Page 1 of 5
1
2
3
... LastLast
  1. #1

    The King is Dead [BM] ! Long live the King[Surv;]

    So nice to see such a hotfix hunter buffs 2x i didnt expect it but what makes me really happy is that now Surv is THE Spec ! ;p
    Surv scale better with agl and best with spells that does magic dmg like 100% dgm buff to serpent sting.
    Surv has better sustain dps, lower burst but overall same dps as BM and at least if you play surv u can shine on any fight with heavy AoE or may be on fight where multi dotters classes excel .
    And lets not forget something important ...right not 2set and especially 4set bonus gives so much to BM hunter ...but guess what in next tier u might and probably wont be so lucky with set bonuses that are 3 times better for 1 spec then the other ..and then we ll have BM falling even more behind.
    So tell me again what are BM better then surv to make me play it ?
    it has more dps single target ? No (Bm starts strong but who cares how u start i care how the picture looks in dmg matter at the end of the fight and surv always catch up after the strong bm burst at start)
    it has better sustain ? NO
    is it easer to play ? no
    its actually more fun to play ? big NO ( tunnel vision like stupid tracking 10 cds )
    it has better burst ? Yes by a lot and thats the 1st 20% of the fight nobody gives a fack
    is has better cleave AoE and multi dotting option? NO if there is AoE bm is dead last

    So tell me again that is the reason to play BM this tier? What do you feel as a BM hunter is making you special and better then other spec ?
    Share ! cuz sharing is caring ?

  2. #2
    BM is better because it is for adults

  3. #3
    Firstly, that was painful as hell to read; secondly, the reason to play BM is because you like it, I have been BM since Vanilla and will always remain BM. Also a reason to play BM is if you find you are better able to handle the rotation of BM compared to Surv or Marks, all depends on the player and their ability.

  4. #4
    Sorry u mean for the kids ? cuz i know kids like those shine spirit beasts running around em hahahahaha

    The point of this post was to ask why i should play BM and that is the real benefits over surv if i choose BM
    If i pick up surv at least i always have an option for strong AoE ? what do i get if i play BM tell me honestly what makes me better and more useful for that other 24 players around me ?
    BM always was the lvling spec not the best raiding spec at least not since many years(TBC) and it should stay there in the corner as a nice solo/pvp/questing spec capable of doing some nice deeps....but the REAL hunters like me hahaha! ;D always should play MM or Surv and i feel pity for the current state of MM
    Last edited by lolipopp; 2012-12-02 at 09:48 AM.

  5. #5
    my guildmates craped their pants when my dps increesed by almost 50% making me number 2 on the dps list

  6. #6
    Easy BM gives a lot more utility, although in a 25man raid not so much. As BM you can bring all major buffs, Brez and Bloodlust, also overall damage is higher "dps" at the end of an encounter will tend to look lower on BM than surv but if you check the "Damage Done" part of "recount" you will find that you have done more dmg throughout the fight as BM than you would for Surv

  7. #7
    Mechagnome Sony's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    546
    Bm is the best burst dmg spec atm. Long boss fights, you can maybe use your major cds 3-4 with ready. The 5.1 patch nerf only includes for pvp, as for pve many hardcore raiders will stay BM. You can also go survival in long aoe fights
    | Intel i7 2600k @ 4.2Ghz | Asus P8P67 Deluxe B3 | Asus Direct-Cu HD-6870 |

    | Corsair Vengeance 8GB DDR3-@1600 |

    | 120GB SSD OCZ Vertex Max IOPS | 2TB Western Digital Caviar Black |

    | Water Cooling- Coolit ECO Alc | Corsair HX 750W | Corsair Graphite 600t Black |

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Aigilas View Post
    "Damage Done" part of "recount" you will find that you have done more dmg throughout the fight as BM than you would for Surv
    That dmg part ...speak for your self here ok :_) ?
    BM bring absolustly nothing buff wise to 25 men and bring only lil more then surv for buffing 10 men...and if u dont have a mage in your 10men gr i feel sorry for you ;'p
    U have burst true but imagine how much your dps sux out of the burst phase since a surv hunter can and will catch you in dmg matters by the end of the fight. And what if have to delay your burst by a good 20-30 sec to nuke something important lal u ll loose even more dps.
    And lets not forget more burst = batter chance to screw things over ...u wont admit it but 95%+ of BM hunters dont do it right and cant do it right for 6 min and no matter how hard you stare at those CDS u always make some lil mistake....guess what as a BM u are punished hard for that mistakes ...as surv its kinda a not big deal
    Last edited by lolipopp; 2012-12-02 at 09:59 AM.

  9. #9
    BM still does more single target damage, on top of that the 4pc tier is wothless to SV where it actually is HUGE for BM making it jump even farther ahead of SV then it was before.

    if you do more damage as SV then as BM it means you are just paying BM wrong.

  10. #10
    Grunt Vorrane's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    13th hierarchical city of kagutsuchi
    Posts
    16
    Bm is still very much viable, I just want my glorious mm back for pvp : _ :
    I want to give my precious monkey Makka his job back as my main pet!

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by lolipopp View Post
    That dmg part ...speak for your self here ok :_) ?
    BM bring absolustly nothing buff wise to 25 men and bring only lil more then surv for buffing 10 men...and if u dont have a mage in your 10men gr i feel sorry for you ;'p
    U have burst true but imagine how much your dps sux out of the burst phase since a surv hunter can and will catch you in dmg matters by the end of the fight. And what if have to delay your burst by a good 20-30 sec to nuke something important lal u ll loose even more dps.
    Hhhmmmmmmm straight up, you are wrong. as BM out dps does lower after (like every other class and spec that has ever existed) and surv does not catch up on damage done meters because our burst starts again after each minute, even though some of our cd's take longer to set up we have a fair amount of cd's for continuing burst sustainably.

    Now YOU did ask what BM will bring and why you should chose BM rather than a different spec such as Surv, people have told you and stated it with correct grammar and spelling (something you are not familiar with) at this oint it seems like you would prefer an argument or people to ignore proof and follow your unresearched conclusions

  12. #12
    I agree with this topic. Before 5.1 and fixes I was always second to Fire mage on Feng, with max like 65k. After the buff my dps speeded up to like 75 and I'm starting to feel as awesome as during cata

  13. #13
    BM is nowhere near dead. They just brought survival closer. If you're a bad BM player, this will make survival much easier for you.

  14. #14
    BM is still owning the crap out of SV. Even in AoE fights (if the bm hunter knows how to AoE properly).

    Recruiting players for 14/14hc farm and upcoming expansion, pm me or www.lucewow.com

  15. #15
    Bm is still miles ahead on singletarget.

  16. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by lolipopp View Post
    Sorry u mean for the kids ? cuz i know kids like those shine spirit beasts running around em hahahahaha

    The point of this post was to ask why i should play BM and that is the real benefits over surv if i choose BM
    If i pick up surv at least i always have an option for strong AoE ? what do i get if i play BM tell me honestly what makes me better and more useful for that other 24 players around me ?
    BM always was the lvling spec not the best raiding spec at least not since many years(TBC) and it should stay there in the corner as a nice solo/pvp/questing spec capable of doing some nice deeps....but the REAL hunters like me hahaha! ;D always should play MM or Surv and i feel pity for the current state of MM
    I could agree with you, but than we'd be both wrong.

    no spec should ever be a "solo/questing" spec in a game that doesn't focus on soloing or questing at all. WoW is a group game, and all specs are supposed to be able to help the group.

    also remember: on vanilla all warriors were tankers, all priests were healers, all paladins/shamans were buffers and all druids were mana batteries for the real healers (priests). the old model is just plain wrong and broken, and it changed for a very good reason.

    if you feel BM doesn't have enough utility, pass that feedback to the devs constructively through the official forums. personaly I believe they have far too much utility, since they can bring almost every buff + bloodlust, healing, water walking, battle res and what-not.

    now if you like SV and MM better, that's your opinion and you can have one. but many "REAL hunters" like BM and you shouldn't behave as if they aren't true hunters.

    I'm a demo lock. I kinda hate hunters because they get new pets every patch while warlocks don't even get new skins for their old pets (it took 3 expansions for us to get the "new" burning crusade demons lol), but as a BC demo lock (from when demo was a "levelling spec"), reading someone say any spec at all should be a levelling spec really makes my blood boil.

  17. #17
    BM = PvP (hig burst)
    Suv = PvE where you need tons of AoE
    MM = I think is good for PvE general but still sucking balls at PvP

  18. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by eLPachuukko View Post
    BM = PvP (hig burst)
    Suv = PvE where you need tons of AoE
    MM = I think is good for PvE general but still sucking balls at PvP
    BM AoE > SV AoE, if played correctly (which starts with using a worm and using stampede with 5x worm to spam burrow with).

    If you keep burrow constantly up, with multishot and glaive toss, you should beat the sv hunter, but this was pre ss buff.

    Recruiting players for 14/14hc farm and upcoming expansion, pm me or www.lucewow.com

  19. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by Hikashuri View Post
    BM is still owning the crap out of SV. Even in AoE fights (if the bm hunter knows how to AoE properly).

    Exactly this

  20. #20
    BM is a spec designed for Wrath Babies, those who enjoy fishing, and Apple Mac users.

    Sadly it is still top single-target.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •