss of the tier
    Why are you so angry? I'm tellign you what LFR is on the live site. You can go read it.

    No idea why you are personally attacking me, I've done nothing to you.

    So why dont you shut up, coz you are adding nothing here but insults.

    You seriously don't even make sense, and I wonder if you have ever even seen a heroic mode.

    The boss continues to drop gear so you can gear up for the next tier - and most top progression guilds swap to alts once they have cleared the tier.

    Seriously bro change your tampon.

  3. #223
    The Patient
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Alberta, Canada
    Posts
    271
    Quote Originally Posted by Luciferiuz View Post
    Idiot confirmed.

    EDIT: Also, I read back through your wall of ridiculousness.

    Effort you put forth? I had a good laugh about this one. Likely every LFR you have ever been in has been carried by the "real raiders" you proclaim to hate. Which is fine. But don't act like it is actually difficult or merits any more reward than 90 valors and the chance at loot.
    Elitist Asshole confirmed!

    I work very hard every week to do my best, like I always do in lfr, regardless of how "easy" idiots like you feel it is. Once again, if you're too good for the lfr, go away and find a thread about content that isn't beneath you.

    You have an opinion about lfr, and I'm sure its perfectly valid for you, but its shit to the people who believe in threads like this suggesting the lfr needs a fix.

    Opinions are like assholes, and wait - so are you!!

  4. #224
    Stood in the Fire plastkaze's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Warabi, Saitama
    Posts
    479
    What is there to solve when there are no problems?

  5. #225
    First you have to understand how RNG and loot works on the brain. A good article about that is Phat Loot and Neurotransmitters in World of Warcraft, by Jamie Madigan, 2009-12-27.

    Your system boils down to VP w/o the rep grind (ie. the system as it was in 4.3) but then where you can buy all the items, w/o gear drops. It removes the surprise/RNG element related to raiding (ie. compare to getting MAYBE a NICE xmas present; the chance of you getting a nice one is low, but if you get it, you'll be very happy). The old VP system was removed because people complained there was nothing to do in WoW so Blizzard introduced dailies and grinds and tried to make them as non repetitive and fun as they could (for retention, and to give players a goal to work towards (rep and VP requirements)). Your system also will make players skip the "hard" bosses in LFR (if Spirit Kings and Elegon give me 25 VP each, I am not going to wipe for 1 hr with noob tanks on Will of the Emperor; I'm sure you can imagine some analogy with Garalon as well).

    Now, as much as I hate getting a drop I can't use, not getting that one BiS item for months, and as much as I hate the rep grinds in a subscription-based MMORPG these systems just work. Sure, they have their flaws and bad sides, but they work. It is like progressing on a fight, and then finally downing it (ie. sense of accomplishment).

    Your proposal adds nothing to the current incarnation of the system (which is an improvement over 4.3), sorry. It is hardly brilliant; it is a step back. If you still don't understand, I will explain: it is because in your system there is no RNG factor involved (= no surprise at what you are getting but something you are working towards, like with VP/rep grind; its like getting a xmas present, knowing what it is; woohoo). Raiding, and even dungeons, involve RNG and this does affect player performance heck can even influence guild progression. To mitigate that, Blizzard introduced a lucky charm system which can give a random drop; I disagree with that drop being random because it is already RNG in the sense that you are getting something. So instead, they could lower the chance you get something with your charm, but if you are lucky, you get to pick a piece of loot the boss drops. Aside from that, the 15 sec you got is simply too short with stuff like chests, loot council, etc. Problem with that system, is that the RNG would be too spikey (ie. the people who complain now they never received anything from LFR in say one month would be more loud, with others being lucky and sharing such experience to furthermore draw the extremes).

    Now, I casually play GW2, but am not max level yet however am very curious how such a MMORPG (since it isn't subscription based) is dealing with loot. It seems the dailies there are more liberal, like "daily kill variety" and "daily kills" and "daily gathering" whereas WoW's daily quests are very specific. I believe a more liberal approach gives players more freedom, especially when casually playing, but once it is min-maxed and researched players will use such and find the path of least resistance thereby farming.

    I also recently read Blizzard wants to allow alternatives to rep grind via questing. Some solutions to this could be after completed scenario giving some rep, or providing a tabard which provides a little rep (but being less efficient than doing the quests) in other words alternatives which are less efficient, but which nonetheless are an alternative if the player wishes to.

    TL;DR WoW loot has 2 components 1) it requires skill/time/effort/work/investment 2) it requires luck/RNG. You take away factor 2, and the result will feel less rewarding.
    "When i am done with you, you won't trust your own mind."

  6. #226
    And for your information, how is gear for progression in real raids and heroic when even after you down the heroic version of the final boss, gear still continues to drop? Maybe they should stop giving heroic drops once a raid team has downed the final heroic boss of the tier
    Heroic gear tends to be higher ilvl than the next tier's normal mode, or at least comparable ilvl. Thus it is still for progression.

    LFR really is just to "see the content" which is what normal modes were originally for, but even those were too hard for some people.

    If you feel entitled to LFR as a form of progression and gear progression, I don't know what to tell you except Blizzard has stated their intent otherwise for LFR.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eroginous View Post
    Unfortunately for you, dictionaries are not authorities on the definitions of words.
    Ezekiel 23:20, Ezekiel 16:49-50, Mark 10:25, James 5:1-6, Luke 16:19-31, Matthew 19:21, Numbers 5:11-31

  7. #227
    Once again you stoop to insults cos you have no valid points. I have never said LFR is beneath me, I enjoy running it. But if you are honestly telling me you believe it is difficult content then you are plainly mistaken as blizzard has said many times in the past. It offers plenty of rewards as it is. So why don't you try and tell me without insults or juvenile accusations what you would like changed and why - without looking down on me because I'm a normal mode raider please.

  8. #228
    The Patient
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Alberta, Canada
    Posts
    271
    And I've seen a few heroic bosses, only downed one while it was current content, because I'm not as good a player as you, and you're comments are extremely insulting to me. I've done my share of regular raiding too - this tier on my server, there's too many better players looking for raid spots for me to get one.

    The LFR is content for players like me, not you. That's why it drops 483's at best, not the 490+ into the 500 range which is the gear you can get this tier. Why are you such a jerk towards players who rely on the loot that for you will be a short tempory placeholder until you get better gear from your raids? Did you ever stop to ask that? What the hell is it to you if I get a set of 483 gear in 2 -3 months, how will that hurt you any? Why are you here trolling us??? You have no opinion that is in any way valid to the people who are in favor of this thread - your obviously way above us in skill level, and have no use for the lfr at all. Why are you commenting on it?

    Just go away and leave us alone to discuss an issue that effects us, and affects you not at all!

  9. #229
    Repeatedly you have told me I don't belong, insulted me, told me this content isn't for me despite me enjoying it and insulted me on as many levels as possible while I have done nothing to you.

    Please try and discuss this normally, you sound like a little kid having a hissy fit.

  10. #230
    The Patient
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Alberta, Canada
    Posts
    271
    Quote Originally Posted by plastkaze View Post
    What is there to solve when there are no problems?
    If enough of us say its a problem and its an issue, then its an issue! Who are you to say its not. Forums are for expressing and discussing issues we see - not for shooting down our opinion on what is an issue and what is not.

  11. #231
    I'm not being a jerk, just stating my opinion. I'm not sure why you find it do insulting.

  12. #232
    Quote Originally Posted by Rielthas View Post
    If enough of us say its a problem and its an issue, then its an issue! Who are you to say its not. Forums are for expressing and discussing issues we see - not for shooting down our opinion on what is an issue and what is not.
    All you are doing is shooting us down. Why don't you try making a point?

  13. #233
    The Patient
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Alberta, Canada
    Posts
    271
    And I've seen a few heroic bosses, only downed one while it was current content, because I'm not as good a player as you, and you're comments are extremely insulting to me.

    That is how you have insulted me, and players like me.

  14. #234
    That sounds just boring. We don't need another token system, you already get some valors from doing them that you can use to buy occasional piece of gear which is actually way better than the drops themself.

  15. #235
    Im voicing my opinion. Why don't you do the same instead of looking down in me and just being insulting?

  16. #236
    Pit Lord Bryntrollian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Outside Black Gate of Mordor...
    Posts
    2,457
    LFR loot isn't broken
    Synek - best rogue in the world
    Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    I don't think I know what the acronym "tsg" is. It's not RBG's or Arena, random battlegrounds, or any form of dungeon or raid that I can think of. What does it mean?

  17. #237
    The Patient
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Alberta, Canada
    Posts
    271
    I have made many points. Go back and read the entire thread. The only points you two have made lately is that it is your opinion that the lfr is too easy to be a gearing method for anybody (even us casuals who still play the game for gear, because that's what an mmo is - just ask Lore), that Blizzards out of date definition of how they see the lfr is king, even though a large # of people who run it don't see it as such (and wouldn't run it more than once or twice if it was) and that you don't feel there is a problem. Do you two have anything else to state thats productive?

    ---------- Post added 2012-12-02 at 10:38 PM ----------

    Your opinion comes down as elitist, jerky, and insulting, and you have stated it enough. Either state something else of value that applies to our skill level, or go away please so we can have good productive points on the subject. My purpose with these last few posts is to get rid of the people who are contributing nothing but condescending remarks against the people who believe in this thread, so we can enjoy the ideas of people who arent'.

  18. #238
    Quote Originally Posted by Rielthas View Post
    And I've seen a few heroic bosses, only downed one while it was current content, because I'm not as good a player as you, and you're comments are extremely insulting to me.

    That is how you have insulted me, and players like me.
    You brought up heroic modes not me. And I've never said I was a better player.

  19. #239
    Keyboard Turner zharkos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Washington
    Posts
    3
    My favorite part of this thread is how OP stated the entire loot system for wrath to a fine point and everyone is comparing with VP instead.

  20. #240
    All you have done is told us we are wrong and should leave this thread or stop doing LFR, things I have have never said to you. So please tell me why you need more rewards.
    EDIT: your opinion comes across as unrealistic, uneducated and entitled, as well as clearly judging and hating on other players. But it's not nice for me to say that is it?

    ---------- Post added 2012-12-03 at 04:43 PM ----------

    Also it isn't your place to get rid of people from a thread. You aren't a moderator.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •