Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Drakhar View Post
    I haven't had a chance to use it yet, but that's what I've been hearing. I'm pretty sure there's confusion in the discussion over the LFG thing and WoW, where AFAIK most people are asking for a website like that built into the game, not an automated dungeon finder that does ALL the work for you.
    Well, I dont think it needs to teleport you to the dungeon. But I would like a tool that auto groups you. Its needed. And GW2LFG.com shows just how badly its needed.

The only difference would be that it doesnt take you right into the dungeon. But with the teleport waypoint system, you dont need the tool to do that for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Durzlla View Post
    lol it's cause it's not, i have yet to hear a true negative from Fractals, everyone i've heard bitch about fractals only argument is "It brought ascended gear!" or "It has the agony mechanic!" nothing meaningful...
    My negative with fractals is for the lvl 1-9 tier that some bosses are just stupid easy, some bosses have lame mechanics.

Though I hear at lvl 10+ bosses get mechanically changed. The kitty boss with the fan has energy crystals you need to run in order to start the fan or something. I like the sound of it.

I'm not lvl 10 yet because I can't find a group to do anything or even a guild.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    My negative with fractals is for the lvl 1-9 tier that some bosses are just stupid easy, some bosses have lame mechanics.

Though I hear at lvl 10+ bosses get mechanically changed. The kitty boss with the fan has energy crystals you need to run in order to start the fan or something. I like the sound of it.

Use www.GW2LFG.com and you will find a group within 5 minutes. Just make sure you stay in the overflow server (leave the entry queue). I was in the same boat as you, and a friend introduced me to the website and I use it every day now. You dont need to sign up for anything either, you just type in your characters name and chose a dungeon and click submit. It puts you in a large list that can be sorted by dungeon or Fractal Level and you should receive an invite within minutes.

Just remember to delete your post once you find a group or you will be spammed with invites for hours.

book marked. Do I have to download it?

10+ Year Old Account
    book marked. Do I have to download it?
    No, its just a standard web form that you visit. Its rly simple to use. Other players who are forming teams, visit the site and grab the people who are looking for the same things as they are.

10+ Year Old Account

Idk how everyone else has issues finding groups O.o, I either yell LfXM for fractals lv Y and get absolutely clobbered with people throwing invites at me...

@Drakhar, well not gonna lie, that second one isn't a problem because you can go to lower lvs to help, it only becomes a problem when people are to good to go to your lv (oh look half the MMO community...), I personally will jump down a lv to help people out, I -would- do more than 1 lv but I only play an average of 9hrs a week, so... Yeah... Kinda wanna progress at least one level when I do fractals... As for the funneling thing, most people I've talked to only do fractals over the other dungeons because, well frankly, the otherones just suck compared to fractals, are they fun? Yeah, but are they as fun as fractals? Not even close for the most part! However, Anet is an intelligent bunch and knows this which I why they're going back through the other dungeons and making them on par with fractals.

PS: before anyone goes "Zomg but fractals has MOAR loots!" Fractals doesn't have the wonder bags, period, that means you don't get any bonus karma which really sucks IMO.
    Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    Youre in the mmo forums and you find mmos boring, Im heading on over to the twilight forums to add my unecessary and shallow 2 cents.

You picked out a 2 line piece of my post and managed to ignore half of it, well done sir. Ascended gear and fractals are both game-changing additions for many people. But I know, I know, that's irrelevant because you don't agree personally. Or is that just denial from leaving me such an easy call out.
    I don't see how the Fractals are game changing. Maybe in a positive way, but how in the world are the Fractals negative? Just as many people who mind the addition the ascended gear, there are that many who don't. This is not a personal opinion. And i picked out 2 lines because those two lines were directed at me, if theres something directed towards me i disregard the other points you write to others.

Quote Originally Posted by Exroyal View Post
    I don't see how the Fractals are game changing. Maybe in a positive way, but how in the world are the Fractals negative? Just as many people who mind the addition the ascended gear, there are that many who don't. This is not a personal opinion. And i picked out 2 lines because those two lines were directed at me, if theres something directed towards me i disregard the other points you write to others.
    Well the game is dying without a gear treadmill so Anet realizes they need to add one. It pisses people off that don't like grind, but most successful MMO's are grindy like GW2 has become. I don't have an issue with the grind personally, I enjoy meaningful goals that take time and give you bonuses over noobs who don't take the time to grind. My issue with GW2 is it is BORING.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by gainesvilleg View Post
    Well the game is dying without a gear treadmill so Anet realizes they need to add one. It pisses people off that don't like grind, but most successful MMO's are grindy like GW2 has become. I don't have an issue with the grind personally, I enjoy meaningful goals that take time and give you bonuses over noobs who don't take the time to grind. My issue with GW2 is it is BORING.
    The game wasn't dyiing without a gear treadmill stop living in your fantasy land, the game was actually thriving, ESPECIALLY during the events. This game is DESIGNED so people can take breaks, the gear wasn't added because people were leaving, if -anything- it was added to divert the attention of people going for legendaries, IE people were getting them a lot faster then Anet wanted, so they threw some grindy objects out there to get the people who "Must have everything!!" to divert their attention and resources to go for the increased stat items instead of the sparkly armor.

Well played Anet, well played...
    Youre in the mmo forums and you find mmos boring, Im heading on over to the twilight forums to add my unecessary and shallow 2 cents.

Couldn't be more contrary to the truth. They decided to try to retain the retarded "lulz WoW is the only MMO there is and every other MMO must be exactly like it or else it's bad herpaderpaderp" crowd by catering to them on yet another issue. Aaaannnd in turn they continue to succeed in their quest to alienate the group of people that made them successful in the first place.

Couldn't be more contrary to the truth. They decided to try to retain the retarded "lulz WoW is the only MMO there is and every other MMO must be exactly like it or else it's bad herpaderpaderp" crowd by catering to them on yet another issue. Aaaannnd in turn they continue to succeed in their quest to alienate the group of people that made them successful in the first place.
    I believe they alienated the crowd that made them successful in the first place about 2 months prior to launch, when they basically tore up their manifesto and implemented that horrid cash shop, along with many gameplay changes that increased the grind. The game is now being tuned more and more to force you to the cash shop. Auction house manipulations, forced grind, money sinks, etc. Many of us complained about that when it was announced and we have been proven correct unfortunately...

10+ Year Old Account
    I believe they alienated the crowd that made them successful in the first place about 2 months prior to launch, when they basically tore up their manifesto and implemented that horrid cash shop, along with many gameplay changes that increased the grind. The game is now being tuned more and more to force you to the cash shop. Auction house manipulations, forced grind, money sinks, etc. Many of us complained about that when it was announced and we have been proven correct unfortunately...
    Ok, I can see Draks argument and despite disagreeing with him know exactly what he's talking about, I just have absolutely no idea what you're rambling about, they never said anything about not having a cash shop or zero grind in thei manifesto...

Here's 2 meaningful arguments:
    1) It funnels players to a single dungeon in the already central hub city, further discouraging any kind of diversification of dungeons players run.
    2) By adding a "level" feature you significantly fracture your playerbase, which is made even more awesome by the lack of a funcitonal LFG tool.

An individual being blind to the consequences or not being able to see past the end of their nose doesn't make something less meaningful.
    Coulda left off that last part and still made your point.
    I don't think it's really as funneling, the waypoint system makes that moot. There IS a need for some sort of LFG system in game, but I still see plenty of "lfg for Blah lala dungeon" rather than all fractals.

The level system IS divisive, but I think that may be part of the point. The folks grinding out the higher levels who don't want to, er "lower themselves" to run other levels, are the people that thrive on that competitiveness aspect anyway. Plenty of folks run it just to run it and it won't matter, if that makes sense.

Almost certainly the latter because people like to be dramatic, but it is still a major shift in game design.
    I think that's my point, we know it's a shift, but we don't know how major it is. If you consider it more of an "errata" than an "upgrade" ("it should have been in at launch, but we messed up"), then it isn't so much of a big deal, maybe.
    Who knows right now though.

I fully agree on the emotions thing, but it's how most people make their opinions known. But that's not what I'm doing, I'm pointing out the shifts we've seen from ANet over the years, yet the people who are doing exactly what you're talking about on the other end of the spectrum: "*I* love this game, so your argument is invalid!" are the ones stifling any kind of useful discourse.
    It's both sides, most of these threads are circular arguments that will never go anywhere. It could be compared to politics, but no real point to it.

---------- Post added 2012-12-11 at 07:37 PM ----------

I'll be nice and call them "competitive folks" rather than your way, but yeah. Folks "needed" some challenge mode stuff so they could beat their heads against things.

What irks me about it, was that I thought GW2 had the perfect model for dealing with the "game of the month" club. Everyone that hopped into GW2, raced to 80, then left because there were no raids... that's like the best part of the B2P model. You have their money and don't pay server time! Meanwhile, folks like me can wander around doing stuff forever. Oh well.

---------- Post added 2012-12-11 at 07:41 PM ----------

I believe they alienated the crowd that made them successful in the first place about 2 months prior to launch, when they basically tore up their manifesto and implemented that horrid cash shop, along with many gameplay changes that increased the grind.
    It's one of the fundamental things with GW2 for me. There's "the grind" if you're you're trying to reach a goal and must complete X pointless activities before you can reach it. GW2, by contrast, IS the pointless activities, that's the entire game. They built a world to adventure in and are making updates to it, that's what they promised (if not up to the same standards as some of their promises) and that's what they delivered, so I'm really not sure what folks expected or why those expectations should matter.

My opinion? ANet really needs to lay off the PR and stop with the "holier-than-thou" stance. If January and February actually add essentially a new continent and multitudes of dungeons or stuff like that, THEN they can go around saying "we're adding expansion's worth of content in two months," but don't say that BEFORE you deliver. And, they just need to stop with the "the way we do things is better than how any other company does things" stance, it's a bit preachy and annoying.

At the same time, you NEVER take devs at their words in things like manifestos and the like. I was crazy excited for GW2, the Manifesto hyped me up but I easily could filter out obvious buzz-words. Of course they're going to try and sell their game and hype it up and make it sound awesome, EVERYONE does it. I've been a Rift subscriber since day 1, played since Beta, love Trion to death, and even in Rift trailers they have buzzwords like "dynamic" and such that you filter out. ANet is NOT THE ONLY COMPANY to hype their game up and liberally use buzzwords, EVERYONE DOES IT. ANet's just taken it a bit too far with their continued hype and buzzword usage.

Ascended gear is NOT THE SAME "gear progression" system as WoW's system or Rift's system. WoW and Rift GATE content based on gear level and DO IT CONTINUALLY. First get to level 90. Want to do Heroic 5mans? Do normal 5mans, get gear, pass the gear check. Want to do raids? Do Heroic 5mans, do dailies to get valor, do LFR, all to get gear to do Mogu'shan Vaults, then get gear there to do Heart of Fear and Terrace of Endless Spring. Want to do Tier 15 raids? Get gear from Heart of Fear and Terrace of Endless Spring. Want to do Tier 16 raids? Get gear from Tier 15 raids. All this in the span of 2 years-ish.

Or Rift: First get to level 50. Want to do Expert 5mans? Do Normal 5mans. Want to do Greenscale's Blight and River of Souls? Get gear from Expert 5mans. Want to raid Hammerknell? Get gear from Greenscale's Blight and River of Souls. Want to do Infernal Dawn? Get gear from Hammerknell.

Ascended is NOT that type of gear progression. They stated the Ascended "tier" would be rolled out over a year or so. The ONLY way that Ascended gear becomes the treadmill like WoW/Rift is if they start gating content to require Ascended gear THEN KEEP DOING THAT. It's ONE STEP, and one stop is NOT a treadmill.

Actually, Johanson said at that rate, they'll have an expansion worth of content after 4 or 5 months (April or May).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by carnifex2005 View Post
    Actually, Johanson said at that rate, they'll have an expansion worth of content after 4 or 5 months (April or May).
    Well, if they keep outdoing what they just put out a month ago it's kinda true... and there's no doubt in my mind that if they are literally putting out expansions worth of content for free tons of people will buy it just for the shear amount of stuff to do, and the whole "I'm getting all this for free, who cares if i'm not in love with the game." approach a lot of people i know have...

@Smartazjb0y, yeah pretty much everything you said...