Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gamdwelf View Post
    extroversion is just as weird as introversion: people, or the lack there of determine how you feel.
    And it isn't weird. People are different. That's to be expected.

Deleted
    extroversion is just as weird as introversion: people, or the lack there of determine how you feel.
    There was another thread, like this one, about a week ago about this and you also thought it was weird, I guess you still do.

It's not a weird thing, it's perfectly normal, it isn't weird. It might look weird when you look at it but it's not weird at all.

I believe total isolation makes anyone a bit of a weirdo by most peoples standards but being an introvert is normal.

I love lying on a bed / sofa and spin the universe around in my head. Create theories based on non-existent facts. Comprehend the incomprehensible. All alone.

Sometimes these thoughts are shared with others. Most of the time the equation is more beer.

10+ Year Old Account
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Extrave...d_introversion

i bounce back and fore between the two, but lean more on Introversion

Deleted
    I thoroughly enjoy being alone, it is the freedom of it. Not having to wear pants, not having to keep the noise down because you might disturb others, not having to compromise. It is nice.

Quote Originally Posted by jdfrost View Post
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Extrave...d_introversion

i bounce back and fore between the two, but lean more on Introversion
    You're probably more like a mild introvert, who would have occasional surges of desires to be more sociable.

I actually enjoy being alone. I lived with four different people for about a year each time they moved in and I would see them everyday. It's not like I can't relate or live near people but I would prefer being by myself. Why you might ask? no one thumping insane loud annoying music or people getting on my nerves. I lived on my own since I was of age to do so.

I lived with a few people I met through the internet for the most part I didn't mind one way or another. It's nice to have company and get out of the place once in a bit. It's only great to live with someone when you relate to their personality. It's normal for me.

10+ Year Old Account
    I LOVE my alone time, it's where I can just relax, get rid of all the stress, and play some video games in quiet solitude. When I'm with friends it can get really tiring which is why I like to just have a couple friends and not like 20 people bugging me all day. I'm not a people person much so most of the time I just like being alone, it's when im at peace most, I don't like being around a lot of people, it just gets so tiring.
    - "If you have a problem figuring out whether you're for me or Trump, then you ain't black" - Jo Bodin, BLM supporter
    - "I got hairy legs that turn blonde in the sun. The kids used to come up and reach in the pool & rub my leg down so it was straight & watch the hair come back up again. So I learned about roaches, I learned about kids jumping on my lap, and I love kids jumping on my lap...” - Pedo Joe

10+ Year Old Account
    Its totally normal,i have 3 kids but ever since i split from the partner and the kids go back home to their mums i love being alone,i love working alone,and oddly recently i love being alone in the dark,feels so peaceful.

Yes im going to die alone but feck it!

Deleted
    I lke being alone, or with people who also like that. We ususally connect in a good way :3

Deleted
    i would have problems with what you are defining as "weird"

by this definition 99% of society is "weird" (1% accounting for marginal error/the undocumented/the outlying etc) so the definition of "not weird" would be whatever definition that society has chosen for you, a not weird person can be sociable, and can be alone, without feeling uncomfortable in either situation.

keep in mind some of the population is best described as having psychopathy, while this does not inherently mean you are violent by any means, im guessing it horrendously skews the "introvert/extrovert" outlook, if by "weird" you meant the few people outside definitions that would be the best group to call it, rather than your regular introvert/extrovert.

Quote Originally Posted by chrismohr View Post
    i would have problems with what you are defining as "weird"

by this definition 99% of society is "weird" (1% accounting for marginal error/the undocumented/the outlying etc) so the definition of "not weird" would be whatever definition that society has chosen for you, a not weird person can be sociable, and can be alone, without feeling uncomfortable in either situation.

keep in mind some of the population is best described as having psychopathy, while this does not inherently mean you are violent by any means, im guessing it horrendously skews the "introvert/extrovert" outlook, if by "weird" you meant the few people outside definitions that would be the best group to call it, rather than your regular introvert/extrovert.
    or normal people who can handle being around other people and handle being alone.
    Gamdwelf the Mage

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    I'm calling it, Republicans will hold congress in 2018 and Trump will win again in 2020.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think a lot of people miss the point in this type of discussion. It's not so much about whether or not a preference is weird (or really unhealthy is what the OP is driving at)...it's about whether or not there is an extreme.

Everyone is wired differently when it comes to social interactions, but in order to be a healthy well-adjusted person you should have a mixture of both socialization and isolation in your life. You may prefer one or the other, but there is nothing weird or unhealthy until you get to an extreme.

If you find yourself avoiding and unable to deal with any sort of interaction with other people -- that is a sign you may be depressed or have an anxiety disorder or other issue that may need to be addressed.

If you find yourself always having to be around people and completely hate being alone to the point where you do anything to avoid it -- that is a sign you may be depressed or have other issues.

I have had friends who have fallen into both categories, and when things get to that extreme it's not healthy and is a sign of trouble.
    Forum badass alert:
    Quote Originally Posted by Rochana Violence View Post
    It's called resistance / rebellion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rochana Violence View Post
    Also, one day the tables might turn.

want true isolation? kill a few people go to jail kill a guy there gt sent to isolation chamber. theres nothing in there but you ur mind and total blackness. and for the person that says "its healthy"? try that and see how fast insanity hits ya.
    my friend code...

5241-1925-7760 name toasty

up for battles ...after 10/18/2013

Deleted
    or normal people who can handle being around other people and handle being alone.
    that is pretty much everyone. you are calling the people in the middle weird, (so i prefer to be alone, i don't like large crowds, but i can deal with them like every other person) whereas people on the extreme ends of the spectrum (people who CANT handle other people, or people who MUST be surrounded by people or they get depressed) you are not considering.

the difference between what you prefer (being alone, being surrounded by people) and your social situation and what you can handle are quite separate.

that is pretty much everyone. you are calling the people in the middle weird, (so i prefer to be alone, i don't like large crowds, but i can deal with them like every other person) whereas people on the extreme ends of the spectrum (people who CANT handle other people, or people who MUST be surrounded by people or they get depressed) you are not considering.

the difference between what you prefer (being alone, being surrounded by people) and your social situation and what you can handle are quite separate.
    no, that exactly the opposite of what im saying.
    Gamdwelf the Mage

I'm calling it, Republicans will hold congress in 2018 and Trump will win again in 2020.

Deleted
    no, that exactly the opposite of what im saying.
    why do we need a thread from introverst every other day asking if its ok to be introverted?

Lots of people are, its still weird.
    my original post was one disagreeing with your definition of weird, that is my argument, and that is a post from you earlier in the thread to back up YOUR point which i am refuting.

and also

that is what makes me think you aren't pointing out the outlying minority, but saying the vast majority is "weird" please correct me if i have interpreted your statements wrong.

my original post was one disagreeing with your definition of weird, that is my argument, and that is a post from you earlier in the thread to back up YOUR point which i am refuting.

and also

that is what makes me think you aren't pointing out the outlying minority, but saying the vast majority is "weird" please correct me if i have interpreted your statements wrong.
    What is wrong with not being an extrovert or an introvert, that is, not making people define your happiness.
    Gamdwelf the Mage

I'm introverted as well. There's nothing wrong with it. Extroverts think I'm weird, I think they're weird. People are different.

Introverts make up about 30% of the population, iirc.
    "In order to maintain a tolerant society, the society must be intolerant of intolerance." Paradox of tolerance