Hey Guys/Girls I need a hand or three pretty Plz...Gaming PC

Ok here is the deal, I really need some input from the computer tech pros/heroes in this forum.... Please...

All of my Warranties are up..../sigh....
    My computer recently(8 days ago) decided to stop doing the things that I need it to do. Which are to game lag free, while recording for my tiny little youtube channel and editing and rendering HD videos in a timely manner. I keep Lagging heavily when any major particle heavy combat takes place and literally am dropping to 1 fps until I stop recording, It also has been running hotter than normal, but I can't tell what it is that's hot cpu or graphics card or what,the fans are all clean and running... I have tried turning everything else off and keeping my graphics settings very low and it still kills my fps, I've cleared out 300gb of space because I though that could be the issue so Im at around 40% available. Now my computer wasn't anything special when it was brand new 3 years ago but now it feels like it is pretty much garbage.

So here is my question, Should I purchase a budget job from one of these low cost computer sites ie. IBUYPOWER/tigerdirect for around $1000 US or should I buy a few new pieces for what I have or a lot of new pieces for what I have Like Frankenstein's Gaming pc lol... Or would it be best to just start from scratch and build a completely new rig myself? Again my budget is around $1000 US, less preferably and I need to be able to run newer games(Mists of Pandaria,AC3,Starcraft) with reasonably high graphics settings(I don't need to play on a Ultra setting but having that capability would be very sweet) while recording ridiculously large Fraps files, so Bigger Harddrive is way up there on the need list as well.

Thank you very much in advance!

Here is what I have currently, again I'm not very tech savvy that is where you come in. Teach me the ways

Case- NZXT Lexa-S Gaming Tower Case - Black w/ Blue Light
    processor- AMD Phenom™ II X2 550 Dual-Core CPU
    Memory- 8 GB [2 GB X4] DDR2-800 budget consair
    Video Card- NVIDIA GeForce GTS 250 – 1GB - Single Card
    Motherboard ASUS M4A785-M -- AMD 785G Hybrid CrossFire Chipset w/8-ch HD Audio, Gb LAN, S-ATA Raid, USB 2.0, 1 PCI-E MB
    Power Supply- 650 Watt -- thermaltake - this is 6 mos old the other completely died
    Primary Hard Drive- 750 GB HARD DRIVE -- 16M Cache, 7200 RPM, 3.0Gb/s - Single Drive
    Optical Drive- 22X Dual Format/Double Layer DVD±R/±RW + CD-R/RW Drive - Black

If you are recommending a entirely new comp, would you please give me some more incite to what I should look for like graphics card wise,processor,etc that will effectively do what I need it to do and if you could explain why they would work best for my needs you would truly be helping a tech nub out!

Thanks Again!
    Eatmopie
    Face Kicking Monk Extraordinaire and Proud TGN Partner:
    http://www.youtube.com/user/evilakurei

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

CPU: Intel Core i5-3570K 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor ($169.99 @ Microcenter)
    CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 Plus 76.8 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler ($23.99 @ SuperBiiz)
    Motherboard: ASRock Z77 Extreme4 ATX LGA1155 Motherboard ($119.98 @ Outlet PC)
    Memory: G.Skill Sniper 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1333 Memory ($36.99 @ Newegg)
    Storage: Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($93.99 @ SuperBiiz)
    Storage: Crucial M4 128GB 2.5" Solid State Disk ($89.99 @ Microcenter)
    Video Card: Sapphire Radeon HD 7870 GHz Edition 2GB Video Card ($231.97 @ Newegg)
    Case: Corsair C70 Gunmetal Black (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case ($119.99 @ Newegg)
    Power Supply: PC Power & Cooling Silencer MK III 500W 80 PLUS Bronze Certified ATX12V Power Supply ($64.58 @ NCIX US)
    Optical Drive: Asus DRW-24B1ST/BLK/B/AS DVD/CD Writer ($19.99 @ Newegg)
    Total: $971.46
    (Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
    (Generated by PCPartPicker 2012-12-02 00:46 EST-0500)

I linked a full build, you obviously wouldnt need the HDD, Case , and optical drive, as a matter of fact you can drop the PSU as well.

---------- Post added 2012-12-02 at 06:15 AM ----------

The build is more opted to just gaming not so much recording and editing the video later. It will record fine and render etc but given the budget, both the I7 and Fx-8350 are available as options. While WoW will play better on Intel cores currently, would I say beyond a shadow of a doubt you'd notice the difference while playing NO, so I'll rig up an AMD build and quite honestly you make the call in the end, edge out a bit more gaming performance or edge out a bit more video editing performance etc. I'd say the rendering on AMD 8350 V.S. the i5 3570k would be more noticable than the game playing bad, as you are definitely more likely to count the minutes rendering rather than watch your FPS counter looking for the lowest dip.

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

CPU: AMD FX-8350 4.0GHz 8-Core Processor ($189.99 @ NCIX US)
    CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 Plus 76.8 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler ($23.99 @ SuperBiiz)
    Motherboard: ASRock 970 EXTREME4 ATX AM3+ Motherboard ($99.99 @ Amazon)
    Memory: G.Skill Sniper 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1333 Memory ($36.99 @ Newegg)
    Storage: Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($93.99 @ SuperBiiz)
    Storage: Crucial M4 128GB 2.5" Solid State Disk ($89.99 @ Microcenter)
    Video Card: Sapphire Radeon HD 7970 GHz Edition 3GB Video Card ($454.98 @ Newegg)
    Total: $989.92
    (Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
    (Generated by PCPartPicker 2012-12-02 01:19 EST-0500)

I'd opt for a much more aggressive CPU cooler, maybe a noctua Nh-D14 or Corsair H100, simply put cooling the 8350 and clocking the hell out of it is fun. This build will also give you the absolute best single GPU graphics card on the market right now.
    Last edited by Milkshake86; 2012-12-02 at 06:20 AM.

Thank You very much for taking the time to put these builds together for me!! I am leaning toward the AMD build because you're right I do literally count the minutes while rendering....lol...
    Face Kicking Monk Extraordinaire and Proud TGN Partner:
    http://www.youtube.com/user/evilakurei

10+ Year Old Account
    Would a caviar green be advisable here since he needs a lot of storage space, or do you think editing large video files would involve more activity than they're designed for?
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/PizzaSHARK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.
    Quote Originally Posted by SUH View Post
    Crissi the goddess of MMO, if i may. ./bow

Deleted
    http://wdc.com/en/products/products.aspx?id=150

Seems to be what you ask for PizzaSHARK

Storage drive could be fine, It would likely faulter in the opening seconds of recording tho when compared to a Blue or Black.

With such a graphics card, you don't need to switch from case. That case you have is more than enough. My 6950 DC2 was max doing 76° in a case with only 1 outtake fan.