Thread: Female Demons

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
1
2
3
LastLast
  1. #21
    Warchief Asmodias's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Pacific Northwest
    Posts
    2,204
    Quote Originally Posted by darkminaz View Post
    we waited 8 years for green fire .. still don't have it
    how big is the chanse that we get 2 diffrent demons ?

    i kinda envy your hope, i lost mine with 5.1.
    It's sad that you lost your hope. I would imagine that waiting 8 years would be frustrating enough, and it doesn't help that the quest line to get Green Fire was "in theory" ready to go for 5.1... but it wasn't delivered. I would guess that the quest line wasn't scrapped. It just ended up not being as ready as Blizzard would have liked it to be. Hold on to a little bit of your hope... You guys will get Green Fire.

    To the OP:

    For this demon request, are you asking for female versions of the summon-able demons? Or are you asking for a female version of the Dark Metamorphosis demon form? I'm sure you know that there are a couple of summon-able female demons (the succubus and the shiva thing)... As for a female version of Dark Metamorphosis... That would be cool as long as it doesn't end up looking like the bug that Diablo has turned in to :P

    ---------- Post added 2012-12-03 at 08:50 AM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Rotted View Post
    This was said a while back by someone else,

    and Ill reply with the same reply they had, Good luck with that, female druids have been waiting for a female kitty form for 7 years, get in line

    Also, I kinda remember the blue post OP was talking about, but I've got a incling it was scrapped because you got the talents for a new set of demons iirc as new models as well as buffed
    A female kitty form? How would that work really? Save for getting rid of the tusks/horns (for horde) and the mane of the worgen for alliance. I'm curious if that would be enough to satisfy those who want a female kitty form. Outside of that, I don't know what one would do to make them look more feminine.

    Maybe I just don't understand the wants because, as a mage, I don't transform. (Except when I feel like going belf or using illusion) Wait, wouldn't this open the door for a female version of the Ascendance model for shamans? Creepy.


    Uber Casual | Avatar and Signature by Shyama

  2. #22
    Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    The art team are paid to do "marginal cosmetic stuff", the developers aren't impeded by this. But like I say, if the next expansion is, as tipped by Wrathion to be Legion centric - they wouldn't be marginal. They'd just be new demons; a part of the package extending existing lore.
    Oh yeah, totally agree, if next expack is indeed Legion centric or even partly about the Legion and has Demons in it, then everything's on the table and it might be a logical part of our flavour changes. For Mists though, I'm not seeing it. Doesn't fit the theme of the expansion, no demons anywhere so far. We might get to see some demons in the Class quest line in 5.2 (if we get it) but I doubt that'd be enough to spark new female versions of our pets + Incubus. So for Mists at least I think it's marginal beyond the normal marginaliness (lol) of new art.
    Your soul shall be mine! ||| Forum rules ||| New England Patriots

  3. #23
    lol...The infernal as a female.

    "Shes got HUUUUUUGGEE....Tracks of land"

  4. #24
    Field Marshal
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    PSR B1620-26 b
    Posts
    50
    I had to ask myself this question: "Is the demon actually capable of reproducing?" It doesn't seem possible for the Infernals and Voidwalkers. A construct of rock and fire, and a manifestation of (I assume) the void and magic. I don't know the lore behind demons, so I'm running off of a little bit of ignorance.

    If the Voidwalker were to get a female model, might as well give models to the elementals: fire, water, and arcane. They use the same models. Which is way I view the Infernals and Voidwalkers as not a living thing, or at least asexual.

    Felhunters (and you too druids!), honestly I couldn't care less about this model and druids. You can't really tell the difference. It's like Hunters begging for female pet models, how the hell do you notice without actually looking at their privates? I assume all pets are female, because if blizz made a beast male model (let's make a horse as an example!) this game would go to rated M or up.

    Succubus... whatever floats your boat.

    Felguard... A female felguard would make me play demo the same amount as I do now (as in never).

    Imp... I guess we got imps with clothing now.

    I would love a female form of Metamorphosis, but I don't know how blizz would pull off a female Illidan model. I'd rather have a Dark Apotheosis/Glyph of Stars-like minor glyph that cuts the Illidan model and only gives demon wings (I would play demo for this).

    In all honesty, I don't really care for male/female option for demons. I'm just sharing my thoughts about it. Male or Female, I drive a knife through its heart each hour anyways, so it doesn't matter to me.
    Last edited by psr1620; 2012-12-03 at 06:12 PM. Reason: Met opinion

  5. #25
    Brewmaster Detheavn's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    The Nether .... lands
    Posts
    1,438
    I still like this image, also posted ages ago, which depicts a female felguard.
    So guess I'm one of the people still hoping


    Removed link to picture for unsuitable content. ~xskarma
    Last edited by xskarma; 2012-12-04 at 04:25 AM. Reason: Infraction message

  6. #26
    Dreadlord Amirila's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    In a tree, watching everything
    Posts
    921
    Quote Originally Posted by Asmodias View Post
    A female kitty form? How would that work really? Save for getting rid of the tusks/horns (for horde) and the mane of the worgen for alliance. I'm curious if that would be enough to satisfy those who want a female kitty form. Outside of that, I don't know what one would do to make them look more feminine.
    Make them in colorful colors, of course!

  7. #27
    Quote Originally Posted by darkminaz View Post
    we waited 8 years for green fire .. still don't have it
    how big is the chanse that we get 2 diffrent demons ?

    i kinda envy your hope, i lost mine with 5.1.
    You're getting it in 5.2. Stop complaining.

    I could imagine a female version of the infernal... a feminine figure that has the infernal skin. But that, along with the voidwalker is an elemental, so I can't really see gender being an issue. Same with beholder and fel hunter.

    The only one I could see your argument applying to is the Fel Reaver and Doomguard.

  8. #28
    Quote Originally Posted by Detheavn View Post
    I still like this image, also posted ages ago, which depicts a female felguard.
    So guess I'm one of the people still hoping
    I'd tap dat.
    Last edited by xskarma; 2012-12-04 at 04:27 AM. Reason: Removed link

  9. #29
    The reason is blizzard will say this "Would you rather have new demon skins or a new raid boss"?
    But if they announced new demon skins the community would say this "Instead of demon skins fix our class or add a new raid boss".
    Then Blizzard will respond with this "It's not the same team so it wouldn't be time taken off off the class skills or raid bosses".

  10. #30
    For those discussing elementals and infernals, I think its worth pointing out Therazane.

  11. #31
    Stood in the Fire Queen Ultima's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Ireland, home of the Potato, Whisky, Drunks and Drunk Fighting Tournaments
    Posts
    485
    Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    For those discussing elementals and infernals, I think its worth pointing out Therazane.
    *Remembers Therazane's model*

    Oh. That's alright. I didn't want to sleep tonight anyway. Now to go cry in a corner until death takes me.

    EDIT: Also, Infernals are manufactured, right? As for regular demons, it's never stated but I'd say they're past the stage of sexual reproduction. Buuut, gender is far more than reproduction too, it's an element of presentation, which is why the demons that think presentation matter (Sayaad, Eredar, Shivarra) have remnants of gender, if not exagurrated, and demons that don't care about it (Felhunter) don't.
    Last edited by Queen Ultima; 2012-12-03 at 09:06 PM.

  12. #32
    Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    For those discussing elementals and infernals, I think its worth pointing out Therazane.
    Just strap two large boulders on the front of the infernal, call it a day. Slap a pink bow on the Voidwalker/elemental model's head, skewed at a 30 degree angle to the left, call it a day.
    Call to arms, the trumpets sound
    Hand puppets storm the base, flags up now cannons rage
    All clowns head for the rear, slingshots fire to the air
    Toy horses start the charge, Robot chessmen standing guard
    Crossfire to the marionettes, Slip into the edge of death...

  13. #33
    Bloodsail Admiral LeyrHao's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Coria del Río, Seville
    Posts
    1,141
    Quote Originally Posted by Queen Ultima View Post
    *Remembers Therazane's model*

    Oh. That's alright. I didn't want to sleep tonight anyway. Now to go cry in a corner until death takes me.
    I lol'd X____D

  14. #34
    Brewmaster Skayth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Backwards Country
    Posts
    1,298
    I want to see a female felguard/terrorguard (draenai), a male incubi, and female meta. For imp and void, all u need to really do is have a female voice artist do there vocals as well, as they tend to look ... genderless? unless u want a female gnome imp.

  15. #35
    Quote Originally Posted by Rotted View Post
    This was said a while back by someone else,

    and Ill reply with the same reply they had, Good luck with that, female druids have been waiting for a female kitty form for 7 years, get in line

    Also, I kinda remember the blue post OP was talking about, but I've got a incling it was scrapped because you got the talents for a new set of demons iirc as new models as well as buffed
    Female kitty form??? I admit I don't play a druid but I don't recall seeing a pair of nuts when standing behind one. Male/Female cats really have no difference in appearance.

    My wife just recently started playing a Demo lock and it is so funny to watch her petite little character turn into this hulking creature with a baritone voice that is definitely male.

    IMO they need to add a female demonic form.

  16. #36
    Scarab Lord Grubjuice's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    The Dog Park
    Posts
    4,045
    man i would love a sexy little leather daddy/Mr. Slave Incubus to replace my succubus. He should have black leather chaps and a harness and biker cap and a mustache.
    <---- not interested in women.

  17. #37
    I would much rather have a flying Warlock mount, than new demon forms.

    That said, you could argue that we got new demon forms in the Grimoire of Supremacy talent. Sure, they're not all male to female, but the Felguard certainly upgraded to a female!

    Back when it was first announced I remember making an image about the new forms.. The Felguard was the only one remotely serious, and it actually is the Shivarra we now have as the updated Felguard *lol*

    http: // spellbound.nu/wp-content/uploads/2011/04/new_demons.jpg

    (can't post links/images yet, just remove the spaces if you want to see the image)

  18. #38
    Quote Originally Posted by Queen Ultima View Post
    Sadly, agreed. Back in the days of Wrath and Cata, I always imagined some body horror from my female Lock turning into a male Demon form and back, and that was the excuse for the cooldown. Now, in the days of rotational Metamorphosis, I'm worried soon she'll be sporting giant pecs permenantly
    Or giant... other things.
    I can't help but feel my "epic" experience being diminished when I wage battle against mighty Ordos and 10 people in the raid do nothing but /jump and /fart ...
    -- Strych, 90 Orc Warrior, Tarren Mill EU

  19. #39
    Quote Originally Posted by Taros View Post
    Is this what the warlock community cares about? Female demons and green fire?
    Am I the only person alive who only cares about functionality?
    I don't really care about functionality in a video game. I care about it when I'm working or studying. to me video-games are where I make a fictional character do cool stuff and feel happy enough to be able to stand the serious stuff.

    female demons and green fire are cool. numbers are not.

    so yeah, female demons and green fire > functionality

    now if I were a professional WoW player (lol), than I'd care about functionality.
    Warlorcs of Draenorc made me quit. You can't have my stuff.

  20. #40
    Quote Originally Posted by Queen Ultima View Post
    Sadly, agreed. Back in the days of Wrath and Cata, I always imagined some body horror from my female Lock turning into a male Demon form and back, and that was the excuse for the cooldown. Now, in the days of rotational Metamorphosis, I'm worried soon she'll be sporting giant pecs permenantly

    As for the genderless argument: While it's not stated explicitely, the Voidwalker/Lord and Observer have a distinctly male voicework. Plus, any glyph (or other method) for Female demons could also be reversed, allowing for a male Incubus instead of Succubus (assuming, of course, that the fan theory that the Succubi's destruction of their males were what drew the Legion to them.) and Shivarra could be replaced with, say, Satyrs or lesser Dreadlords (cant remember WoW Demon Lore much, so not sure if minor Dreadlords would be "too much", considering we have Man'ari Wrathguards).
    Well when you think about it, aren't giant pecs really just medium sized boobs anyway?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •