Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst
1
2
3
4
12
... LastLast
  1. #21
    Pit Lord Kezotar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Europe
    Posts
    2,317
    Quote Originally Posted by Raone View Post
    There is 2 reasons why this won't ever work in the current game.

    1) It'll turn LFR into an Honor Grind (A PvE Alterac Valley) which instead of it being about the bosses and their drops it'll be about farming tokens.

    2) There is a clear cut end which is what blizzard doesn't want. Blizzard likes the RNG factor because it extends the longevity of LFR. If they use the token system like you suggest there will be a set time when you finish LFR and never have to do it again. LFR is not a clear cut way to gearing up your character, it's pretty much a large scale VoA or BH boss. Removing any RNG factor will allow players to quickly finish LFR then never que again and then having nothing to do. Sorry to be so ... cut and dry lol
    I can't agree with NR 1 - But the the NR 2 I do agree. Yes but maybe that's the time when players should move towards raiding? They could make the rewards earned via this system like the way blizzard intended. Is it 1 item each week? Well make it 1 item each week. but yeah, might be a problem somehow
    I7 - 4930K / 16 GB - 1600MHZ / R9 290 Core 1220 MHZ - Memory 1550 MHZ

  2. #22
    Legendary! Sorrior's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Anchorage Alaska
    Posts
    6,736
    Your thread just gave me an idea. What if the token we can get from dailies could be made for us to choose to offer lets say 1 for a random item tied to our spec(as it is now) OR we could use all of our current ones(that's 3 and maybe more) for a guranteed item but it might not be spec tied.

    What do you guys think of that.

    Oh and OP i feel your pain VERY badly...Me need a new weapon but random loot no likey..Plus as a tank i kinda need better than a one handed weapon..Nice i mean yeah but still.

  3. #23
    This is just a simplified version of valor points and you want a guaranteed piece of loot a week.

  4. #24
    Pit Lord Kezotar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Europe
    Posts
    2,317
    Quote Originally Posted by Marooned View Post
    RNG is what Blizzard thinks makes looting more exited than Tokens where you can calculate exactly in (x) number of weeks you're youre gonna be this much geared, in (y) youre gonna have weapons etc.
    I spent this weeks 16 bosses down. 3 Tokens spent. Wanna know what loot I got? 1 chest token - I'm happy as fuck. My friend did the same. He got 4 items, spent no token.

    ---------- Post added 2012-12-02 at 03:52 AM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Keilith View Post
    This is just a simplified version of valor points and you want a guaranteed piece of loot a week.
    What is the difference of that if blizzard intended a average of 1 loot every week from the LFR? just that some people get 3 and other 0..
    I7 - 4930K / 16 GB - 1600MHZ / R9 290 Core 1220 MHZ - Memory 1550 MHZ

  5. #25
    The Lightbringer Kevyne-Shandris's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Basking in the Light
    Posts
    3,255
    Quote Originally Posted by Raone View Post
    2) There is a clear cut end which is what blizzard doesn't want. Blizzard likes the RNG factor because it extends the longevity of LFR. If they use the token system like you suggest there will be a set time when you finish LFR and never have to do it again.
    That's already built into the system anyway - got gear don't run again.

    But getting nothing but maybe enough to repair your gear for 1hr of time, is a tad insulting.

    1hr time can make much more just doing dailies (which offer valor too).

    It's about Time+Effort.
    From the #1 Cata review on Amazon.com: "Blizzard's greatest misstep was blaming players instead of admitting their mistakes. They've convinced half of the population that the other half are unskilled whiners, causing a permanent rift in the community."
    Blizzard's blame game in action: Deleting 6,100+ of Kevyne's posts and threads from the WoW forums.

  6. #26
    Legendary! Sorrior's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Anchorage Alaska
    Posts
    6,736
    Quote Originally Posted by Kezotar View Post
    I spent this weeks 16 bosses down. 3 Tokens spent. Wanna know what loot I got? 1 chest token - I'm happy as fuck. My friend did the same. He got 4 items, spent no token.

