Page 16 of 20 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    even thou i admit i hate ending up not getting loot after the weekly lfr, i think adding a token and all that would suck.
    i would totally lost the happy feeling when i finally get loot.

RNG adds a level of excitement because rewards are unknown. Removing RNG basically makes it a glorified quest. No excitement. No more "Is it gonna drop?".

There are already enough static grinds in the game. I don't see a need for another one.

imho - the big issue with LFR loot is the blind rolls. Another poster put it perfectly when he stated that the missing rolls are really a hit to our psyche that nothing is happening. It's all about perception. So, if they at least showed us our individual roll vs the required roll to get useful loot, at least we would have some kind of feedback.

Something > Nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Kezotar View Post
    Okey so I just posted a thread on the Original Forums to blizzard - Link for it is below - Now it's be and my idea of how to solve this LFR system RNG crap. Now eeverything is explain there or you can read it below. So if you find this idea somehow useful please criticize and everything and give me your thoughts of it!

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/5967339433

This just occured me and I've got absolutely no clue if it has been asked on the forum.

Imagine LFR - The frusration of not getting loot. I recall that Blizzard wish us to get loot, but they've put a RNG system it to make it so that loot is not free.
    You realize that before LFR was in place, you could run raids all week and not get gear. RNG on loot is not limited to raid finder. I remember trying for 3 months running Kara every week and not getting my T4 helm. RNG is part of the game. I honestly don't mind running LFR. Raiding is about having fun. It should be exciting to get gear not just piling up all thee gear you need in a few weeks then have nothing to do.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TonyIommi View Post
    Fanbois pile on top of people with criticism. We all know how that worked out
    Oh, yeah. All those claiming Cata was the best thing since sliced bread, I bet they just loved DS at the end.

They got what they wanted, and the result was the worst decline in subs in WoW's history. So interested in themselves and their wants at the expense of the game itself. Blizzard soaked it all up, even.

Need a community board (something like EvE enjoys) of various interests, as it can't be just about one segment of a game. That's tunnel vision and stagnates new content.
    From the #1 Cata review on Amazon.com: "Blizzard's greatest misstep was blaming players instead of admitting their mistakes.
    They've convinced half of the population that the other half are unskilled whiners, causing a permanent rift in the community."

10+ Year Old Account
    LOL, why? The Darkmoon faire is a giftshop, why can't the lfr be that for us as well? Secondly, maybe I like being a little greedy fat spoiled kid, and maybe I just want a few more twinkies!

LOL, who he heck are you, and whats it to you if I get my twinkies or not? Maybe Blizzard giving an extra twinkie every now and again might be what saves wow - how do you know it won't be
    LOL you are what is killing wow

Quote Originally Posted by Rielthas View Post
    We've all heard that annoying ridiculous statement a million times - stop frigging saying that. It is an out of date definition of the lfr - its only been successful because it evolved into something much more.

By that definition, most of us have "seen the content" so we should just al quit doing it right? Shut the frig up, Blizzard is not as dumn as you, they realize that the LFR has become much more than that, and has because successful because of it.

Your just another elitist jerk who thinks only the raiding they do is the only "real raiding" worth rewarding - one of the many who should read my earlier "Her arshole" post!
    You're completely right... I'll go back to my TBC server now.

I hear wow subscription numbers are at all time high after LFR release and blizzards new "bad people should see, get and do everything attitude (That's right "BAD" - not "casual" those two words have two VERY different meanings that blizzard can't get straight in their heads". I'll just remove myself from the thread since I have no idea in the slightest what made wow the #1 MMO in the business.
    Last edited by Brooxi; 2012-12-03 at 01:58 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Okay guys i have a brilliant idea to solve all loot problems! All loot in game now has a 100% drop rate and each player gets all of the items. Yeah that way we don"t have to worry about not getting loot because it is important i get loot.

what is the difference of winning nothing and knowing who won what, to getting 28g and not knowing who won.

The new way is better, there are no issue's you win or loose as you did before at least this time you get 28g per boss and also the chance to win an item useful to your character on every boss fight

You could also win no loot has hapened in the past. If you want to knwo who won what just ask in raid, people are always eager to show off new lootz.

