Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    Deleted
    I didn't add this because I wasn't sure I actually had read it right at the time, but for those saying BM is hard because "you have to time FF after BW", here is what EJ say about it:

Focus Fire should be used when we have 5 stacks of Frenzy, preferably just before a BW if one is coming up, for the immediate focus boost to the pet, as well as the increased focus regen during BW.
    Also the whole readiness and pet-managing issues are non-existent as all three specs have it.

I agree I should've said MM was harder before the patch, but still I find it harder than BM. Maybe it's just me, what can I say. Or maybe it's this (from EJ):

Careful Aim Phase
    Aimed Shot (AI) is always the focus dump.
    Do not use Glaive Toss (GT) during this phase unless there are other targets to hit besides the primary target.

When unhasted:
    - Perform a combination of the following cycles to balance focus. The cycles should be roughly alternated by just adding in the additional Steady Shots (SS). With the T14 4P, the second cycle is needed in two of every 3 cycles.
    -- CS-SSx3-AIx2
    -- CS-SSx4-AIx2

During Bloodlust:
    - Perform a combination of the following cycles to balance focus. The cycles should be roughly alternated by just adding in the additional SS. With the T14 4P, the second cycle is needed about between 2 of every 3 cycles of 3 of every 4 cycles.
    -- SSx3-AIx3
    -- SSx4-AIx3

During Rapid Fire:
    -- The additional haste and focus generally allows an AS for SS replacement over the Bloodlust cycle.
    -- Perform the following cycle. To balance focus, either skip an SS every 5th cycle SS-AI pair or add an AI every 7th SS-AI pair. With the T14 4P, either skip and SS every 7th SS-AI pair or add an AI every 9th pair.
    --- SSx3-AIx3

Standard Phase

When unhasted:
    - Use Arcane Shot (AS) as the focus dump.
    - Perform a combination of the following cycles to balance focus. The first cycle can be used on the majority of cycles with substituting an SS for an AS about every 11th cycle. With the T14 4P, the second cycle is needed about every 8th cycle.
    -- CS-SSx3-ASx4
    -- CS-SSx4-ASx3

During Bloodlust:
    - Use AS as the focus dump.
    - The haste from Bloodlust allows an additional AS to be included in the cycle.
    - Perform a combination of the following cycles to balance focus. The first cycle is the default with substituting an SS for an AS about every 4th cycle. With the T14 4P, the second cycle is needed about every 3rd cycle.
    -- CS-SSx3-ASx5
    -- CS-SSx4-ASx4

During Rapid Fire:
    - Use AS as the focus dump without the T14 4P and optionally with the T14 4P.
    -- The additional haste and focus generally allows an AS for SS replacement over the Bloodlust cycle.
    -- Perform a combination of the following cycles to balance focus. The first cycle is the default with substituting an SS for an AS about every 3rd cycle. The same ratio works for the T14 4P.
    --- CS-SSx2-ASx6
    --- CS-SSx3-ASx5
    - Use AI as the focus dump with the T14 4P.
    -- Perform a combination of the following cycles with alternating the cycles to balance focus. The second cycle just adds an additional SS.
    ---CS-SSx4-AIx4
    ---CS-SSx5-AIx4

Kill Shot Phase

During this phase, the same focus dump should be used in the same situations as for the Standard Phase.

When unhasted:
    - Perform a combination of the following cycles. To balance focus, roughly 3 of the first cycle is needed for every 2 of the second cycle. With the T14 4P, roughly 5 of the first cycle is needed for every 4 of the second cycle.
    -- CS-SSx2-ASx5
    -- CS-SSx3-ASx4
    - This cycle has an AS for SS substitution compared to the Standard Phase.

During Bloodlust:
    - The haste from Bloodlust allows an additional AS to be included in the cycle.
    - Perform a combination of the following cycles. To balance focus, approximately alternate the cycles. With the T14 4P, roughly 3 of the first cycle is needed for every 2 of the second cycle.
    -- CS-SSx2-ASx6
    -- CS-SSx3-ASx5

During Rapid Fire:
    - Use AS as the focus dump without the T14 4P and optionally with the T14 4P.
    -- Perform the following cycle every cycle which despite performing the minimum number of SSs, still overcaps focus. The same applies for the T14 4P.
    --- CS-SSx2-ASx6
    - Use AI as the focus dump with the T14 4P.
    -- Perform a combination of the following cycles. To balance focus, 5 of the second cycle is needed for 1 of the first cycle. The second cycle just adds an additional SS.
    --- CS-SSx3-AIx4
    --- CS-SSx4-AIx4
    SV is a joke for sure. ^^
    Last edited by mmoc17d00b68f9; 2012-12-05 at 02:26 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    my dps interquartial ranges for both BM and SV fit within eachother's respective margins of error.
    i.e. They cannot be statistically differentiated.

Quote Originally Posted by Helios View Post
    History has shown the same trend since BC. The beginning of every xpack has favored bm due to its lower gear dependencies. As each xpack progresses to the end, MM has almost always become the superior.
    Hmm finally someone with a brain spoke , so nice its full of too many "new" hunters here who fail to see the big picture. And the picture is this Surv is as strong as BM atm give it or take it 1-2k dps ( witch is absolutly nothing when we speak for 100k+ dps) its has better sustain and beast aoe ....MM is about to catch both BM and Surv next tier and surv cuz scale very good with gear will become only stronger with better gear .
    Surv scales great with Agl
    MM scales amazing with weapon dmg and crit chance(and i really mean amazing ..any1 remeber ToC 4th boss?)
    BM benefit most of AP......still not getting the trend here :P? learn how to look at the things out of the box.
    Last edited by lolipopp; 2012-12-05 at 05:29 PM.

i still prefer MM for single target fights and being number one on the damage meters doesn't make it any worse either, just not werry good at aoe or soloing sadly

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by lolipopp View Post
    Hmm finally someone with a brain spoke , so nice its full of too many "new" hunters here who fail to see the big picture. And the picture is this Surv is as strong as BM atm give it or take it 1-2k dps ( witch is absolutly nothing when we speak for 100k+ dps) its has better sustain and beast aoe ....MM is about to catch both BM and Surv next tier and surv cuz scale very good with gear will become only stronger with better gear .
    Surv scales great with Agl
    MM scales amazing with weapon dmg and crit chance(and i really mean amazing ..any1 remeber ToC 4th boss?)
    BM benefit most of AP......still not getting the trend here :P? learn how to look at the things out of the box.
    there's no chance that they fix those scale difference?i mean,surv and bm that scale well with weapon dmg/agi/crit?bm fan here^^but you re right,every xpac is the same

Quote Originally Posted by spiattalo View Post
    I didn't add this because I wasn't sure I actually had read it right at the time, but for those saying BM is hard because "you have to time FF after BW", here is what EJ say about it:

Also the whole readiness and pet-managing issues are non-existent as all three specs have it.

I agree I should've said MM was harder before the patch, but still I find it harder than BM. Maybe it's just me, what can I say. Or maybe it's this (from EJ):

SV is a joke for sure. ^^
    Honestly, thats just a massive and well laid out way for making a precise rotation out of marks. You can do the same thing with BM and survival, it just may be longer than 3 abilities per "cycle".

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nangz View Post
    Honestly, thats just a massive and well laid out way for making a precise rotation out of marks. You can do the same thing with BM and survival, it just may be longer than 3 abilities per "cycle".
    Yes, you're right. What I'm saying is it's harder to master that precise rotation(s) for marks than it is for SV and BM. And that's me.