    ---------- Post added 2012-12-02 at 03:52 AM ----------



    What is the difference of that if blizzard intended a average of 1 loot every week from the LFR? just that some people get 3 and other 0..
    I went 2-3 weeks of it spedning all my tokens nada(outside of sha a PVP cloak) this week used all 5 i had stashed(i was away awhile) and i get 2 items...A belt and weapon(the fist weapon). So yeah it really is a vexing system.

  7. #27
    The Lightbringer Kevyne-Shandris's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Basking in the Light
    Posts
    3,255
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormspellz View Post
    why wouldn't they be? upgraded loot is upgraded loot
    Can't complain about LFR players wanting loot, when raiders are in there being mooches, too.
    From the #1 Cata review on Amazon.com: "Blizzard's greatest misstep was blaming players instead of admitting their mistakes. They've convinced half of the population that the other half are unskilled whiners, causing a permanent rift in the community."
    Blizzard's blame game in action: Deleting 6,100+ of Kevyne's posts and threads from the WoW forums.

  8. #28
    Quote Originally Posted by Kezotar View Post

    What is the difference of that if blizzard intended a average of 1 loot every week from the LFR? just that some people get 3 and other 0..

    The only difference is right now you get 1 piece every 2 weeks and a 2nd piece on the 4th or 5th.

    1250-2250 in cost and a 1500 on an upgrade with the current system.

    To make it guaranteed a week simply raise the valor cap to say 2k then you will get 1 piece a week.



    Please note I do not agree with this but simply adapting what we have to what you want.

  9. #29
    Pit Lord Kezotar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Europe
    Posts
    2,317
    Quote Originally Posted by Keilith View Post
    The only difference is right now you get 1 piece every 2 weeks and a 2nd piece on the 4th or 5th.

    1250-2250 in cost and a 1500 on an upgrade with the current system.

    To make it guaranteed a week simply raise the valor cap to say 2k then you will get 1 piece a week.



    Please note I do not agree with this but simply adapting what we have to what you want.
    I've have two week in a row with tokens and no loot.. Yeah I'm unlucky.
    I7 - 4930K / 16 GB - 1600MHZ / R9 290 Core 1220 MHZ - Memory 1550 MHZ

  10. #30
    Quote Originally Posted by Kezotar View Post
    snip
    So reward people for LFR but keep the same system in normal and heroic because you're guaranteed loot in those difficulties? I think someone doesn't know what they are talking about.

  11. #31
    Quote Originally Posted by Kezotar View Post
    I've have two week in a row with tokens and no loot.. Yeah I'm unlucky.
    But in that 2 weeks time you earned enough vp to buy a piece right?

  12. #32
    Quote Originally Posted by Kezotar View Post
    Pretty much. Or do you want to do 16 bosses that i spread on 5 raids and not getting loots. it's similiar to vp, but it's still nice to have something pushing you into doing LFR.
    A new currency isn't needed or necessary. Valor Points will fill the role quite nicely.

    The issue at stake here is - how much RNG do you want in your loot system?

    RNG adds frustration - but also excitement at finally getting the drop. It adds surprise. It adds uncertainty. Some players find this to be good. And the system you propose has some drawbacks - how do you want to balance pures and hybrids and offspec roles?

    Provide enough VP for one set per tier or two or three? Or do you say, use an unlock system where VP buys access to that piece (e.g. all 3 chests and you can come back and buy them when you want).

    Personally, I'm starting to think the system has outlived its usefulness in many ways. But, to be honest, all your system needs is for the ability to buy tier pieces via VP. Or, as you suggest, specialised currency similar to VP if you want the gear separated by difficulty. So - the old Badge system where each boss drops a badge or two and eventually you can buy the appropriate tier piece. Or simply get the tier token and buy it at once.

    EJL

  13. #33
    Mechagnome jtmzac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Sydney, Australia
    Posts
    700
    The only problem with the current lfr system is the amount of unusable (gear that isn't an upgrade) that you get. I've got 3 essences of terror in 2 weeks.

    There needs to be an extra part of the system that makes it more likely that you'll get a usable piece of gear. Not guaranteed, just more likely.

    I'm lucky and get a lot of gear from lfr (5 bits each week for the past two weeks) but I know a lot of people aren't so lucky so maybe we also need a system that increases the chance of gear dropping every time you don't get anything.

    Gear acquisition needs rng for it to work well. Maybe it can just be a smarter rng some people don't feel so unlucky.
    MB: Asus Maximus V Extreme CPU: [email protected] custom water loop GPU: Gigabyte GTX 680 RAM: Corsair 4x4GB 1600Mhz 7-8-8-24
    SSD: Samsung 830 256GB PSU: Corsair AX850 CASE: Corsair 800D
    Armory

  14. #34
    Pit Lord Kezotar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Europe
    Posts
    2,317
    Quote Originally Posted by Keilith View Post
    But in that 2 weeks time you earned enough vp to buy a piece right?
    45 * 5 = 225 VP * 2 = 450 VP. I don't do dailies due to it will get too late. So I can't afford to even upgrade a single piece..

    ---------- Post added 2012-12-02 at 04:06 AM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by jtmzac View Post
    The only problem with the current lfr system is the amount of unusable (gear that isn't an upgrade) that you get. I've got 3 essences of terror in 2 weeks.

    There needs to be an extra part of the system that makes it more likely that you'll get a usable piece of gear. Not guaranteed, just more likely.

    I'm lucky and get a lot of gear from lfr (5 bits each week for the past two weeks) but I know a lot of people aren't so lucky so maybe we also need a system that increases the chance of gear dropping every time you don't get anything.

    Gear acquisition needs rng for it to work well. Maybe it can just be a smarter rng some people don't feel so unlucky.
    You get 5 items each week O.O?? I've gotten 5 items - (1 pvp bracer that I already had - Helm that I ahd better from Raid . I got it twice - 1 neck and 1 trinket. That's it. FROM RELEASE of the game. It's about 100 bosses in total. 5% drop chance each boss is that.

    ---------- Post added 2012-12-02 at 04:08 AM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Xeraxis View Post
    So reward people for LFR but keep the same system in normal and heroic because you're guaranteed loot in those difficulties? I think someone doesn't know what they are talking about.
    Why not? Not sure what you into..
    I7 - 4930K / 16 GB - 1600MHZ / R9 290 Core 1220 MHZ - Memory 1550 MHZ

  15. #35
    The Lightbringer Kevyne-Shandris's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Basking in the Light
    Posts
    3,255
    Quote Originally Posted by Talen View Post
    But, to be honest, all your system needs is for the ability to buy tier pieces via VP.
    Blizzard is moving away from that concept, and considering gear can be upgraded now, it's not a bad system.

    But RNG has to find a new meaning. RNG for a super piece of gear (12 level upgrade?).

    The carrot here to keep instances viable is to reward something for the effort, despite having some gear (and personally keeping normal/heroic raiders out, as they have their own tier gear unavailable for LFR only players. That double dipping then complaining about LFR has got to stop).
    From the #1 Cata review on Amazon.com: "Blizzard's greatest misstep was blaming players instead of admitting their mistakes. They've convinced half of the population that the other half are unskilled whiners, causing a permanent rift in the community."
    Blizzard's blame game in action: Deleting 6,100+ of Kevyne's posts and threads from the WoW forums.

  16. #36
    Oh my god. LFR loot does not HAVE problems. It doesn't NEED to be fixed. Holy shit, you're just upset because you're not winning shit. LFR - fuck that, ALL raiding - always had RNG. Just admit it, you don't like change. In DS LFR, like in normal raiding, random items from that boss' loot table would drop. That's random part one. And trust me, I had many, many times in which I didn't see a single piece drop for me. Then, the random rolls to see if you could get the items you wanted, if one was available, not to mention rolling against guildmates helping each other out and assclowns who need stuff to vendor it or just to see the trail of tears from the people who could've used it.