Okey so I just posted a thread on the Original Forums to blizzard - Link for it is below - Now it's be and my idea of how to solve this LFR system RNG crap. Now eeverything is explain there or you can read it below. So if you find this idea somehow useful please criticize and everything and give me your thoughts of it!

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/5967339433

This just occured me and I've got absolutely no clue if it has been asked on the forum.

Imagine LFR - The frusration of not getting loot. I recall that Blizzard wish us to get loot, but they've put a RNG system it to make it so that loot is not free.

But how can we both give the players what they want without making it free? Because many of you have to admit - Running a week of all LFR, ending up with absolutely no loot is really a pain.

So blizzard - Let's add a currency - Call it more token. What it is based on is such as Valor and Justice points. You get 1 Point for each boss slain in LFR - Now as I recall there's about 16 bosses. Making it perfect to let's say get 1 token each for every boss.

Make them drop noot loot but the tokens. This will resolve the RNG discussion because I know, I've been frustrated and almost made to quit - Yes, for LFR.. I don't got the time I used to have for raiding, yet I wish to keep at least somepiece of progression to keep up with my friends for those times I have off. I work to late and therefor I can't find a raiding Guild that late. So it's no free loot I'm asking about.

So making it 1 token for each boss gives us a total of let's see - 16 Tokens a Week. Now in addition to that blizzard make something like - For every day that you do a LFR boss - That means that you're doing the whole thing, even if you joined like in the middle of it you get 2 Tokens for the first. Second one awards 1 token. Or make that as a weekly thing with a much higher reward.

Put Gear into a value of

Weapons - 15-20 Tokens.
    Armor - 10-15 Tokens.

This gives us around 2 armor pieces a week with the bonuses or 1 weapon and might get a armor piece if done the weekly queues.

First of all - The token system will make it more of a reason to actually finish of the LFR - The extra valor points just wont cut it. Why waste my time for 45 valor points for 2 hours in queue, 2 hours in pain in the raid? This wont affect the original raids and is just perfect. Makes more people wanting to do the LFRs. I find this idea brilliant.

Of course my values are really off the chart. I'd expect a piece at most each week if done the weekly queues, or maybe two with them and 1 without. Gives people of course a more optional choice of what loot they want aswell, I can't support that but hey!

What do you guys think? Really! Come with the negs and positives!
    Blizz has been pretty clear that they don't want you to be able to select which piece of loot you get from raids.

Deleted
    I know its been said, but grats for inventing valor points lol...
    They removed tokens and made valor points, now you want both ?

People need to deal with rng, you're not supposed to get loot every single week...deal with it...

Quote Originally Posted by markos82 View Post
    PPl keep saying lfr is there to see content, well Ok, then why do ppl still go every week in lfr to see content? When you see how EZ fights in lfr are and you only need to see them 1 time why is there any need to do it again? Simply if lfr are there for content then do it once and then you simply cant enter lfr anymore on that character.
    Because LFR is a solid source of valor? And I enjoy raiding for valor as opposed to heroics?

That doesn't mean LFR isn't there to see content :S

10+ Year Old Account
    16 bosses= 16 token a week, you said you'd put an armor piece at 15-20 tokens, which more or less equals the time needed to get 1250 Valor Points to get one of the less expensive ilvl389 equipment pieces (given the weekly 1000 points cap)...
    And LFR pieces will have lesser ilvl.

Basically LFR would stop making sense at all, if not for the Sigils. But once you're done with them, bbLFR. I like the good old RNG better.
    Last edited by Lord Pebbleton; 2012-12-03 at 09:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Luciferiuz View Post
    Because LFR is a solid source of valor? And I enjoy raiding for valor as opposed to heroics?

That doesn't mean LFR isn't there to see content :S
    Ok remove valor + you get more valor for doing dungeons so doing LFR for valor is waste of time...

10+ Year Old Account
    OP all you did was re-invite valor points. How did no one mention that already?

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Luciferiuz View Post
    -I'm acting like LFR was created to see content and Raiding was created for progression (which is loot yes)
    True. LFR was alos created to be an additional progression path for non-raiders and a way for raiders to fill gaps.

-I'm acting like Raiding actually takes some skill, coordination and cooperation and LFR doesn't
    LFR does take some degree of skill and coordination. However, by necessity, it doesn't require much coordination.

[quote]-I'm acting like people shouldn't expect loot out of LFR, and be happy with the system as it is[/.quote]

They should. They are.

-I'm acting like I am entitled to raid rewards, yes, because I raid. If you are doing LFR, you do not.
    You are. So are they. And technically LFR players do raid.

I came in here to suggest the LFR loot system is fine as it is, although it could be more transparent, and to remind people what LFR really is and who it is for.
    You seem to have some misconceptions about it yourself. But yes, in many ways, it is fine. That doesn't mean there isn't room for improvemnt and even in Normals and heroics, RNG can be unpopular.

EJL

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nathane View Post
    LOL you are what is killing wow
    That was a tongue in cheek response to a guy who was being ridiculously hyperbolic in his comments. I should actually do the same to the guy who is suggesting a 100% drop rate There are ways to make small improvements, and certainly room for it in this case. People don't need to be so dramatic in the negative

---------- Post added 2012-12-03 at 09:25 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by mutigerguy20 View Post
    You realize that before LFR was in place, you could run raids all week and not get gear. RNG on loot is not limited to raid finder. I remember trying for 3 months running Kara every week and not getting my T4 helm. RNG is part of the game. I honestly don't mind running LFR. Raiding is about having fun. It should be exciting to get gear not just piling up all thee gear you need in a few weeks then have nothing to do.
    Regular raiding is fine. When you don't get loot drops, you get the challenge of progressing from one boss to the next, and until you are doing well enough to down enough bosses each week anyways, your chance of loot would be less. Once you kill all 16 bosses every week, if you get to that point, I'd bet you would get loot a lot more often. I know I was doing pretty well later on in Cata when I was doing full clears on several toons for weeks straight.

The LFR is like the experience say two or three months into the tier, when you're already downing all 16 bosses. You kill all 16 bosses every week on every toon. Imagine doing that for 3 or 4 months just to hit your gearing goals! That appears to be what Blizzard is asking a fair number of us to do, and I don't think many casuals will have the perseverence to do it.

Its one thing to want to be geared out in a few weeks. Its another thing to ask if its possible for a dedicated lfr raider to maybe gear themselves out in 2 to 3 months. At the present rate, it doesn't seem like that's going to happen for a bunch of us. There may not be as much excitement next tier among the casuals when the lfr is released - it may be "You mean we have to kill the same bunch of bosses for 4 months straight again?

People have to realize how different it is to kill all the bosses every single week on every toon for an entire tier - not just after you have progressed far enough to be able to kill them all - on the lfr you kill all the bosses the first week, and every week thereafter. If that carries on too long - say 4 months, that's as monotonous as a grind can get.
    Last edited by Rielthas; 2012-12-04 at 04:28 AM.

It is a existing problem - troll 1/10 .
    No, it really isn't, nor is every opinion that differs from yours a troll.

Things to consider: The RNG in LFR is the same as it's ever been for any 25 man raid. You can go weeks or months not ever seeing that one upgrade you've been looking for, this is no different.

A guaranteed loot or currency system would eventually mean folks having no reason to run LFR any longer, which would increase queue times, making everyone unhappy.

Just make the gold bags have a small chance to have a random lfr piece of gear.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    No, it really isn't, nor is every opinion that differs from yours a troll.

Things to consider: The RNG in LFR is the same as it's ever been for any 25 man raid. You can go weeks or months not ever seeing that one upgrade you've been looking for, this is no different.

A guaranteed loot or currency system would eventually mean folks having no reason to run LFR any longer, which would increase queue times, making everyone unhappy.
    I'm not necessarily in favor of a fixed loot system, just a slightly more frequently rewarding one, first off.

If you're down to that "one" or even "two" upgrades, there should be a chance of going weeks or over a month, because you're after one or two particular pieces out of many. However, if you needed 10 upgrades, as many casuals who rely on the lfr do, and you rarely ever got anything that would upgrade any of them week after week, that might be a different story. It should always take a while to get the last few particular pieces. Duplicate drops and non-upgrade drops are frequent in wow, and always will be. That doesn't necessarily imply that the drop rate is enough to give you a fair chance to get enough loot drops, so that you do eventually get some upgrades, maybe even most upgrades over the course of a few months. This is more about the people who are running lfr failthfully, killing all available bosses every week, and still go week after week with few or no meaningful upgrades. How many times can a normal person be expected to kill the same 16 bosses week after week if there not getting something to progress their character. Why would anyone in this position want to keep doing it? Valor? There are far quicker ways to cap valor, and if nothing else, you have to kill the last boss of each segment to get a chunk of valor, you don't necessarily need to run much of the lfr at all for that.

No matter what Blizzard does, people will run out of reasons to run the lfr at some point in the tier, whether its because they have a full set of gear that could not be upgraded at all from lfr loot (which would likely take 3 to 4 months for many considering the amount of duplicate and non-upgrade item drops and the current loot drop chance in general) or because learned helplessness sets in, and people just can't justify running it again because the odds of being rewarded become so slim (especially as fewer and fewer upgrades are needed). The point is to maximize the length of time people will run the lfr. Right now, I suggest that virtually no one will gear up so much from lfr alone that they will stop doing it for this reason for the entire tier, but many may quit after a month to a month and a half when they realize that the odds of getting the last upgrades they need from it are virtually nil (learned helplessness). That would make the lfr a virtual ghosttown in less than two months. I suggest that if they increase the drop rate to 20%, that true, a few may get fully geared in 2 to 3 months or se, which is perfectly fine, and a few will still be so ridiculously unlucky that learned helplessness will make them quit too. However, I suggest the mass majority would continue to run lfr for at least 3 months, which would be plenty of effort for a ful set of lower tier gear and plenty of time to obtain those drops. The runs would feel just a bit more exciting as a few more pieces drop, even if they are duplicates, the next one may not be, and they would know that there's more to come.

If Blizzard thinks trying to stretch out content like the lfr, which is killing all of the same 16 bosses every week, for much more than 3 months, their insane. You can only stretch a good thing so far, before it becomes a big long and wide piece of crap.

With the current drop rate of 15%, I hypothethise that far too many people will not be geared up after 3 months of running the lfr, and that people are just going to grow tired, and rather than have the feeling that the lfr took a long time but was very rewarding, they'll remember that they run it to boredom and exhaustion, and still didn't get all they wanted out of it, which will leave a bitter taste in their mouths against the lfr.

For regular raiders this will not matter at all, so this shouldn't concern them. For people who expect that the lfr will be their only raiding experience in this tier, that would leave this tier of content feeling incomplete, and perhaps ruined for them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rielthas View Post
    No matter what Blizzard does, people will run out of reasons to run the lfr at some point in the tier, whether its because they have a full set of gear that could not be upgraded at all from lfr loot (which would likely take 3 to 4 months for many considering the amount of duplicate and non-upgrade item drops and the current loot drop chance in general) or because learned helplessness sets in, and people just can't justify running it again because the odds of being rewarded become so slim (especially as fewer and fewer upgrades are needed).
    After dismal chances to win that healing shield, I just stopped going into LFR. There was no motivation to try, especially when the +bonus rolls allowed off-specs to roll on it. Why bother healing anymore after 19 Gunship runs and -- that -- happens? Top healer and a Ret gets it.

WoW is a game where it can kill motivation to try, so much so because of the loot design. I careless to raid anymore. WotLK and Cata shield drop/win rates of 3+ months, don't care anymore. I'm sure I'm not the only one who dropped out over it all, too.

There's some reasonable expectations on loot. You don't expect everything the first week. But when months pass, the tier itself is almost over. Blizzard needs to rethink what is acceptable amount of time waiting on items to drop, especially if tiers come every 4 months and 3+ months of raiding you're still not geared out. Folks could farm for the legendary faster.
    From the #1 Cata review on Amazon.com: "Blizzard's greatest misstep was blaming players instead of admitting their mistakes.
    They've convinced half of the population that the other half are unskilled whiners, causing a permanent rift in the community."