Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    Access is paid by sub. Not patches.
    Patches are implied as part of the sub. The sub is nominally to support the continued development of the game as well as simply maintaining the servers and granting access to the game. That continued development includes the "Free" content patches. Your still paying for the content in either system its just not explicitly itemized in your sub fee. You may get more bang for your buck by unsubing for a few patches then subing for access for a month to consume all that content. However even for that month part of your 15$ is still paying for future content updates and is no different than the person that goes to the store and only buys up the loss leader sale items. your geting the product cheeper but your still paying for it in the end.

Who is John Galt?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by InfiniteRetro View Post
    Arenanet never used to be the proganda trolling morons they are today. maybe thats what happens when 2 of the 3 founding people leave. makes sense. once they left a few years back thats when its obvious the change in gw2's direction came about.

they never called halloween or wintersday events BIG CONTENT inclusions in gw1, but now, well egonet need to tell everyone that WoW is still evil and we are giving you everything for FREE FREE FREE.

but, they just wont remove diminishing returns, or the gear treadmill, or improve the crappy drops, or improve the money you make. its ok...its FREE!!
    Um... They -did- improve the crappy drops and they -did- change the DR system (made it take a lot longer to kick in) and try -did- improve the money... Have you even been playing the game?

And btw where is this gear treadmill... I don't see it

Ps: they never said winters day and Halloween were big content in GW1 they said they were big events, they said they were going to be big content in GW2, which so far has held true...
    Last edited by Durzlla; 2012-12-03 at 02:54 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    Youre in the mmo forums and you find mmos boring, Im heading on over to the twilight forums to add my unecessary and shallow 2 cents.

Quote Originally Posted by Durzlla View Post
    he's probably referring to the addition of ascended level gear. It is technically following the treadmill pattern. higher power level of gear and requiring a bit of a grind to achieve it. Then again so far it looking to be the least steep of any gear treadmill I've ever seen. a 1-2% power gain over a year or two of new content is a molehill next to the mountain of doubling your power level every other patch some MMO's employ. Asside from the agony resistance there is no noticable difference on my characters with or without the new pieces and will likely take a full set to observe much without a full blown log parser.

Who is John Galt?

Quote Originally Posted by Merendel View Post
    he's probably referring to the addition of ascended level gear. It is technically following the treadmill pattern. higher power level of gear and requiring a bit of a grind to achieve it. Then again so far it looking to be the least steep of any gear treadmill I've ever seen. a 1-2% power gain over a year or two of new content is a molehill next to the mountain of doubling your power level every other patch some MMO's employ. Asside from the agony resistance there is no noticable difference on my characters with or without the new pieces and will likely take a full set to observe much without a full blown log parser.
    then again, everyone forgot that legendaries still remain the highest level of gear obtainable at the moment.
    just because ascended armours are better than exotics doesn't mean they'll add more and more gear levels since they still have to put legendary armours.

not to mention ascended gear have higher base stats because they only have infusion slots for further upgrades, and said infusions bring little to no actual stats (have yet to see more than +5 stat / +5 agony resist per infusion) once you remove agony resist. talk about a treadmill...

but then again, whiners will still find something to bitch about anyways.

Um... They -did- improve the crappy drops and they -did- change the DR system (made it take a lot longer to kick in) and try -did- improve the money... Have you even been playing the game?

Ps: they never said winters day and Halloween were big content in GW1 they said they were big events, they said they were going to be big content in GW2, which so far has held true...
    LOL dude, the drops and ways to make gold has NOT improved. and since arenanet strangle hold the market with this whole gems crap, well, the only logical way to make any money in game is to actually buy gold from gold sellers.

the fact that DR exists at all is a disgrace. the fact that they added in ascended gear which has higher stats which goes against every quote, manifesto and interview stating they would NEVER do it.

i wish i had arenanets mind control, makes the amway crowd look tame.

10+ Year Old Account
    LOL dude, the drops and ways to make gold has NOT improved. and since arenanet strangle hold the market with this whole gems crap, well, the only logical way to make any money in game is to actually buy gold from gold sellers.

the fact that DR exists at all is a disgrace. the fact that they added in ascended gear which has higher stats which goes against every quote, manifesto and interview stating they would NEVER do it.

i wish i had arenanets mind control, makes the amway crowd look tame.
    The fact DR exists is to prevent dumb asses from playing the game the way it's NOT meant to be played and then bitching about it... and please, show me where it says, from arena net, "We will never increase the stats on gear ever" because no one seems to be able to find that... and you don't -need- ascended gear to access anything, so don't even pull that bull shit out, you can get into AT LEAST lv 10 in fractals (meaning you've seen at least every fractal once) without ascended gear, only reason to have it is so you can do more difficult versions of the same content.

Um, yeah, gems are TOTALLY the only way to make money, you know, because 100 gems is only 60 silver... you know, less then what i make in one dungeon run... so yeah TOTALLY the only way to make money... fucking dumb ass...

And if they haven't improved the drop rate, please enlighten me on why all lodestones have dropped significantly in price, charged lodestones are still the most expensive granted, but there are some lodestones, such as glacial and molten, where doing the conversion of cores ---> stones is just flat our more expensive then buying a fucking stone, hows that for the drop rates haven't increased?

I swear you and the other people complaining about this don't even play the game anymore...
    Youre in the mmo forums and you find mmos boring, Im heading on over to the twilight forums to add my unecessary and shallow 2 cents.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelesti View Post
    But it's the only argument you've actually brought to the case dude. "But you're not paying for it!" Or would you care to expand on your position? Because I may infact be missing something here, as is oft the case.

You are missing something in fact. I never brought up any fact on why I'm playing the game. You changed the goal posts, not me. Anyway, just drop it

snip
    junk < uncommon < masterwork < rare < exotic < ascended < legendary
    you and some other whiny whiners should just cut your damn crap about your freakin treadmill already.

10+ Year Old Account
    Do those reports count towards people who got refunds, Just a honest question.
    I don't always hunt things, But when I do, It's because they're things & I'm a Bear.

Quote Originally Posted by sacrypheyes View Post
    junk < uncommon < masterwork < rare < exotic < ascended < legendary
    you and some other whiny whiners should just cut your damn crap about your freakin treadmill already.
    actually legendary will be brought up to the same level of ascended. but since legendaries are the worst grind ive ever seen in a game, well, not many will ever have one. so ascended is the next step up. they said they would never add in vertical progression, nor have content gated by gear. hence the treadmill.

The fact DR exists is to prevent dumb asses from playing the game the way it's NOT meant to be played and then bitching about it... and please, show me where it says, from arena net, "We will never increase the stats on gear ever" because no one seems to be able to find that... and you don't -need- ascended gear to access anything, so don't even pull that bull shit out, you can get into AT LEAST lv 10 in fractals (meaning you've seen at least every fractal once) without ascended gear, only reason to have it is so you can do more difficult versions of the same content.

Um, yeah, gems are TOTALLY the only way to make money, you know, because 100 gems is only 60 silver... you know, less then what i make in one dungeon run... so yeah TOTALLY the only way to make money... fucking dumb ass...

And if they haven't improved the drop rate, please enlighten me on why all lodestones have dropped significantly in price, charged lodestones are still the most expensive granted, but there are some lodestones, such as glacial and molten, where doing the conversion of cores ---> stones is just flat our more expensive then buying a fucking stone, hows that for the drop rates haven't increased?

I swear you and the other people complaining about this don't even play the game anymore...
    dude, those ascended stats can be taken into pve and wvwvw. are you TRYING to be obtuse so you can still claim failnet did nothing wrong? sorry, might want to look around sunshine, even quotes on the official forums are being moderated, infracted users all because they are pointing out the very thing they said wouldnt happen.

i dont play it, and hardly does anyone else. LOL 90% of ACTIVE servers more like it, not ALL servers. dont worry, once elder scrolls online, blade and soul and the few other epic looking mmos that are coming arrive, gw2 will be, as it is now, the worst and most hypocritically conceived mmo ever.
    We didn't really need "obtuse" to get the point across. Let's take it a step back, 'kay? --Kel

---------- Post added 2012-12-03 at 03:35 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Archdruid Dehydrate View Post
    Do those reports count towards people who got refunds, Just a honest question.
    we'll never know how many got refunds, but ive never seen a playerbase request refunds on a mass scale as i have with this game. thats what happens when the company touts things they couldnt deliver on.
    Last edited by Kelesti; 2012-12-03 at 05:28 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Aw, it's so cute how hard you try to be serious Infinite, but all that happens is you spew troll slime out of your rage filled body! Oh no!! They added one tier of armor!! Oh the horror! Please tell me how it's a gear treadmill! And once again, WHERE did they say that they went against their word? WHERE? Because no one can find this sacred area where they said they weren't going to add gear, HELL people have found more things saying that they were going to increase levels with expansions, which is progression on its own, gear isn't out of the question.

Oh, how you're saying 90% active servers? How the fuck would you know how many people were on if you don't play anymore? Just because -you- don't play doesn't mean "hardly anyone" does, maybe if, you know, you actually played the game you would've seen how freaking packed the game was during the event.

Whoa. Okay. That's more than enough.

Tone it down. No name calling, bickering or any other of juvenile BS.

Stop.

-- Fencers

Deleted
    On the other side they admitted they lost spvp players from the game.
    Well, seems like I can keep enjoying my break playing planetside2... and just quickly check out what's for christmas. After the christmas holiday things will happen so end january there might be stuff for us spvp players... maybe... hopefully =)

10+ Year Old Account
    So, who else is foaming at the mouth to know what these new WvW expansions are going to be? (expansions as in things being expanded onto it not as in you pay to get the updates and blah blah blah)

Setting the actual fun factor apart (which is still extremely high for me), I would very much rather play a subscriptionless game that updates with something new every month, rather than a subscription based one where I'm paying to access new content every X months. This is value-for-money, simple as that (well at least my money ). The quality is of course important and so far there have been glitches in that department, but I cut ANet some slack since the game is still a 3-month baby. I'm quite confident they will improve over time.
    In comparision to stuff we have seen over time, the advertisement they do to this game is quite modest, in my opinion. The only negative thing I see is that they are expanding the game without first solving existing problems, as it was already mentioned. That is a thing they need to put more attention to.
    Last edited by kelevandros; 2012-12-03 at 07:01 AM.

I think it's good that people are critical and don't look at all the positives and ignore all the negatives about the game. I'm a huge fan of the GW series, especially Nightfall. Favourite expansion to date. When i read that Lost Shores patch was a mini-expansion i kinda chuckled because it didn't feel like a mini expansion. It was indeed a good patch though, i was satifised and i love the new zone, but you get my point. They should just stop marketing and just tell the truth, no smokes and mirrors.

On another note though, excited to see what January and February bring us now!

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    Considering Anet had the hubris to claim the kraka event/sunshine isle was a "mini expansion", I am reasonably /cocked eyebrow/ at further claims of "expansion's worth of content!" in patches.
    Well thats not all they added. They added a start to a new gear set, A new pvp map, Plus the things you mentioned, not to mention 9 new mini dungeons. Sounds like a mini expansion to me.

I mean blizzard never updates Pvp throughout an expansion, the only thing that changes is the gear. Anet is adding more an more pvp options in each big update. A new map to test which according to johnathan sharp has been their most played on map since release. Private games, paid tournaments, Spectator modes, Additions to WvW which will be coming in a few months.
    Last edited by Zeek Daniels; 2012-12-03 at 03:51 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    lost somewhere in the corn fields of middle America
    How anyone can consider paying each month for what ever you want to pretend its for is somehow better than or = to paying the box price once then getting FREE updates each month.. wait what did i say there.. oh yea EACH MONTH is beyond me lol.

You may not like it, you may not agree with the direction of the game or what ever it is that twists your undies but hands down GW2 is the best value in MMO gaming period. No other mmo currently is providing this content pace. Can they keep it up? well we will see but ill take monthly additions / content to the game over paying each month for some bug fixes and new loot tables every 5 months any day.

I very much look forward to whats in store and am very anxious to see whats coming down the pipe. They have already far exceeded my expectations for content support / timeline for this game.

i dont play it, and hardly does anyone else. LOL 90% of ACTIVE servers more like it, not ALL servers. dont worry, once elder scrolls online, blade and soul and the few other epic looking mmos that are coming arrive, gw2 will be, as it is now, the worst and most hypocritically conceived mmo ever.
    If this is your attitude why don't you stop playing the game and stop posting on the forums about the game? You clearly hate it so why don't you spend your time doing something else? It seems silly to bitch on forums about a game you supposedly hate. If it is the worst conceived MMO /ever/ why are you still here?

OT: I don't really see the issue. I was super excited about GW2, have been waiting years and years to play. Honestly I was a bit disappointed. I played it for a month for hours every day and upon hitting 80 I was burned out. I ran every dungeon on story mode and that was good for me. I haven't got exotics in every slot nor a legendary nor even run explorable mode on every dungeon. I moved back to playing WoW but log on for each content patch and do everything in it. I paid 60 bucks for the game and to me it has definitely been worth it. The main reason why? No sub fee. I don't feel obligated to play (like I do with WoW) so I can log in when I want and still be exactly where everyone else is then log off when I get bored. Yes it wasn't everything I hoped but it is still awesome for the money invested so I don't understand what people are actually complaining about.

No other mmo currently is providing this content pace.
    That is sorta not true at all.

Well thats not all they added. They added a start to a new gear set, A new pvp map, Plus the things you mentioned, not to mention 9 new mini dungeons. Sounds like a mini expansion to me.
    I didn't say that was all they added. I was referencing the patch by the karka event and Sunshine Island.

They added: events, 10 min dungeons and a PVP map. Uhhmm.
    Last edited by Fencers; 2012-12-03 at 05:31 PM.