    There is NOTHING WRONG with our current LFR loot system. RNG is RNG. It's always been in LFR loot, it's just different, and BETTER now. Just because you don't see 4 pretty pictures of delicious gear appear on your screen now doesn't mean this way is bad. It doesn't mean your chances for getting gear are any worse. Christ, they've even given us a SECOND CHANCE at getting gear from bosses, and STILL people complain.

    This mentality is getting worse and worse every year that passes. Here's a basic rundown:

    Raiding
    "This is no good, we want easier epics" - introduce badges
    "This is no good, we want easier epics" - higher level badge gear gets easier to obtain with each new tier
    "This is no good, we want easier epics" - 5 mans can drop epics
    "This is no good, we want easier epics" - introduce LFR
    "This is no good, we want easier epics" - Blizzard gives you a second roll at LFR loot, that ALWAYS at least gives you money
    "This is no good, we want easier epics"

    It just goes on and on. You people are never satisfied. I don't even know anymore.
    Once you go troll, you never reroll. -heard on cynicalbrit.com. Epic.

  17. #37
    Mechagnome jtmzac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Sydney, Australia
    Posts
    700
    Quote Originally Posted by Kezotar View Post
    45 * 5 = 225 VP * 2 = 450 VP. I don't do dailies due to it will get too late. So I can't afford to even upgrade a single piece..

    ---------- Post added 2012-12-02 at 04:06 AM ----------



    You get 5 items each week O.O?? I've gotten 5 items - (1 pvp bracer that I already had - Helm that I ahd better from Raid . I got it twice - 1 neck and 1 trinket. That's it. FROM RELEASE of the game. It's about 100 bosses in total. 5% drop chance each boss is that.
    I got a second set of tier gloves from sha this week too :P. I'm a very strange anomaly in wow. Very very few people have my kind of luck. I got a grand black war mammoth on my first go solo'ing VoA. I'm not completely lucky though. I still don't have a second tier piece despite getting 20+ pieces of gear from lfr and sha since launch.

    Vp gear>Vp upgrades so to be upgrading you have to have been raiding a lot. I haven't raided at all and I'm ilvl 485 and I still have 4 bits of 489 vp gear I can buy plus the ring, boots and gloves from the new 496 vp vendors.
    MB: Asus Maximus V Extreme CPU: [email protected] custom water loop GPU: Gigabyte GTX 680 RAM: Corsair 4x4GB 1600Mhz 7-8-8-24
    SSD: Samsung 830 256GB PSU: Corsair AX850 CASE: Corsair 800D
    Armory

  18. #38
    How about there's no problem with the lfr loot problem ?

    Did you play during DS Lfr ? I think we are far ahead of this piece of crap loot system

  19. #39
    Quote Originally Posted by Kezotar View Post
    45 * 5 = 225 VP * 2 = 450 VP. I don't do dailies due to it will get too late. So I can't afford to even upgrade a single piece..[COLOR="red"]

    So with a weekly cap of 1k vp and 2 over 2 weeks you earned 450 vp to show you dont really wanna do what is required to upgrade you gear. It sounds to me like you want upgrades as fast as possible with minimal effort.

  20. #40
    Pit Lord Kezotar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Europe
    Posts
    2,317
    Quote Originally Posted by jtmzac View Post
    I got a second set of tier gloves from sha this week too :P. I'm a very strange anomaly in wow. Very very few people have my kind of luck. I got a grand black war mammoth on my first go solo'ing VoA. I'm not completely lucky though. I still don't have a second tier piece despite getting 20+ pieces of gear from lfr and sha since launch.

    Vp gear>Vp upgrades so to be upgrading you have to have been raiding a lot. I haven't raided at all and I'm ilvl 485 and I still have 4 bits of 489 vp gear I can buy plus the ring, boots and gloves from the new 496 vp vendors.
    I've raided at least 2 times 4/6 Mogu raid. Done every LFR . Bought pieces from AH. I'm below lvl 477.. Luck? I use 3 pieces of pvp in my gear..
    I7 - 4930K / 16 GB - 1600MHZ / R9 290 Core 1220 MHZ - Memory 1550 MHZ

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •